Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 66

Thread: The Navy Says Those UFO Videos Are Real

  1. #11
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    25,578

    Re: The Navy Says Those UFO Videos Are Real

    Quote Originally Posted by HonestJoe View Post
    Nobody is denying anything, just establishing that nothing has been proven either way. The presumption of any specific answer, especially applied in general, is no better than the dismissal of one out of hand.
    I understand your point, and healthy skepticism applies to all analysis, but at some point one must consider the historical record, and in this case one must recognize that the odds of our being the only living creatures in the universe are extremely low.

    Given the conclusions of the Human Genome Project back in about 2004, there are high odds that we all contain what HGP called "extraterrestrial DNA", at some point an open-minded person must conclude that indeed, beings from other planets have been visiting this planet for as long as records go back.

    IMO it is theoretically possible that the craft observed by the Navy aircraft were craft built in Area 51, but I think that is a long shot.

  2. #12
    Guru
    HonestJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,493

    Re: The Navy Says Those UFO Videos Are Real

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoreau72 View Post
    I understand your point, and healthy skepticism applies to all analysis, but at some point one must consider the historical record, and in this case one must recognize that the odds of our being the only living creatures in the universe are extremely low.
    Sure, but there is an insurmountable logical chasm between the rational assessment that other forms of life are likely to have evolved on other planets, somewhere and at some time and the presumption that highly intelligent life exists currently and has the technological capability and desire to visit our planet (apparently for the sole purpose of briefly buzzing the occasional aircraft ).

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoreau72 View Post
    Given the conclusions of the Human Genome Project back in about 2004, there are high odds that we all contain what HGP called "extraterrestrial DNA"
    Please provide a primary source for an official statement from the Human Genome Project team using the phrase “extra-terrestrial DNA”. There are highly speculative ideas based on gaps in our knowledge and understanding of DNA and how it developed, but yet again, it is a massive logical leap to go form that to definitively asserting the intervention of some kind of intelligent alien species.

    There is no reason that “different” has to be “extra-terrestrial”. Throughout human history, we’ve encountered all sorts of things that appeared “alien” to our understanding at the time but subsequently turned out to be perfectly explainable within the context of this planet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoreau72 View Post
    at some point an open-minded person must conclude that indeed, beings from other planets have been visiting this planet for as long as records go back.
    There is nothing open minded in presuming such a specific conclusion on the basis so little paper-thin evidence. I don’t see it being anything more than one of countless different possibilities, and one which would raise as many questions as it answers.

  3. #13
    Back
    tecoyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-07-19 @ 03:43 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,771

    Re: The Navy Says Those UFO Videos Are Real

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I think that is often a misconception, believing "aliens" are somehow superior just because they possess a different technology.
    It is not very intelligent to drive around at night with your lights on if you do not want to be seen.
    Illusionary

  4. #14
    Guru
    lwf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    PNW
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,234

    Re: The Navy Says Those UFO Videos Are Real

    No one is talking about the real story here:

    Tom DeLonge from Blink-182 leaked UFO videos, the Navy confirms

    I came the closest I've ever come to actually spitting out my coffee when I read this.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:37 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,640

    Re: The Navy Says Those UFO Videos Are Real

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I think that is often a misconception, believing "aliens" are somehow superior just because they possess a different technology.
    If they have the technology to be able to get to earth from where ever they came from, they would have superior technology, most likely a vastly superior understanding of science then we do.
    Ignorance is Bliss, You seem very happy today

    Free Scotland

  6. #16
    Believer
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    29,078

    Re: The Navy Says Those UFO Videos Are Real

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    It is not very intelligent to drive around at night with your lights on if you do not want to be seen.
    They could be trying to communicate or just screwing with us.
    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world." - Antonin Scalia

  7. #17
    Believer
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    29,078

    Re: The Navy Says Those UFO Videos Are Real

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    If they have the technology to be able to get to earth from where ever they came from, they would have superior technology, most likely a vastly superior understanding of science then we do.
    I was think more of intelligence, least as we see it. Maybe we do possess their technology and they want it back??
    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world." - Antonin Scalia

  8. #18
    Professor
    Sabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,866

    Re: The Navy Says Those UFO Videos Are Real

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    If they have the technology to be able to get to earth from where ever they came from, they would have superior technology, most likely a vastly superior understanding of science then we do.
    I agree that it would be a vastly superior science than ours. The closest star system to us is Alpha Centauri at 4.37 light-years away but no planetary system has been found there, yet. The closet solar system to us is around the star Epsilon Eridani, that system is 10.5 light years away. If they can travel those distances they clearly would be superior, the last men sent to our moon was 47 years ago and we have not been able to return in all that time to our closest neighbor at only 225,622 to 252,088 miles away.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:37 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,640

    Re: The Navy Says Those UFO Videos Are Real

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
    I agree that it would be a vastly superior science than ours. The closest star system to us is Alpha Centauri at 4.37 light-years away but no planetary system has been found there, yet. The closet solar system to us is around the star Epsilon Eridani, that system is 10.5 light years away. If they can travel those distances they clearly would be superior, the last men sent to our moon was 47 years ago and we have not been able to return in all that time to our closest neighbor at only 225,622 to 252,088 miles away.
    If aliens have visited earth, I will hazard a guess that they were not militarily aggressive seeking galaxy domination with a goal of enslaving us, or using us for food. I doubt we would have the technology to defeat them in a war if they choose to colonize or enslave humanity. Or the earth is in-hospital to them ensuring they do not want to colonize earth
    Ignorance is Bliss, You seem very happy today

    Free Scotland

  10. #20
    Sage
    zyzygy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Flanders.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    36,476

    Re: The Navy Says Those UFO Videos Are Real

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    They could be trying to communicate or just screwing with us.
    Aliens have teenagers too. They love to scare rednecks on lonely roads at night.
    Originally Posted by Mashmont
    "Because the right isn't hate-filled."

    "the perfect nature of the Catholic Church"-Mashmont

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •