View Poll Results: Is COV-19 affecting politics?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oh yes

    18 78.26%
  • Hell no

    1 4.35%
  • It shouldn't

    4 17.39%
  • It might

    1 4.35%
  • Other

    2 8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44

Thread: Is COV-19 affecting politics?

  1. #11
    Advisor SkyChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    05-28-20 @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    418

    Re: Is COV-19 affecting politics?

    This COVID-19 pandemic is the Gift from God that Joe needed to unseat Trump.

    Dems have been trying for 3 years to destroy Trump, and now it turn out they didn't even need to.

    Trump will self-destruct.
    "The power to tax is the power to destroy." - John Marshall

  2. #12
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Over that way
    Last Seen
    05-28-20 @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,756

    Re: Is COV-19 affecting politics?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    It seems that this disease, that knows no bias or respect of boundaries, is becoming a political weapon. Shouldn't we come together on a common enemy with some sensible uncharged solutions?


    The biggest threat to Donald Trump's re-election in 2020 may be COVID-19.

    The spread of the novel coronavirus is shaping up as a test of Trump's core pitch to voters: that they are better off than they were when he took office. Sharp drops in the stock market, school and office closures, crashing oil prices and widespread disruptions to other major industries have some Trump supporters concerned that the virus is triggering a new financial crisis that could hurt Trump's bid for a second term more than any political test he's faced so far.

    'The economic ramifications of the coronavirus are increasingly likely to weigh heavily on Trump's re-election chances and quite possibly could cost him re-election,' says Republican donor Dan Eberhart.

    One recent historical precedent in particular troubles Trump's close allies. After the housing bubble precipitated an economic meltdown in 2008, voters turned from incumbent Republicans to opposition Democrats in that fall's election, voting Barack Obama into the White House and sending Democratic majorities to both the House and the Senate. The parallels to 2008 'are especially frightening from my vantage point right now,' Eberhart says.

    How Coronavirus Could Affect Donald Trump's Re-Election | Time
    This will absolutely impact the election. How Trump handles this going forward will turn more against him if he fails. On the other side of this if Trump comes through and proves himself to be a great leader he will turn a lot of people into supporters.
    I reply to almost every post. If I don't reply it is because our conversation reached a conclusion or because you are on ignore and I don't consider you worth talking to.

  3. #13
    Sage
    chuckiechan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    California Caliphate
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,631

    Re: Is COV-19 affecting politics?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    It seems that this disease, that knows no bias or respect of boundaries, is becoming a political weapon. Shouldn't we come together on a common enemy with some sensible uncharged solutions?


    The biggest threat to Donald Trump's re-election in 2020 may be COVID-19.

    The spread of the novel coronavirus is shaping up as a test of Trump's core pitch to voters: that they are better off than they were when he took office. Sharp drops in the stock market, school and office closures, crashing oil prices and widespread disruptions to other major industries have some Trump supporters concerned that the virus is triggering a new financial crisis that could hurt Trump's bid for a second term more than any political test he's faced so far.

    'The economic ramifications of the coronavirus are increasingly likely to weigh heavily on Trump's re-election chances and quite possibly could cost him re-election,' says Republican donor Dan Eberhart.

    One recent historical precedent in particular troubles Trump's close allies. After the housing bubble precipitated an economic meltdown in 2008, voters turned from incumbent Republicans to opposition Democrats in that fall's election, voting Barack Obama into the White House and sending Democratic majorities to both the House and the Senate. The parallels to 2008 'are especially frightening from my vantage point right now,' Eberhart says.

    How Coronavirus Could Affect Donald Trump's Re-Election | Time
    It is, but not for the most publicized reasons.
    First of all, who knew that 90% of our drugs, particularly generics now are exclusively made in China?
    When Trump was beating the table about our unholy reliance on a Chinese dictatorship for many critical supplies, too many thought he was mostly talking about cheap Chinese do dads from at Walmart?

    Obviously, Trump should have demanded an immediate return to drug manufacturing in the USA. Everyone was screaming about it...yeah, right. It’s was more fun to waste time trying to gut Trumps presidency.

    We deserve it. We are being punk slapped for letting big business wander off shore and put us all at risk. If there is any constant in America, is capitalism creates poor planners. Bush and Obama both bear most of the blame, and our elected officials in the aggregate bear the rest, and it’s our fault for not demanding they quit fighting and get back to work.

    For good news look for a baby boom!
    “YAHTZEE!!“—Joe Biden winning at BINGO.
    Coronavirus: The last Chinese import.
    When it’s raining thread craps, you know you have struck a nerve!
    Racism is not being able to read racist rap lyrics out loud because you are white.

  4. #14
    ★★Light✣Bearer★★
    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    21,450
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Is COV-19 affecting politics?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    This will absolutely impact the election. How Trump handles this going forward will turn more against him if he fails. On the other side of this if Trump comes through and proves himself to be a great leader he will turn a lot of people into supporters.
    Nov is a long way off in political time. This pandemic will probably be over and out of the News cycle by June. And if Trump quits talking about it, people will realize how little he can actually do to prevent a force of nature from following its natural conclusion. I don't believe there are that many swing voters left anymore, I think people, in general, have made up their minds about Trump. But how he handles the resulting economic fallout may become a big talking point for the Dems and cause some lost/indifferent supporters to not vote Republican.
    "Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living the results of other people's thinking."

  5. #15
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    23,883
    Blog Entries
    46

    Re: Is COV-19 affecting politics?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    It seems that this disease, that knows no bias or respect of boundaries, is becoming a political weapon. Shouldn't we come together on a common enemy with some sensible uncharged solutions?


    The biggest threat to Donald Trump's re-election in 2020 may be COVID-19.

    The spread of the novel coronavirus is shaping up as a test of Trump's core pitch to voters: that they are better off than they were when he took office. Sharp drops in the stock market, school and office closures, crashing oil prices and widespread disruptions to other major industries have some Trump supporters concerned that the virus is triggering a new financial crisis that could hurt Trump's bid for a second term more than any political test he's faced so far.

    'The economic ramifications of the coronavirus are increasingly likely to weigh heavily on Trump's re-election chances and quite possibly could cost him re-election,' says Republican donor Dan Eberhart.

    One recent historical precedent in particular troubles Trump's close allies. After the housing bubble precipitated an economic meltdown in 2008, voters turned from incumbent Republicans to opposition Democrats in that fall's election, voting Barack Obama into the White House and sending Democratic majorities to both the House and the Senate. The parallels to 2008 'are especially frightening from my vantage point right now,' Eberhart says.

    How Coronavirus Could Affect Donald Trump's Re-Election | Time
    If we can't come together regardless of political party or ideology to fight this thing, this is a prime example why this nation is doomed. When political parties become much more important than America as a whole, forget it, it's over for this nation.

    I disagree that this corona virus is the biggest threat to Trump's reelection even if the democrats politicize it. The biggest threat to Trump's reelection is Trump himself. By that I mean his obnoxious, uncouth, bullying persona along with his very unpresidential behavior. At least at the moment, sure corona virus hangs over his head, but chances are it will be under control by November. Trump's schoolyard bullying tactics and his name calling like a four year old child whose parents failed to teach him any manners will continue regardless.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  6. #16
    Big Scary Liberal
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Akron
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    36,327

    Re: Is COV-19 affecting politics?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    It seems that this disease, that knows no bias or respect of boundaries, is becoming a political weapon. Shouldn't we come together on a common enemy with some sensible uncharged solutions?


    The biggest threat to Donald Trump's re-election in 2020 may be COVID-19.

    The spread of the novel coronavirus is shaping up as a test of Trump's core pitch to voters: that they are better off than they were when he took office. Sharp drops in the stock market, school and office closures, crashing oil prices and widespread disruptions to other major industries have some Trump supporters concerned that the virus is triggering a new financial crisis that could hurt Trump's bid for a second term more than any political test he's faced so far.

    'The economic ramifications of the coronavirus are increasingly likely to weigh heavily on Trump's re-election chances and quite possibly could cost him re-election,' says Republican donor Dan Eberhart.

    One recent historical precedent in particular troubles Trump's close allies. After the housing bubble precipitated an economic meltdown in 2008, voters turned from incumbent Republicans to opposition Democrats in that fall's election, voting Barack Obama into the White House and sending Democratic majorities to both the House and the Senate. The parallels to 2008 'are especially frightening from my vantage point right now,' Eberhart says.

    How Coronavirus Could Affect Donald Trump's Re-Election | Time
    That is a great question and one I have been searching to find out.

    Right now we have two entrenched camps in the US and its a real question of whether the deaths from this event will change minds or not.
    "This is America - and here, right matters."

    - Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, Director for European Affairs for the United States National Security Council

  7. #17
    Sage

    Rexedgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    24,412

    Re: Is COV-19 affecting politics?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    This will absolutely impact the election. How Trump handles this going forward will turn more against him if he fails. On the other side of this if Trump comes through and proves himself to be a great leader he will turn a lot of people into supporters.
    What’s the over/under?
    Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you are honest with them. Then you are an asshole. ” - George Carlin
    ”I know, everybody funny, now you funny too.” -George Thorogood

  8. #18
    ★★Light✣Bearer★★
    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    21,450
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Is COV-19 affecting politics?

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckiechan View Post
    It is, but not for the most publicized reasons.
    First of all, who knew that 90% of our drugs, particularly generics now are exclusively made in China?
    When Trump was beating the table about our unholy reliance on a Chinese dictatorship for many critical supplies, too many thought he was mostly talking about cheap Chinese do dads from at Walmart?

    Obviously, Trump should have demanded an immediate return to drug manufacturing in the USA. Everyone was screaming about it...yeah, right. It’s was more fun to waste time trying to gut Trumps presidency.

    We deserve it. We are being punk slapped for letting big business wander off shore and put us all at risk. If there is any constant in America, is capitalism creates poor planners. Bush and Obama both bear most of the blame, and our elected officials in the aggregate bear the rest, and it’s our fault for not demanding they quit fighting and get back to work.

    For good news look for a baby boom!
    Capitalism and global trade is a two-edged sword that brought inexpensive goods to the US and wealth to emerging economies. But the greed of large corporations and their gov supporters made for terrible planners. They think in fiscal quarters and say, we'll deal with that contingency when it presents itself. The problem with such interconnectivity is the butterfly effect, what hurts one, hurts all. This is also what the parties fail to see that wishing for Trump to crash and burn is going to ultimately hurt the whole country and that's neither conservative or liberal, it's unpatriotic.
    "Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living the results of other people's thinking."

  9. #19
    ★★Light✣Bearer★★
    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    21,450
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Is COV-19 affecting politics?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    That is a great question and one I have been searching to find out.

    Right now we have two entrenched camps in the US and its a real question of whether the deaths from this event will change minds or not.
    I think the economic impact will be a bigger decider, unless the death toll becomes far greater than anticipated.
    "Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living the results of other people's thinking."

  10. #20
    Big Scary Liberal
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Akron
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    36,327

    Re: Is COV-19 affecting politics?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    I think the economic impact will be a bigger decider, unless the death toll becomes far greater than anticipated.
    If the hospitals are overwhelmed and people start dying due to a lack of treatment for other things ...

    expect riots
    "This is America - and here, right matters."

    - Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, Director for European Affairs for the United States National Security Council

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •