Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 68

Thread: Unbelievable religious thinking. Pedophillia.

  1. #1
    Sage
    Tim the plumber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sheffield
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    13,802

    Unbelievable religious thinking. Pedophillia.

    The judge also rejected Pell's defence argument that the crimes were committed by Pell the man, not the archbishop.
    Former ‘pope in waiting’ jailed for child sexual abuse - National Secular Society

    Just such impossible arrogance.

    After the verdict was announced, Pell's top-flight lawyer dismissed one of the charges as "no more than a plain vanilla sexual penetration case where the child is not actively participating".

  2. #2
    Ass in a Hat


    calamity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    109,682

    Re: Unbelievable religious thinking. Pedophillia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the plumber View Post
    God I hate religion.


    ...and lawyers
    "Donald Trump is Jesus to followers of Jesus who reject the actual teachings of Jesus."

    Found on twitter

  3. #3
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,005

    Re: Unbelievable religious thinking. Pedophillia.

    Typical of the church... blame everyone else but the one harming someone.
    "Democracy without respect for individual rights sucks. It's just ganging up against the weird kid, and I'm always the weird kid." - Penn Jillette.

  4. #4
    Little Miss Sunshine
    TheGoverness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    33,090

    Re: Unbelievable religious thinking. Pedophillia.

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    Typical of the church... blame everyone else but the one harming someone.
    Whoever his laywer is, is absolute scum.
    "Everyone makes mistakes. It's what makes us human."
    CLASS OF 2021
    PRIDE

  5. #5
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    04-19-19 @ 11:46 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35,825

    Re: Unbelievable religious thinking. Pedophillia.

    Unbelievable religious thinking.
    That sounds like an irrational emotional response.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #6
    Ass in a Hat


    calamity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    109,682

    Re: Unbelievable religious thinking. Pedophillia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That sounds like an irrational emotional response.
    Like your post?
    "Donald Trump is Jesus to followers of Jesus who reject the actual teachings of Jesus."

    Found on twitter

  7. #7
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    04-19-19 @ 11:46 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35,825

    Re: Unbelievable religious thinking. Pedophillia.

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Like your post?
    No, like your absurdity here.
    Nothing in the quote of what the lawyer said was religious thinking. If you think it was you have a severe problem with reality.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #8
    Ass in a Hat


    calamity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    109,682

    Re: Unbelievable religious thinking. Pedophillia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No, like your absurdity here.
    Nothing in the quote of what the lawyer said was religious thinking. If you think it was you have a severe problem with reality.
    Who was he excusing; who paid his bill; who did he represent?

    Is your argument stupid or intellectually dishonest? Do tell.
    "Donald Trump is Jesus to followers of Jesus who reject the actual teachings of Jesus."

    Found on twitter

  9. #9
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-19 @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,611

    Re: Unbelievable religious thinking. Pedophillia.

    Hey man, if people want to tithe to protect pedophiles and rapists, more power to them /s
    Men do what they have to when they want to, Great men do what they have to, even when they don't want to.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    04-19-19 @ 11:46 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35,825

    Re: Unbelievable religious thinking. Pedophillia.

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Who was he excusing; who paid his bill; who did he represent?

    Is your argument stupid or intellectually dishonest? Do tell.
    You are engaged in irrational stupidity.
    Apparently you you have no clue as to what religeous thinking is.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •