Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: The drug craze

  1. #11
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    917

    Re: The drug craze

    Quote Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
    The use of all kinds of prescription drugs is increasingly accepted and advocated in our society. I believe this is partly because of the powerful influence of the pharmaceutical companies. However, it is also because of a growing faith in medical science.

    Why is faith in medical science growing, when there have been no real advances in treating autoimmune disorders, mental illness, allergies, or most types of cancer?

    I really don't know why.

    In this thread I want to mention the increased use of psychiatric drugs in young children. The long term effects are not known, not even in adults. Certainly not when the drugs are started at such a young age.

    Most people probably don't know this, but all or most prescription drugs are not really understood. The people who make them and study them don't know exactly how they work. And even if they do know a little about how they work, they do not know the unintended effects.

    Biological systems are extremely complicated, much more so than was thought in the past. Even the systems within a single cell are far too complex for scientists to understand. Yes, knowledge keeps increasing. But it remains a drop in the ocean of what is still not known.

    If your child has ADHD, drugs will probably be recommended. Instead of trying to figure out the cause of an individual child's ADHD, which is extremely difficult or impossible. Much easier to give them drugs.


    This is not really a conspiracy. The people who promote drugs probably believe in them. And they have convinced the public. Not all of us, but probably the great majority.
    Drugging people makes them easier to control. If you can get people hooked as kids, even better (of course, some victims of prescription psychotropics will have the opposite reaction and go berserk, but as long as they don't shoot anyone important, it really doesn't matter).

    It's probably true that most of the people involved think they're doing good. Evildoers are most effective when they believe their own BS.

  2. #12
    Professor Good4Nothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Seen
    06-11-19 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,683

    Re: The drug craze

    Quote Originally Posted by AmNat View Post
    Drugging people makes them easier to control. If you can get people hooked as kids, even better (of course, some victims of prescription psychotropics will have the opposite reaction and go berserk, but as long as they don't shoot anyone important, it really doesn't matter).

    It's probably true that most of the people involved think they're doing good. Evildoers are most effective when they believe their own BS.
    They believe their lies, they have good intentions. And they're making tons of money.

    We are being dominated by so-called experts. People who have no respect for the complexity of natural systems. Sure, bad things happen in nature. But they aren't simple to fix.

    Understanding and treatment of mental illness has not progressed. Pills can dull symptoms, but long term effects are not known.

    This thread is not about cancer, but -- some forms of cancer can be cured. But we don't know the real cure rates. And cancer is not understood yet, might never be. Most cannot be cured, especially if it's advanced.

  3. #13
    Professor Good4Nothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Seen
    06-11-19 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,683

    Re: The drug craze

    Quote Originally Posted by NWO_Spook View Post
    When they talk about advances in cancer treatment, they usually are talking about short term increases in survival. Almost never about actually restoring health.

  4. #14
    Deep State CEO
    NWO_Spook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NWOHQ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,919

    Re: The drug craze

    Quote Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
    When they talk about advances in cancer treatment, they usually are talking about short term increases in survival. Almost never about actually restoring health.
    You claimed there have 'been no real advances in treating autoimmune disorders, mental illness, allergies, or most types of cancer.' There have in the case of cancer and I demonstrated thus.

  5. #15
    Professor Good4Nothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Seen
    06-11-19 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,683

    Re: The drug craze

    Quote Originally Posted by NWO_Spook View Post
    You claimed there have 'been no real advances in treating autoimmune disorders, mental illness, allergies, or most types of cancer.' There have in the case of cancer and I demonstrated thus.
    No real advances. No real understanding of these diseases.

  6. #16
    Professor Good4Nothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Seen
    06-11-19 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,683

    Re: The drug craze

    But this thread is about mental illness and the drugs that are increasingly being used to treat it. Which is especially alarming when they are given to children.

  7. #17
    Deep State CEO
    NWO_Spook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NWOHQ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,919

    Re: The drug craze

    Quote Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
    No real advances. No real understanding of these diseases.
    So you assert without evidence. I disagree with supporting evidence, and I'm beginning to believe you'll dismiss anything I provide while you have nothing but biased assertion. Is there any point in further discussion?

    You are presenting yourself as just another 'Big Pharma' conspiracy theorist.

  8. #18
    Sage
    zyzygy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Flanders.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,475

    Re: The drug craze

    Quote Originally Posted by NWO_Spook View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that.
    Thanks. I consider myself to be lucky. Thanks to modern medicine I'm almost out of the woods.
    I have sex daily, sorry dyslexia.

  9. #19
    Sage
    zyzygy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Flanders.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,475

    Re: The drug craze

    Quote Originally Posted by NWO_Spook View Post
    So you assert without evidence. I disagree with supporting evidence, and I'm beginning to believe you'll dismiss anything I provide while you have nothing but biased assertion. Is there any point in further discussion?

    You are presenting yourself as just another 'Big Pharma' conspiracy theorist.
    He's just another CT sheeple.
    I have sex daily, sorry dyslexia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •