Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Peter Thiel says FBI, CIA should probe Google

  1. #1
    Sage
    chuckiechan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    California Caliphate
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,249

    Peter Thiel says FBI, CIA should probe Google

    Peter Thiel says FBI, CIA should probe Google - Axios

    Peter Thiel, billionaire investor and Facebook board member, on Sunday night said that Google should be federally investigated for allegedly aiding the Chinese military.

    Why it matters: Thiel is the tech industry's highest-profile Trump supporter, and one of the most powerful players in Silicon Valley.
    Although in the body of the piece, Theil is a bit out there, but where there is smoke there is fire.

    I want to believe a US company would never aid our enemies, even if it only goes against our ideals because China seeks to more efficiently control its population. I want to believe Google is a stalking horse in China for US interests.

    BUT
    Is Google looking toward being a part of Chinese domination of 5G, and see themselves being on the right side of progress on behalf of its shareholders? Do they feel they will be treated better by the Chinese if they aid their push for dominance?

    If China dominates commerce and Chinese 5G equipment becomes the standard, then fair trade and the rule of law is out the window.

    It is time for an investigation to find out what is going on in Google.
    We killed God, family, and community. Now itís killing us.
    When I sound crazy, itís because I think you are.
    America belongs to the rest of the world. Your job is to pay for it.
    Racism is not being able to read racist rap lyrics out loud because you are white.

  2. #2
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,665

    Re: Peter Thiel says FBI, CIA should probe Google

    Um... okay.

    "Democracy without respect for individual rights sucks. It's just ganging up against the weird kid, and I'm always the weird kid." - Penn Jillette.

  3. #3
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    08-16-19 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    14,546

    Re: Peter Thiel says FBI, CIA should probe Google

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckiechan View Post
    Although in the body of the piece, Theil is a bit out there, but where there is smoke there is fire. I want to believe a US company would never aid our enemies, even if it only goes against our ideals because China seeks to more efficiently control its population. I want to believe Google is a stalking horse in China for US interests. BUT Is Google looking toward being a part of Chinese domination of 5G, and see themselves being on the right side of progress on behalf of its shareholders? Do they feel they will be treated better by the Chinese if they aid their push for dominance? If China dominates commerce and Chinese 5G equipment becomes the standard, then fair trade and the rule of law is out the window. It is time for an investigation to find out what is going on in Google.
    Perhaps the 'smoke' is from a tRumper conspiracy ranter, (he is A LOT) out there...

    If this wasn't the bad ol interwebz that 'hates' poor tRumpers this China 'domination' wouldn't raise an eyebrow....

    Look around, find the house/business/defense hardware that doesn't have 'Made in China' on it....

    China dominates commerce and in almost every sector Chinese equipment IS standard....

    But but but the bad ol Googles, enemy of the State, censorship, HILLARY!!!!!!!!!!

  4. #4
    Sage
    chuckiechan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    California Caliphate
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,249

    Re: Peter Thiel says FBI, CIA should probe Google

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Perhaps the 'smoke' is from a tRumper conspiracy ranter, (he is A LOT) out there...

    If this wasn't the bad ol interwebz that 'hates' poor tRumpers this China 'domination' wouldn't raise an eyebrow....

    Look around, find the house/business/defense hardware that doesn't have 'Made in China' on it....

    China dominates commerce and in almost every sector Chinese equipment IS standard....

    But but but the bad ol Googles, enemy of the State, censorship, HILLARY!!!!!!!!!!
    I surprised you two are so uninformed as what is going on.

    I didn’t expect a post like this attract partisan trolls. Christ on a crutch.
    We killed God, family, and community. Now itís killing us.
    When I sound crazy, itís because I think you are.
    America belongs to the rest of the world. Your job is to pay for it.
    Racism is not being able to read racist rap lyrics out loud because you are white.

  5. #5
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    25,082

    Re: Peter Thiel says FBI, CIA should probe Google

    Theil is a naÔve billionaire. He does not know that Google has any and every blessing the CIA may offer. For all practical purposes, Google IS the CIA.

    The FBI? They enjoy having personal information through the back door.

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    08-16-19 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    14,546

    Re: Peter Thiel says FBI, CIA should probe Google

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckiechan View Post
    I surprised you two are so uninformed as what is going on. I didnít expect a post like this attract partisan trolls. Christ on a crutch.
    I'm NOT surprised Kool-Aid drinkers think their hallucinations confirm tRumper 'alternate facts'.

    Chinese hardware is in everything, every household, every electronic device, every vehicle, most of our military equipment, and for a some right wing whiner to try and claim only ONE corporation's action is somehow illegal is hypocrisy at it's worst....

    If I recall my Bible correctly, Christ didn't need a crutch, those many weaker minds do....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •