Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 121 to 129 of 129

Thread: WTC Core Details

  1. #121
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,910

    Re: WTC Core Details

    Good to see you back Gerry. Once again, you offer too much science, too many facts, too much clear-headed analysis. Some will likely be driven to drink because of that.

  2. #122
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: WTC Core Details

    Quote Originally Posted by gamolon View Post
    In your 1964 publication detail below, please tell me what type component is represented by the piece I circled in red. Is it:

    1. Round bar
    2. Angle ("L" shaped)
    3. Tee ("T" shaped)

    Attachment 67228827

    Your answer will tell all of us if you know what you're talking about or not. I know what it is. Do you?
    You don't even know what a blueprint is lad. And that is representing round bar, as has now been proven to you by me, by NIST, by Skilling and by Laclede steel.
    No wonder you ran.

  3. #123
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,510

    Re: WTC Core Details

    Quote Originally Posted by gerrycan View Post
    You don't even know what a blueprint is lad. And that is representing round bar, as has now been proven to you by me, by NIST, by Skilling and by Laclede steel.
    No wonder you ran.


    You have No clue whatsoever. I've worked for engineering groups and in construction. I've posted what I've been involved in on a few forums. You're lack of knowledge regarding drawings and blueprints is evident. You thinking that the 1964 truss drawing shows round bar instead of an angle is laughable. You have a lot to learn.


  4. #124
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: WTC Core Details

    Quote Originally Posted by gamolon View Post


    You have No clue whatsoever. I've worked for engineering groups and in construction. I've posted what I've been involved in on a few forums. You're lack of knowledge regarding drawings and blueprints is evident. You thinking that the 1964 truss drawing shows round bar instead of an angle is laughable. You have a lot to learn.

    State clearly what you think the material represents that you highlighted and asked me about - it is round bar. If you had worked in engineering to the extent that you claim you'd know that's what it was.
    You asked what it REPRESENTED - I said round bar, you said it wasn't. You based that on the fact that it didn't look round in the figure. That is inane, and not unexpected.

    Be clear. Are you supposing that the design for the open web trusses in the floor system was ever going to be manufactured from anything other than round bar ?

  5. #125
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,510

    Re: WTC Core Details

    Quote Originally Posted by gerrycan View Post
    State clearly what you think the material represents that you highlighted and asked me about - it is round bar. If you had worked in engineering to the extent that you claim you'd know that's what it was.
    You asked what it REPRESENTED - I said round bar, you said it wasn't. You based that on the fact that it didn't look round in the figure. That is inane, and not unexpected.

    Be clear. Are you supposing that the design for the open web trusses in the floor system was ever going to be manufactured from anything other than round bar ?
    Sorry, your drawing clearly shows an angle, not round bar. How about you get your buddy Tony in here and ask him what HE thinks the drawing shows. I bet you won't.

  6. #126
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: WTC Core Details

    Quote Originally Posted by gamolon View Post
    Sorry, your drawing clearly shows an angle, not round bar. How about you get your buddy Tony in here and ask him what HE thinks the drawing shows. I bet you won't.
    Are the long and short span trusses the same in NIST's ANSYS model for the N Tower ?

    I don't mind conceding anything you like about trusses beyond that for now. Just answer me that one thing.

  7. #127
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: WTC Core Details

    Thing is. I don't actually think it makes any material difference whether that piece is round flat or chocolate.

    What does make a difference is whether NIST's model is an accurate reflection of the building. And there is no denyng that the trusses are different on the long and short span sides. You would rather talk about someting that is of no consequence because to admit that opens a potential can of worms for their model. And you know it. And you do not have the honesty to answer a straight question about something that is staring you and everyone else that is following this thread straight in the face.

  8. #128
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,510

    Re: WTC Core Details

    Quote Originally Posted by gerrycan View Post
    Thing is. I don't actually think it makes any material difference whether that piece is round flat or chocolate.

    What does make a difference is whether NIST's model is an accurate reflection of the building. And there is no denyng that the trusses are different on the long and short span sides. You would rather talk about someting that is of no consequence because to admit that opens a potential can of worms for their model. And you know it. And you do not have the honesty to answer a straight question about something that is staring you and everyone else that is following this thread straight in the face.
    Sorry, but it makes a HUGE difference.

    End of story.

  9. #129
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: WTC Core Details

    We're done here Gamelon. It's circular now.


    -----------> this post




    -----------> Gamelon's head
    Last edited by gerrycan; Today at 01:06 PM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •