Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 231

Thread: Caught on camera, police explode in rage and violence across the US

  1. #51
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    21,476

    Re: Caught on camera, police explode in rage and violence across the US

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    ^^ This. I’m surprised he was even charged.
    The only reason why he was charged was the huge public uproar over what happened. Had this happened 15 years ago, before smartphones and thus it would not have been on video, those 4 police officers would have worked for the Minneapolis police until they retired.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  2. #52
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    29,211

    Re: Caught on camera, police explode in rage and violence across the US

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Legislatures overreaching by passing laws abridging natural rights isn't quite the same as one officer breaking protocol. And I don't mean to make light of what happened to George Floyd. I'm pretty pissed off about it too. There are processes in place to deal with that officer. Now I'm sure plenty of white people went out protesting in Minneapolis on Floyd's behalf. The officer got arrested, and then eventually charge. He should have been charged immediately. But if you're looking for militias to hit the streets because one officer got out of line, and I think you're expecting a bit much. Now look what happened, in spite of the lack of WHITE GUYS WITH GUNS.
    With the greatest respect, charges are made with the intent to successfully prosecute. Charges can be added as the investigation and evidence allows.

    Especially in a case like this one, over charging and suffering an acquittal due to lack of evidence for First Degree Murder, as an example, would be incendiary.
    We huh we'r we're it's it's a we're in the middle of a pandemic that has cost us more than 85,000 jobs as of today. Lives of billions of people. Millions of people. Millions of jobs. You know, we're in a position where, you know, we just got new unemployment insurance... -Joe Biden

  3. #53
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    21,476

    Re: Caught on camera, police explode in rage and violence across the US

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    How do you know they're not?
    I can tell you right now, here in KC, there isn't a one of them out here in any of the peaceful protests. Not a one.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  4. #54
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    29,211

    Re: Caught on camera, police explode in rage and violence across the US

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Did MLK rise from the dead and protest in Minneapolis last week?
    We huh we'r we're it's it's a we're in the middle of a pandemic that has cost us more than 85,000 jobs as of today. Lives of billions of people. Millions of people. Millions of jobs. You know, we're in a position where, you know, we just got new unemployment insurance... -Joe Biden

  5. #55
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    21,476

    Re: Caught on camera, police explode in rage and violence across the US

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Quite a lot of the protesters, rioters and looters are white people.

    Oh...wait. That's not what you want, is it? You want guns.
    Quit arguing a strawman.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  6. #56
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,022

    Re: Caught on camera, police explode in rage and violence across the US

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    I am saying that they are never anywhere to be found when there is real government oppression. Sure, they will take over a city hall when they can't get a haircut or go to a garden center during a pandemic, and they will take over a wildlife refuge when they don't like rules on grazing of public lands, but when the police kill an unarmed black man in broad daylight, in front of god and everyone, they are nowhere to be found.

    Why? Because they really don't care anything about freedom, other than for themselves. There is no greater government tyranny than the government killing unarmed Americans in front of everyone, but when they do, all these white guys that are supposed to be so concerned with freedom are no where to be found.
    Just because they're not looting T-Mobile alongside you and firebombing police cars doesn't mean they don't care, they just don't express it the same way.

  7. #57
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,411

    Re: Caught on camera, police explode in rage and violence across the US

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    I am against violence. I am saying we are seeing, on video, mass violence, and lawlessness by police against peaceful protesters - none of the people in those videos were rioting. They were all protesting peacefully, in some cases it was police violence against people that were not even protesting.

    Where the heck are you getting your videos from.

    Yet, the white guys with guns that love to protest against what they see as government tyranny when they can't get a haircut or go to a garden center during a pandemic, are nowhere to be found when the government is beating innocent people in the street and killing unarmed black men. Why is that? What greater government tyranny is there than a police officer killing an unarmed suspect in front of God and everyone? Yet you don't see these white guys that were taking over city halls because they were under a stay at home order out peacefully protesting with everyone else against government violence against its own citizens.

    It's because these white militia types don't actually give a **** about freedom. They just want what is good for them, and they don't give a damn about anyone else.
    State sanctioned tyranny is quite different from individual local law enforcement excesses. See the difference?

    IF EVERYTHING IS IMPORTANT THEN NOTHING IS

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    29,211

    Re: Caught on camera, police explode in rage and violence across the US

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    I saw a good comment somewhere that we should all note we have the money to equip all police officers like the military but still can't get quality healthcare access to everyone. After seeing all those shiny billy clubs, I have to agree.
    We DO have healthcare access for everyone.
    We huh we'r we're it's it's a we're in the middle of a pandemic that has cost us more than 85,000 jobs as of today. Lives of billions of people. Millions of people. Millions of jobs. You know, we're in a position where, you know, we just got new unemployment insurance... -Joe Biden

  9. #59
    Not Quite The Same
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tucson to Tucumcari, Tehachapi to Tonapah
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,474

    Re: Caught on camera, police explode in rage and violence across the US

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    I am against violence. I am saying we are seeing, on video, mass violence, and lawlessness by police against peaceful protesters - none of the people in those videos were rioting. They were all protesting peacefully, in some cases it was police violence against people that were not even protesting.

    Yet, the white guys with guns that love to protest against what they see as government tyranny when they can't get a haircut or go to a garden center during a pandemic, are nowhere to be found when the government is beating innocent people in the street and killing unarmed black men. Why is that? What greater government tyranny is there than a police officer killing an unarmed suspect in front of God and everyone? Yet you don't see these white guys that were taking over city halls because they were under a stay at home order out peacefully protesting with everyone else against government violence against its own citizens.

    It's because these white militia types don't actually give a **** about freedom. They just want what is good for them, and they don't give a damn about anyone else.
    This video is scary as hell. Make sure you notice the white girl at the beginning, hanging out of her car, laughing and waving. They tased that kid so much, he was convulsing.

    https://twitter.com/chimdesires/stat...775990787?s=21
    "Racism is not getting worse. It's getting filmed." - Will Smith.
    ~*~ A mask is not a political statement. It's an IQ test. ~*~
    Faith is not believing that God can - itís knowing that He will.

  10. #60
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    21,476

    Re: Caught on camera, police explode in rage and violence across the US

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Just because they're not looting T-Mobile alongside you and firebombing police cars doesn't mean they don't care, they just don't express it the same way.
    They are no where to be found. The vast, vast, vast majority of the protests are peaceful. Go to the ones here in KC. You would see a one of those assholes that protested against the lockdown for a pandemic, out protesting peacefully here.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •