Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 63

Thread: Congressional Conspiracy

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,314

    Re: Congressional Conspiracy

    Quote Originally Posted by JD1965 View Post
    The Constitution provides two modes for proposing amendments, and one way to amend.

    1) Congress, or if the states apply in sufficient number, it "shall call" the 2) Article V Convention.

    The link shows that as a matter of public record the states have legally satisfied the clause, and we're in the midsts of a congressional conspiracy to deny the states and the people the right to formally discuss the politicians in Congress.
    Not sure how you reached that conclusion from the right to amend our Constitution.

  2. #22
    Student JD1965's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    289

    Re: Congressional Conspiracy

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    Not sure how you reached that conclusion from the right to amend our Constitution.
    The critical distinction is that there are two ways to propose an amendment, but only one way to ratify it.

    The states have legally satisfied the convention clause of Article V and everyone in Congress pretends the mandate doesn't exist. That's the conspiracy--to deny the American people of the several states to their right to formally discuss and propose things that politicians never will.

  3. #23
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,046

    Re: Congressional Conspiracy

    Quote Originally Posted by JD1965 View Post
    So a convention is convened and all these liars you presume will be there are assembled. What next? What could "liars" propose that roughly 7 out of 10 Americans would say Yes to?

    There is nothing to high-jack at a non-binding deliberative assembly. You either got a good idea for amendment or you don't. Regardless, it still has to be put before the people.

    You want it to be true that a convention could be hijacked because then you don't have to fight for it. As mentioned, you are part of the problem and endanger everything won with the American Revolution. Not because I say so, but because fact and law say so.
    Did you ever find some evidence of previous CC held here? Or would you like to walk that claim back?

  4. #24
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,314

    Re: Congressional Conspiracy

    Quote Originally Posted by JD1965 View Post
    The critical distinction is that there are two ways to propose an amendment, but only one way to ratify it.

    The states have legally satisfied the convention clause of Article V and everyone in Congress pretends the mandate doesn't exist. That's the conspiracy--to deny the American people of the several states to their right to formally discuss and propose things that politicians never will.
    Any specific example?

  5. #25
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    68,614

    Re: Congressional Conspiracy

    Quote Originally Posted by JD1965 View Post
    Not me, but fact and law. But you run go believe what you want.
    Which law? Link it for me.
    So nobody forgets, you're welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashmont
    Remember Mashmont's predictions, people. Only 10,400 deaths, max. Only 130,000 COVID cases, max. This wouldn't make a garden variety flu season. Can you say hoax?

  6. #26
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    68,614

    Re: Congressional Conspiracy

    Quote Originally Posted by JD1965 View Post
    The critical distinction is that there are two ways to propose an amendment, but only one way to ratify it.

    The states have legally satisfied the convention clause of Article V and everyone in Congress pretends the mandate doesn't exist. That's the conspiracy--to deny the American people of the several states to their right to formally discuss and propose things that politicians never will.
    Congress has concluded that there are not a sufficient number of active petitions. Not one of the states whose petition has been dismissed due to the conditions already being satisfied has ever objected.
    So nobody forgets, you're welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashmont
    Remember Mashmont's predictions, people. Only 10,400 deaths, max. Only 130,000 COVID cases, max. This wouldn't make a garden variety flu season. Can you say hoax?

  7. #27
    Student JD1965's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    289

    Re: Congressional Conspiracy

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    Any specific example?
    How many amendments have been formally sent to the states for ratification over the past twenty years?

    Is that example enough?

  8. #28
    Student JD1965's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    289

    Re: Congressional Conspiracy

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Congress has concluded that there are not a sufficient number of active petitions. Not one of the states whose petition has been dismissed due to the conditions already being satisfied has ever objected.

    They don't petition, they cast applications. A petition and an application have two different legal meanings. The letter and spirit of the law (the single sentence which makes of the fifth article) is written to deny Congress the ability to debate validity. Why? Because if they're allowed to debate something they're obligated to do, it will never happen.

    Congress has never discussed or addressed existing applications, meaning none have ever been dismissed. Meaning there is a congressional conspiracy to deny the people the Article V Convention as plainly described in the Constitution.

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,314

    Re: Congressional Conspiracy

    Quote Originally Posted by JD1965 View Post
    How many amendments have been formally sent to the states for ratification over the past twenty years?

    Is that example enough?
    It would be if our Constitution were more ambiguous than it is.

  10. #30
    Student JD1965's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    289

    Re: Congressional Conspiracy

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    It would be if our Constitution were more ambiguous than it is.
    The OP was clear. The link shows a state declaring to Congress that the states have legally satisfied the clause and that it's time to carry out its constitutional obligation and issue the call. They haven't and they don't talk about it, that's the conspiracy.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •