Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 312

Thread: Joe Biden Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Senate Aide In 1993

  1. #181
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    63,291

    Re: Joe Biden Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Senate Aide In 1993

    Quote Originally Posted by hermit View Post
    My moral compass is hardly broken
    You argued that if someone from a different tribe committed an abuse, then someone from your tribe should get a pass on that abuse. Yes, if you are actually applying that rule, well, that is pretty much a broken moral compass, as you are valuing zero-sum tribalism over ethics.

    but sometimes you have to deal with reality. This is war and you have to fight fire with fire.
    :snorts: this is not war. I've been to war. This is a conversation (an argument, if you wish) within a polity nominally on what policy should look like, and really on whose team should get to be in charge.

    Furthermore, as someone who has fought in our wars, and fought against moral atrocities, I find that comparison insulting. We never sank to the level of the enemy. As American servicemembers, we upheld our moral code. We don't wipe out innocents simply because it's convenient or to Trollolloll the other side, or "because the other side does it".

    So, yes. If you think that "ISIS Commits Mass Rape And Genocide Therefore The U.S. Should Be Allowed To Get Away With Mass Rape And Genocide" is sound logic, then I would say your moral compass is most definitely broken.


    I am not looking the other way at the things Biden has been accused of. But I am resigned to the fact there is nothing I can do about it at this time. I choose to vote for the lesser of the two evils and Biden is by FAR the lesser of the two evils in this situation.
    That is an argument that requires you accept that Biden is an evil, instead of trying to excuse it, overlook it, accept it, or deflect from it.

  2. #182
    Student
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Seen
    06-05-20 @ 02:40 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    256

    Re: Joe Biden Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Senate Aide In 1993

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    25 women accuse trump of sexual assault
    You say this like we're supposed to believe women. It's a new day. We don't have to.

  3. #183
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    59,087

    Re: Joe Biden Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Senate Aide In 1993

    Quote Originally Posted by diz View Post
    You say this like we're supposed to believe women. It's a new day. We don't have to.
    Wow. Just.....wow

  4. #184
    Sage
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,709

    Re: Joe Biden Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Senate Aide In 1993

    Both parties have accused rapists as presumptive nominees. Remind yourself of this the next time you try to argue with me when I say there is no difference between the republicans and the democrats.

  5. #185
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    59,087

    Re: Joe Biden Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Senate Aide In 1993

    Quote Originally Posted by Drawdown View Post
    Both parties have accused rapists as presumptive nominees. Remind yourself of this the next time you try to argue with me when I say there is no difference between the republicans and the democrats.
    Trump has 25.


    25



    Holy cow

  6. #186
    Student
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Seen
    06-05-20 @ 02:40 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    256

    Re: Joe Biden Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Senate Aide In 1993

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Wow. Just.....wow
    Isn't that your position? We don't have to believe Tara Reade?

    I mean I know Biden said we're supposed to believe her, but I guess we can write that off to the fact he's a pandering moron who never actually held that principle.

    Or maybe doesn't remember he held it.

  7. #187
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    59,087

    Re: Joe Biden Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Senate Aide In 1993

    Quote Originally Posted by diz View Post
    Isn't that your position? We don't have to believe Tara Reade?

    I mean I know Biden said we're supposed to believe her, but I guess we can write that off to the fact he's a pandering moron who never actually held that principle.

    Or maybe doesn't remember he held it.
    25 women


    25


    That is pretty overwhelming evidence

  8. #188
    Student
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Seen
    06-05-20 @ 02:40 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    256

    Re: Joe Biden Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Senate Aide In 1993

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    25 women


    25


    That is pretty overwhelming evidence
    So what? This thread is about Biden.

    Are you intending to defend Biden or not?

    Your relentless blind apologetics and constantly bringing up irrelevancies makes it seem as if you you don't actually give a **** about these women.

    It makes it seem more like you're just an unprincipled partisan hack

    Now, do you actually give a crap about women like Tara Reade who make accusations? Do you think the appropriate reaction when an accuser comes forward is to drag through their social media and use anything, relevant or no, that they might have said in the past to discredit them?

    These are questions of principle, not quantity. Ted Bundy killed more people than George Zimmerman. Hitler killed more people than Ted Bundy. These are not absolutions of George Zimmerman and Ted Bundy.

    Biden said he had principles about women in Tara Reade's position. He said women in her position should be believed. Don't you think we should apply Biden's principles to Biden?

  9. #189
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    59,087

    Re: Joe Biden Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Senate Aide In 1993

    Quote Originally Posted by diz View Post
    So what? This thread is about Biden.

    Are you intending to defend Biden or not?

    Your relentless blind apologetics and constantly bringing up irrelevancies makes it seem as if you you don't actually give a **** about these women.

    It makes it seem more like you're just an unprincipled partisan hack

    Now, do you actually give a crap about women like Tara Reade who make accusations? Do you think the appropriate reaction when an accuser comes forward is to drag through their social media and use anything, relevant or no, that they might have said in the past to discredit them?

    These are questions of principle, not quantity. Ted Bundy killed more people than George Zimmerman. Hitler killed more people than Ted Bundy. These are not absolutions of George Zimmerman and Ted Bundy.

    Biden said he had principles about women in Tara Reade's position. He said women in her position should be believed. Don't you think we should apply Biden's principles to Biden?
    Does trump get a pass? If you apply a standard then apply it to both candidates....right?


    25 is a lot of women....right?

  10. #190
    Student
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Seen
    06-05-20 @ 02:40 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    256

    Re: Joe Biden Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Senate Aide In 1993

    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Does trump get a pass? If you apply a standard then apply it to both candidates....right?


    25 is a lot of women....right?
    Start a thread about Trump if you like. This thread is about Biden.

    Two different people. They can both be wrong.

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •