Page 93 of 201 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 930 of 2009

Thread: Expect a Million Deaths

  1. #921
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    27,328

    Re: Expect a Million Deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    I can't even start talking about how misguided this is. I'll just say what I said to the other denier here: come back to this thread in 3 weeks and we'll see if your idea will still hold water.
    Thats fair.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  2. #922
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,159

    Re: Expect a Million Deaths

    These pandemic models are like global warming models. If you live in a model, youre screwed. If you live in the real world youll probably be ok.

  3. #923
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    29,404

    Re: Expect a Million Deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Looking at Italy, worst case so far: Just today: 6000 new cases, roughly 1000 new deaths.

    US is already on a path to exceed the worst case scenarios in the olive country.
    1700 deaths with 104,000 cases? We will see, but I don't think that's very accurate. Age of the people getting it and underlying conditions are the most relevant factors, and Italy has one of the highest median ages on the planet. Devil's advocate, so does Japan on the median age, but they are handling things pretty well by comparison.

  4. #924
    Sage Paradoxical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,719

    Re: Expect a Million Deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by uptower View Post
    The WHO, CDC, doctors, researchers and epidemiologists and other experts the news media refers to. 'They' will suffice as my fingers get tired. Or if you like, listen to Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity and some dude on Facebook who also thinks windmills give people cancer - I'm sure they know just as much.
    I steer away from your GOTO sources of Mika and Joe, Rachel Maddow and The View as possibly being biased. But, I imagine you feel all are entitled to be "reporters" and have a seat at press conferences.
    When the debate is lost, the loser resorts to slander.

  5. #925
    Sage
    uptower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,267

    Re: Expect a Million Deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxical View Post
    I steer away from your GOTO sources of Mika and Joe, Rachel Maddow and The View as possibly being biased. But, I imagine you feel all are entitled to be "reporters" and have a seat at press conferences.
    Here, right here, public health officials. People who know more than you or I and especially more than the president, who doesn't know his ass from his elbows.

    Whine all you like about the bias of the newspaper or news site or TV station that publishes them, but they're still recording the words of people who understand the problem and these experts show us how little the president does.
    I don't take responsibility at all. - Donald J. Trump

  6. #926
    Sage Paradoxical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,719

    Re: Expect a Million Deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by uptower View Post
    Here, right here, public health officials. People who know more than you or I and especially more than the president, who doesn't know his ass from his elbows.

    Whine all you like about the bias of the newspaper or news site or TV station that publishes them, but they're still recording the words of people who understand the problem and these experts show us how little the president does.
    HAHAHA.LMAO. I opened the link and saw a scowling face of Trump and it was by the left wing blog site called Salon. Know what I did, uptower?

    I closed it out in a second. Know why? I can't allow myself to view such hatred, anger and evil from the likes of Salon, WaPo, The NY Times, MSNBS, CNN, etc. You feel free though
    When the debate is lost, the loser resorts to slander.

  7. #927
    Privileged


    calamity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    119,749

    Re: Expect a Million Deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxical View Post
    HAHAHA.LMAO. I opened the link and saw a scowling face of Trump and it was by the left wing blog site called Salon. Know what I did, uptower?

    I closed it out in a second. Know why? I can't allow myself to view such hatred, anger and evil from the likes of Salon, WaPo, The NY Times, MSNBS, CNN, etc. You feel free though
    Sure, there is no better source than Stormfront.

    Meanwhile, in Trump's America:

    Coronavirus Cases:123,428; Deaths: 2,211

    19,302 new cases today alone, with 515 deaths.

    United States Coronavirus: 123,428 Cases and 2,211 Deaths - Worldometer

    MAGA!
    Trump Lied; 100,000 People Died

  8. #928
    Sage
    uptower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,267

    Re: Expect a Million Deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxical View Post
    HAHAHA.LMAO. I opened the link and saw a scowling face of Trump and it was by the left wing blog site called Salon. Know what I did, uptower?

    I closed it out in a second. Know why? I can't allow myself to view such hatred, anger and evil from the likes of Salon, WaPo, The NY Times, MSNBS, CNN, etc. You feel free though
    'Anger and evil,' now that's laughable. Experts called Trump out, whether you like who printed it or not.
    I don't take responsibility at all. - Donald J. Trump

  9. #929
    Privileged


    calamity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    119,749

    Re: Expect a Million Deaths

    New York is in big trouble.

    Today: +7,131 cases; +277 deaths
    Trump Lied; 100,000 People Died

  10. #930
    Privileged


    calamity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    119,749

    Re: Expect a Million Deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by uptower View Post
    'Anger and evil,' now that's laughable. Experts called Trump out, whether you like who printed it or not.
    It is rather stunning to see the ignorance of those not calling Trump out. Seriously. We are rapidly approaching a 1/4 million cases and 5,000 deaths....rapidly means by Tuesday.
    Trump Lied; 100,000 People Died

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •