Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 66

Thread: The Navy Says Those UFO Videos Are Real

  1. #31
    Professor
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:30 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,275

    Re: The Navy Says Those UFO Videos Are Real

    I don't get what's so remarkable about these videos. They could be anything.

  2. #32
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Seen
    10-17-19 @ 09:08 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    32

    Re: The Navy Says Those UFO Videos Are Real

    Quote Originally Posted by Tlrmln View Post
    I don't get what's so remarkable about these videos. They could be anything.
    According to the Navy, they don't know what they are. The Navy can't explain them or their flight characteristics. There are no known aircraft that fly like this.

  3. #33
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,373

    Re: The Navy Says Those UFO Videos Are Real

    Quote Originally Posted by gino View Post
    According to the Navy, they don't know what they are. The Navy can't explain them or their flight characteristics. There are no known aircraft that fly like this.
    hence, "unidentified.

    Interesting discussion
    2004 USS Nimitz Tic Tac UFO FLIR footage (FLIR1) | Metabunk
    "
    If we have data, let's look at the data. if all we have is opinions let's go with mine
    -barksdale
    "

  4. #34
    Professor
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:30 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,275

    Re: The Navy Says Those UFO Videos Are Real

    Quote Originally Posted by gino View Post
    According to the Navy, they don't know what they are. The Navy can't explain them or their flight characteristics. There are no known aircraft that fly like this.
    Fly like what? That's my question. Based on watching the videos, how can you draw any conclusions about how they are flying?

  5. #35
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    25,565

    Re: The Navy Says Those UFO Videos Are Real

    Quote Originally Posted by HonestJoe View Post
    Youve still not established what Im meant to be denying though. Youve made generic comments about aliens but youve not described any kind of meaningful hypothesis to explain any and/or all UFO sightings (and all of the related abduction claims, claims about DNA etc.). Saying Its aliens! is no more an answer than Its the government!, Its Russia! or Its natural! would be.

    I am not denying the possibility of some kind of intelligent alien species being the explanation for at least some of these events. I am denying that there is any justification to presume that is a definitive explanation or even any kind of most likely one. Again, even if that were accepted, it only serves to raise as many questions as it would answer. Id also suggest that focusing on any one possibility is more of a denial of all the others. You have your preferred conclusion, Im still open to all the possibilities.
    You deny the high probability, the "all things considered" angle, that aliens have visited this planet many times in the past and are still visiting it today.

    May I ask what you think it was that was recorded on the Navy scopes?

  6. #36
    Guru
    HonestJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,489

    Re: The Navy Says Those UFO Videos Are Real

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoreau72 View Post
    You deny the high probability, the "all things considered" angle, that aliens have visited this planet many times in the past and are still visiting it today.
    I disagree with you that there is a "high probability" because you've presented literally nothing to back up any probability, let alone a high one. For example, when you claimed the HGP concluded that we have extra-terrestrial DNA, it turned out you just have vague memories of other people talking about the idea at some point. If you believe that kind of thing can support an assertion of "high probability", I'm sorry but I'm not sure there is any helping you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoreau72 View Post
    May I ask what you think it was that was recorded on the Navy scopes?
    Indistinct grey blobs moving around. I've no idea what might have caused them but I see no need to jump to any particular conclusion. I'd be nice to know but I can cope with the fact that we don't, though I recognise that ignorance is a naturally frightening prospect to human beings (and probably any other intelligence species that might be out there ).

  7. #37
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    25,565

    Re: The Navy Says Those UFO Videos Are Real

    Quote Originally Posted by HonestJoe View Post
    I disagree with you that there is a "high probability" because you've presented literally nothing to back up any probability, let alone a high one. For example, when you claimed the HGP concluded that we have extra-terrestrial DNA, it turned out you just have vague memories of other people talking about the idea at some point. If you believe that kind of thing can support an assertion of "high probability", I'm sorry but I'm not sure there is any helping you.

    Indistinct grey blobs moving around. I've no idea what might have caused them but I see no need to jump to any particular conclusion. I'd be nice to know but I can cope with the fact that we don't, though I recognise that ignorance is a naturally frightening prospect to human beings (and probably any other intelligence species that might be out there ).
    The reason the HGP hypothesis was so fascinating to me was that I had been a pre-med student in 1965, and even then we discussed DNA, in particular "junk DNA". The ratio was 93% and 7%, but I cannot remember whether the junk DNA was the former or the latter. In 1965 they had been able to see that the bulk of the DNA had the same pattern, whereas the junk DNA had a completely different pattern than the other, hence the term.

    So, when HGP offered their hypothesis about junk DNA, it made perfect sense.

    Do you think those indistinct grey blobs were bound by the laws of aerodynamics? Were they bound by the laws of physics as we know them?

  8. #38
    Guru
    HonestJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,489

    Re: The Navy Says Those UFO Videos Are Real

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoreau72 View Post
    The reason the HGP hypothesis was so fascinating to me was that I had been a pre-med student in 1965, and even then we discussed DNA, in particular "junk DNA". The ratio was 93% and 7%, but I cannot remember whether the junk DNA was the former or the latter. In 1965 they had been able to see that the bulk of the DNA had the same pattern, whereas the junk DNA had a completely different pattern than the other, hence the term.
    You're still relying on your partial memories to make definitive statements though. What you describe is a complete misunderstanding (or possibly misrepresentation you've been given) of what so-called "junk DNA" actually is and probably of what the HGP actually reported at the time you're describing. Regardless, all of that information will be available in the public domain, with plenty of explanations for the layman, so you have no good reason to rely on your memory.

    The bottom line is that nothing here even comes close to evidence even hinting at a specifically "extra-terrestrial" origin for any element of human or any other species' DNA; Non-coding DNA - Wikipedia

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoreau72 View Post
    Do you think those indistinct grey blobs were bound by the laws of aerodynamics? Were they bound by the laws of physics as we know them?
    I still don't know. I see no reason to assume they're not. Given that we've literally no idea of any of the key information, such as scale, mass or propulsion, I don't see how we could reach any conclusion. Remember there is a massive leap between appear to move in a way no know aircraft is capable of and not being bound by the laws of physics. And, of course, none of that would get us any closer to a specific hypothesis of extra-terrestrial aliens anyway. Speculation makes for poor foundations.

  9. #39
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    25,565

    Re: The Navy Says Those UFO Videos Are Real

    Quote Originally Posted by HonestJoe View Post
    You're still relying on your partial memories to make definitive statements though. What you describe is a complete misunderstanding (or possibly misrepresentation you've been given) of what so-called "junk DNA" actually is and probably of what the HGP actually reported at the time you're describing. Regardless, all of that information will be available in the public domain, with plenty of explanations for the layman, so you have no good reason to rely on your memory.

    The bottom line is that nothing here even comes close to evidence even hinting at a specifically "extra-terrestrial" origin for any element of human or any other species' DNA; Non-coding DNA - Wikipedia

    I still don't know. I see no reason to assume they're not. Given that we've literally no idea of any of the key information, such as scale, mass or propulsion, I don't see how we could reach any conclusion. Remember there is a massive leap between appear to move in a way no know aircraft is capable of and not being bound by the laws of physics. And, of course, none of that would get us any closer to a specific hypothesis of extra-terrestrial aliens anyway. Speculation makes for poor foundations.
    I consider life to be a learning experience in large part.

    What I learned in 1965 was interesting, what I learned from HGP in 2004 was even more interesting and complementary, and what I've learned since then even more interesting.

    If you think the craft observed by the Navy pilots were bound by the laws of aerodynamics, then you are woefully misinformed about the laws of aerodynamics and propulsion.

  10. #40
    Guru
    HonestJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,489

    Re: The Navy Says Those UFO Videos Are Real

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoreau72 View Post
    I consider life to be a learning experience in large part.
    How can you learn anything if you've already decided what the answers are? Learning starts with admitting that you don't know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoreau72 View Post
    What I learned in 1965 was interesting, what I learned from HGP in 2004 was even more interesting and complementary, and what I've learned since then even more interesting.
    You don't seem to clearly remember what you learned from the HGP though, so your recollections from 1965 are open to question too. Nothing you've said has given me any confidence that you have evidence supporting any kind of specific "extra-terrestrial" factor in anything we've discussed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoreau72 View Post
    If you think the craft observed by the Navy pilots were bound by the laws of aerodynamics, then you are woefully misinformed about the laws of aerodynamics and propulsion.
    I said I dont know but have no reason to assume they're not. If there is specific evidence to support a hypothesis that those videos depict physical craft breaking particular laws of aerodynamics that would be different, but nothing like that has been presented yet.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •