Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: Coronavirus, Trump To Declare Extreme Emergency

  1. #41
    Every job is essential
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    21,346

    Re: Coronavirus, Trump To Declare Extreme Emergency

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Re the ship in Japan, has anyone considered the possibility that the ship is poorly designed, that this ship is allowing the bug to spread because it was poorly designed, and that the right thing to do is to get everyone off of that death trap RIGHT NOW!

    Apparently Not!
    I think it's more a matter of the tight, enclosed quarters the crew live and work in. The ship is designed to function in chemical, biological, and nuclear environments.
    Those who are willing to surrender their freedom for security have always demanded
    …it should also be taken from those not prepared to do so.- F.A. Hayek

  2. #42
    Generally Inadvisable

    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,883
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Coronavirus, Trump To Declare Extreme Emergency

    Quote Originally Posted by Oozlefinch View Post
    You apparently do not know who I was talking about at all, or what a "germaphobe" actually is.

    Howard Hughes was a well known one. Only ate chocolate bars, chicken, and oatmeal because he believed they could not be infected. The same with milk. Nobody could be around him without full protective gear, and he spent his last years mostly watching "Ice Station Zebra" over and over again. He spent most of his time naked, because he believed that clothing caused diseases.

    Germaphobes do not behave as he does in public. I have known some who were, they will not even shake your hand, some will not even eat with somebody else. And a single cough sends them fleeing. But thank you for making my point, I will not even bother to quote from GoT.
    One thing...Trump's been closing off access more and more as time goes by, not just during this pandemic, but in general.
    The tales told, almost to a one, by the way, about his increasingly erratic and irrational behavior are not a rarity, but commonplace.
    And even so, we probably still do not know the depths of this man's depravity any more than a tiny circle knew about the depravity of other famous despots.

    Trump may not be "germophobic" in the classical or extreme sense of the word but his "iccky" reflex is strong, and instead mostly centered around suffering. He is allergic to any unfortunate circumstance that would arouse compassion in normal human beings.

    One famous story, one of many, is about a gentleman who seriously injured his head at a night club in front of Trump.
    Trump's actions and remarks as this was going on shocked a lot of people in the room.
    I will try to dig up a link to the story, but there's many more than just one incident like this.

    "That boy don't act right"

    Are you better off than you were four years ago?
    (I'll give you a minute to take off your mask so you can answer.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Jr View Post
    I'm willing to let you die and keep all my liberties, tho. We are not a team.

  3. #43
    Post Political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    15,551

    Re: Coronavirus, Trump To Declare Extreme Emergency

    Quote Originally Posted by Oozlefinch View Post
    You apparently do not know who I was talking about at all, or what a "germaphobe" actually is.

    Howard Hughes was a well known one. Only ate chocolate bars, chicken, and oatmeal because he believed they could not be infected. The same with milk. Nobody could be around him without full protective gear, and he spent his last years mostly watching "Ice Station Zebra" over and over again. He spent most of his time naked, because he believed that clothing caused diseases.

    Germaphobes do not behave as he does in public. I have known some who were, they will not even shake your hand, some will not even eat with somebody else. And a single cough sends them fleeing. But thank you for making my point, I will not even bother to quote from GoT.
    Mentioning Howard Hughes would have sufficed. And do not be obtuse of course we all know what a germaphobe is.

    The problem was that you were extremely vague with no actual context.
    "There is nothing I dread So much, as a Division of the Republick into two great Parties, each arranged under its Leader, and concerting Measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble Apprehension is to be dreaded as the greatest political Evil, under our Constitution." - John Adams

  4. #44
    Sage
    Oozlefinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,423

    Re: Coronavirus, Trump To Declare Extreme Emergency

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Mentioning Howard Hughes would have sufficed. And do not be obtuse of course we all know what a germaphobe is.

    The problem was that you were extremely vague with no actual context.
    Not really, the facts of his death are rather well known. As well as what he looks like, he was one of the most famous and photographed individuals of the 20th century. And many movies have been made based on his like. Hell, even a series of video games features a character based on him.
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. - John Stuart Mill

  5. #45
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,657

    Re: Coronavirus, Trump To Declare Extreme Emergency

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    So, given the rash of orders to shelter in place (13 states and counting), this thread is not so far-fetched after all. This is especially true after this weekend's suggestion by POTUS to drape a wall around 35 million people in the Northeastern states. In fact, this thread is so freaking accurate, I suggest we more it out of the CT forum and begin discussing this possibility for real.
    Ummm yes it is far fetched, no he won't, much more likely to declare 'victory' as a successful 'wartime' president and then take a 'victory' lap through the fly over states at month's end...

  6. #46
    Post Political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    15,551

    Re: Coronavirus, Trump To Declare Extreme Emergency

    Quote Originally Posted by Oozlefinch View Post
    Not really, the facts of his death are rather well known. As well as what he looks like, he was one of the most famous and photographed individuals of the 20th century. And many movies have been made based on his like. Hell, even a series of video games features a character based on him.
    Welp none the less its been a longtime since I even thought about Howard Hughes, so to me it was just some old photo of some guy. After you pointed it out it was obvious, but I suppose to you it was important.
    Do you want browny points or some ****?

    So what was your point of bringing up Howard Hughes?
    "There is nothing I dread So much, as a Division of the Republick into two great Parties, each arranged under its Leader, and concerting Measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble Apprehension is to be dreaded as the greatest political Evil, under our Constitution." - John Adams

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •