Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 390

Thread: [W:179]Trump, Who Slashed Taxes by $1.5 Trillion, Is Pushing Cuts to Food Stamps

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    8,120

    Re: Trump, Who Slashed Taxes by $1.5 Trillion, Is Pushing Cuts to Food Stamps

    Quote Originally Posted by uptower View Post
    Those tax cuts for the rich had to come out of somewhere.
    The rule change is that the work requirements would not be waived for able-bodied people with no dependents. Those requirements being that the recipient must do at least one of the following three things: work a minimum of 80 hours per month, enroll in education, or look for work. So if what you’re telling me is that there are 3.7 million able-bodied people in this country with no dependents - who are sitting on their duffs all day and can’t even be bothered to so much as fill out a job application every once in awhile - collecting SNAP benefits then I say good. Kick them out. They can get a job, go to a soup kitchen, or starve to death.

  2. #12
    Guru
    uptower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,870

    Re: Trump, Who Slashed Taxes by $1.5 Trillion, Is Pushing Cuts to Food Stamps

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Because only Black people use food stamps. Is that it uptower?

    Because calling out policies that disadvantage minorities is apparently racist for recognizing minorities are disadvantaged? Nice attempt at a derail but it's an old and very transparent 'trick'.
    “Our president will start a war with Iran because he has absolutely no ability to negotiate. He's weak and he's ineffective. So the only way he figures that he's going to get reelected, and as sure as you're sitting there, is to start a war with Iran.” - Donald J. Trump

  3. #13
    Doctor D
    Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Heflin, Alabama
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,464

    Re: Trump, Who Slashed Taxes by $1.5 Trillion, Is Pushing Cuts to Food Stamps

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Wow! You think black folks are the only ones on welfare?

    Ya know, it really doesn't take long for Leftists to show their racist side.
    It's the same kind of racism that I've had to deal with from the left and it's supporters for a while now. Though, It's honestly nothing new at this point.
    Why do they run?
    Because they have no choice son, such is the way of cowards.
    But even a cornered rat, with no choice, will fight.
    Yes my son, and that should tell you more than you need to know about the coward.

  4. #14
    Guru
    jdog21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    02-19-20 @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,167

    Re: Trump, Who Slashed Taxes by $1.5 Trillion, Is Pushing Cuts to Food Stamps

    Quote Originally Posted by uptower View Post
    Because calling out policies that disadvantage minorities is apparently racist for recognizing minorities are disadvantaged? Nice attempt at a derail but it's an old and very transparent 'trick'.
    Maybe its your using of the term minorities which insinuates there is a difference among people. Or your thought process to always thinking that the color of their skin must mean they aren't doing well in the US society.
    Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, liberal, fanatical, criminal.

  5. #15
    Guru
    uptower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,870

    Re: Trump, Who Slashed Taxes by $1.5 Trillion, Is Pushing Cuts to Food Stamps

    Quote Originally Posted by jdog21 View Post
    Maybe its your using of the term minorities which insinuates there is a difference among people. Or your thought process to always thinking that the color of their skin must mean they aren't doing well in the US society.
    Oh maybe I should be using code words like 'thugs' and 'the culture'?

    There is a difference when it comes to poverty: the govt links provided give ample evidence that minorities make up a disproportionate amount of the poor and will suffer disproportionately from cuts to programs that help alleviate poverty. Now are we discussing the issue here or trying to derail the thread with 'shoot the messenger' tactics?
    “Our president will start a war with Iran because he has absolutely no ability to negotiate. He's weak and he's ineffective. So the only way he figures that he's going to get reelected, and as sure as you're sitting there, is to start a war with Iran.” - Donald J. Trump

  6. #16
    Guru
    jdog21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    02-19-20 @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,167

    Re: Trump, Who Slashed Taxes by $1.5 Trillion, Is Pushing Cuts to Food Stamps

    Quote Originally Posted by uptower View Post
    Oh maybe I should be using code words like 'thugs' and 'the culture'?

    There is a difference when it comes to poverty: the govt links provided give ample evidence that minorities make up a disproportionate amount of the poor and will suffer disproportionately from cuts to programs that help alleviate poverty. Now are we discussing the issue here or trying to derail the thread with 'shoot the messenger' tactics?
    Even the governments use of the phrase is offensive and disrespectful. These are people and citizens they deserve to be treated as equals. You brought your opinions on race into the policy discussion not I sir.

    When ever the government tightens it belt and tries to reign in spending anybody who received money is going to "suffer". Who is really going to be affected? Looks like those who aren't willing and are able to find work for themselves or at least say they are trying by filling out an application once a week. How many people will it effect? Not very many. And our society will benefit as whole from it. How effected are those people gonna be, well if most of them fill out applications then they wont be effected at all, the ones that don't will see their amount of food supply lowered. But its not like they are going to starve. They still will have plenty food.
    Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, liberal, fanatical, criminal.

  7. #17
    Big Scary Liberal
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Akron
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,217

    Re: Trump, Who Slashed Taxes by $1.5 Trillion, Is Pushing Cuts to Food Stamps

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Wow! You think black folks are the only ones on welfare?

    Ya know, it really doesn't take long for Leftists to show their racist side.
    This is true, we have a lot of low information rural conservatives on welfare too.
    "This is America - and here, right matters."

    - Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, Director for European Affairs for the United States National Security Council

  8. #18
    Sage
    Aberration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,559

    Re: Trump, Who Slashed Taxes by $1.5 Trillion, Is Pushing Cuts to Food Stamps

    Quote Originally Posted by uptower View Post
    Trump, Who Slashed Taxes, Is Pushing Cuts to Food Stamps - Rolling Stone



    Is this what he mean when he asked African American voters, "What have you got to lose?"
    Wow. That’s pretty racist.
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

  9. #19
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,456

    Re: Trump, Who Slashed Taxes by $1.5 Trillion, Is Pushing Cuts to Food Stamps

    Quote Originally Posted by uptower View Post
    Because calling out policies that disadvantage minorities is apparently racist for recognizing minorities are disadvantaged? Nice attempt at a derail but it's an old and very transparent 'trick'.
    You haven't shown in any way that the policy disadvantages minorities - you just read the words "food stamps" and assumed Black people.

  10. #20
    Ass in a Hat


    calamity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    112,007

    Re: Trump, Who Slashed Taxes by $1.5 Trillion, Is Pushing Cuts to Food Stamps

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Rolling Stone, Who Wrongly Accused A Group of Young Men of Gang Rape, Is Now Pushing This Ridiculous Story
    You mean the president who demanded the execution of 5 innocent black men.
    "Donald Trump is Jesus to followers of Jesus who reject the actual teachings of Jesus."

    Found on twitter

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •