Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 165

Thread: Nancy Caves

  1. #131
    Tavern Bartender
    Dam Epidamic Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    25,693
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Nancy Caves

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I don't think you quite got the point.

    It's not "the stuff" that chaps the liberal's ass, it's Nancy GIVING UP on the stuff.

    I think you left a slew of stuff off your list, like $15 minimum wage, USPS debt forgiveness, election rules and a whole lot more that has absolutely nothing to do with economic aid.

    It's that liberal agenda stuff...and the blowback for putting it into her bill...that forced her to cave.
    They didn't think they would get that. Do you ****ing know anything about negotiation?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtEx. View Post
    Canada, it's way better than America, it's what happens when people don't vote against their own interests to stick it to the minorities and liberals.

  2. #132
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,081

    Re: Nancy Caves

    Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    Since you are obviously educationally challenged, I will provide you with the definition:

    appropriation
    noun
    ap·​pro·​pri·​a·​tion | \ ə-ˌprō-prē-ˈā-shən

    1 : an act or instance of appropriating something
    2 : something that has been appropriated specifically : money set aside by formal action for a specific use the city's appropriation for schools

    You quoted yourself, not anything I ever said and certainly nothing from the US Constitution. You just made it up out of thin air.
    Just stop dude. Mycroft has been correct and have been wrong.
    Revenue is not appropriations and is no way synonymous with it.

    In law and government, appropriation is the act of setting apart something for its application to a particular usage, to the exclusion of all other uses. It typically refers to the legislative designation of money for particular uses, in the context of a budget or spending bill.


    Appropriation (law) - Wikipedia
    Last edited by Excon; 03-25-20 at 01:51 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #133
    Stabler Genius
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,196

    Re: Nancy Caves

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    This is the government coming to the aid of all/majority it's citizens, not a select few, and is under a different set of circumstances that warrarnt it.
    So...an impoverished family with an income of $20,000 a year is not in need of government assistance, but $80,000 families who can't buy toilet paper is in need of government assistance? And you argue that this assistance is fine because this is not normal times? You've merely joined those who were already in need of government assistance. Your spin is illogical.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Only in your illogical thoughts.
    This is not normal times. This is a nation in need.
    This is a nation that all of sudden wants government assistance. You have merely joined those who were already in need of it. But this is different because you need toilet paper? This is busted ideology.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Though, I have no problem if the gov made it means tested as all those sucking off the gov teat
    There's that whining about an exaggerated issue. For every individual sucking the teat, you can also name a dozen who are legit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Your argument carries no weight. The circumstances are different.
    Yes, you need toilet paper and government assistance. I, however, don't need the assistance at all. Perhaps you should just find a better job. Right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Why you choose to address this to me when I haven't discussed this just goes to show how off the beaten path your current thoughts are.
    Because it is a part of the same hypocrisy of the times. The spinning is comical.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Lame nonsense.
    Assistance to all businesses. Big or small.
    Even those who don't pay taxes. So much for the idea of a free market and the idea that government does not belong in private business. Apparently, capitalism and the free market are matters of convenience. More busted ideology.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Clearly you were and your ideology is standing in your way of understanding.
    Understanding the uber hypocrisy? My ideology sways with the facts. I do not spin the facts to fit an ideology. Try it sometime. It is quite liberating not having to cater to what is illogical at any given moment.
    Last edited by MSgt; 03-25-20 at 02:08 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC 1992~2012

  4. #134
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,189

    Re: Nancy Caves

    Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    Since you are obviously educationally challenged, I will provide you with the definition:

    appropriation
    noun
    ap·​pro·​pri·​a·​tion | \ ə-ˌprō-prē-ˈā-shən

    1 : an act or instance of appropriating something
    2 : something that has been appropriated specifically : money set aside by formal action for a specific use the city's appropriation for schools

    You quoted yourself, not anything I ever said and certainly nothing from the US Constitution. You just made it up out of thin air.
    That money (revenue) has to be raised (House action) before it can be appropriated (spent)
    "Be your own journalist." - Greg Gutfeld
    When I "dismiss" you it only means that I have determined that further discussion is useless or counter-productive. Don't take it personally. Go ahead and have your last word...and move on.

  5. #135
    Sage
    Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Alaska (61.5°N, -149°W)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,388

    Re: Nancy Caves

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Just stop dude. Mycroft has been correct and have been wrong.
    Revenue is not appropriations and is no way synonymous with it.

    In law and government, appropriation is the act of setting apart something for its application to a particular usage, to the exclusion of all other uses. It typically refers to the legislative designation of money for particular uses, in the context of a budget or spending bill.


    Appropriation (law) - Wikipedia
    All bills for raising revenues are appropriations bills. Before 2000 Congress use to pass 12 (13 if you count DC) appropriation bills that constituted the federal budget. They are still called appropriation bills, but the constitutionally irresponsible House (both when under Democrat and Republican control) has flat out refused to pass all 12 appropriation bills since FY1999. All they pass now to fund the federal government are Continuing Resolutions, Omnibus, and Supplemental Spending bills, and typically with a veto-proof majority to prevent the President from vetoing them.

  6. #136
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,189

    Re: Nancy Caves

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    They didn't think they would get that. Do you ****ing know anything about negotiation?
    Then she wasted her time and political capital.

    The Senate Dems and Reps were already in negotiations. Nancy's stunt did nothing to further negotiations. It just got a lot of people pissed off at her.
    "Be your own journalist." - Greg Gutfeld
    When I "dismiss" you it only means that I have determined that further discussion is useless or counter-productive. Don't take it personally. Go ahead and have your last word...and move on.

  7. #137
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,161

    Re: Nancy Caves

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I understand every bit of that. Still, you're better than this ugly ageist and sexist crap.
    Okay. Here I am at my drawing board, trying to draw up a piece of furniture, and the fruit rollups are on my mind. I shouldn't have said the dentures and fruit roll ups thing. I feel terrible. Okay, not entirely abominable, but reasonably despicable. I'm gonna try to think of epoxy and muffins for a bit.

  8. #138
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    56,005

    Re: Nancy Caves

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    I try to be, but being 70 myself, I'm treating her as a peer. Were I in her shoes, I wouldn't view this as an opportunity to extort the public. I don't believe many would.
    And I agree with that too. Just not the low fruit roll-up remark.

  9. #139
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,081

    Re: Nancy Caves

    Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    All bills for raising revenues are appropriations bills. Before 2000 Congress use to pass 12 (13 if you count DC) appropriation bills that constituted the federal budget. They are still called appropriation bills, but the constitutionally irresponsible House (both when under Democrat and Republican control) has flat out refused to pass all 12 appropriation bills since FY1999. All they pass now to fund the federal government are Continuing Resolutions, Omnibus, and Supplemental Spending bills, and typically with a veto-proof majority to prevent the President from vetoing them.
    You were already corrected several times.
    Just stop.
    Again.

    Revenue is not appropriations and is no way synonymous with it.

    In law and government, appropriation is the act of setting apart something for its application to a particular usage, to the exclusion of all other uses. It typically refers to the legislative designation of money for particular uses, in the context of a budget or spending bill.


    Appropriation (law) - Wikipedia
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #140
    Classic Liberal
    smallvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    God's country
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,595

    Re: Nancy Caves

    Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    trump is caving to the virus
    Wherever did you get that? Is it in the DNC message that no one but you has read?
    ...that still, small voice that is in the back of your mind that says: He's right...

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •