Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: Judge says Paul Manafort broke plea deal by lying to Mueller

  1. #41
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    30,952

    Re: Judge says Paul Manafort broke plea deal by lying to Mueller

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    There are so many angles of Trump's campaign conspiring with the Russians to win the election, and Trump's only defense is to say he didn't know. It really is an incredible defense. Everybody Mueller gets, he exposes the lies. It's a web of lies. He is going to untangle it. There is no way everybody around Trump was colluding with Russia other than Trump, and Trump knew nothing... lol...
    Agreed. But proving it may not be so easy. Especially with key players holding-out for pardons. That's the problem. Trump is in effect circumventing justice with his Presidential powers.

    I also have little doubt that Trump would have been charged as Cohen's co-conspirator in the Daniels affair, if sitting Presidents were indictable. I believe SDNY will indict him upon his leaving office. There almost no way to read the Cohen charging document, and believe otherwise.

    Plus, we don't know what is going to shake-out of the Trump Org & Inauguration Committee SDNY investigations. Mueller was very shrewd in handing-off all this stuff to SDNY. They are a very aggressive branch known for going their own way. After Mueller's investigatory central mandate expires, I believe SDNY's investigations will continue going.

    The Trump family's real legal problems may occur at the hands of SDNY, after they're out of the White House!
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  2. #42
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    30,952

    Re: Judge says Paul Manafort broke plea deal by lying to Mueller

    Quote Originally Posted by GDViking View Post
    Exactly, what manafort got caught lying about was coordinator with Russians.

    This makes it clear that Mueller has more evidence that coordination did occur.

    This is just a other brick in the wall.

    Trump should be scared ****less!!!
    Yeah, like I said earlier in the thread:

    The two most possible areas to find a smoking gun - in my opinion - seem to be in the Manafort-Kilimnik and Stone-Guccifer-Assange relationships

    Actually - I'll give honorable mention to Cohen-Deripaska, too.

    I'm telling, you this stuff is sick. Back in the day in my city, when some person or group had extensive criminal contacts with organized crime, we said they were "mobbed up". Well, these guys are "Russian'd up". What the hell is going-on, here?
    Last edited by Chomsky; 02-14-19 at 12:34 PM. Reason: add last par
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  3. #43
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:39 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    40,083

    Re: Judge says Paul Manafort broke plea deal by lying to Mueller

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    I'm not sure what you're getting at, here. The investigation was into Russian meddling & interference in our election. And in Meuller's filing, he claims the Manafort-Klimimnik association as being directly involved in the heart of the investigation. So it seems to me this facet of the investigation is extremely fruitful.

    By you guys & Trump pushing the term "collusion", I feel you're trying to deflect from the investigation and it's purpose by creating a strawman. In addition to investigatory subject of election meddling & interference, if there's collusion I strongly suspect Mueller will find it.

    In the meanwhile if he stumbles upon criminal activity in the campaign and the administration's governance, then it is excellent that he is rooting it out!
    yet none of mueller's charges against manafort have anything to do with collusion or conspiracy to over throw or meddling in an election.
    all fo the charges again manafort are unrelated to the campaign.

    He is in trouble for stuff that happened years before the campaign even occurred.

  4. #44
    Guru
    Buzz62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Judge says Paul Manafort broke plea deal by lying to Mueller

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    Yeah, like I said earlier in the thread:

    The two most possible areas to find a smoking gun - in my opinion - seem to be in the Manafort-Kilimnik and Stone-Guccifer-Assange relationships

    Actually - I'll give honorable mention to Cohen-Deripaska, too.

    I'm telling, you this stuff is sick. Back in the day in my city, when some person or group had extensive criminal contacts with organized crime, we said they were "mobbed up". Well, these guys are "Russian'd up". What the hell is going-on, here?
    Reminds one of the Kennedy years...doesn't it...
    It's so lonely in m'saddle...since m'horse died...

  5. #45
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    30,952

    Re: Judge says Paul Manafort broke plea deal by lying to Mueller

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz62 View Post
    Reminds one of the Kennedy years...doesn't it...
    In what way?
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  6. #46
    Guru
    Buzz62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Judge says Paul Manafort broke plea deal by lying to Mueller

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    In what way?
    Back in the day in my city, when some person or group had extensive criminal contacts with organized crime, we said they were "mobbed up".
    Mobbed up.
    It's so lonely in m'saddle...since m'horse died...

  7. #47
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    30,952

    Re: Judge says Paul Manafort broke plea deal by lying to Mueller

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz62 View Post
    Mobbed up.
    Fair point. Womenizer, too.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •