Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 194

Thread: A Huge Climate Change Movement Led By Teenage Girls Is Sweeping Europe. And Itís Coming To The US

  1. #61
    Guru
    Bergslagstroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,537

    Re: A Huge Climate Change Movement Led By Teenage Girls Is Sweeping Europe. And Itís Coming To The U

    Quote Originally Posted by bongsaway View Post
    Comrade, the debate is over, climate is changing for the worse and if we don't do something future generations will suffer. To think there are people who still think like you boggles my brain. Things are happening in weather today that just weren't happening forty years ago, things non scientists can see and feel for themselves. Something like the last nineteen or twenty years have been the hottest on record. Some places have received record rainfalls, fires, hurricanes. Yes all of these things normally happen but it's not a coincidence that we have had a dozen five hundred years storms in ten years. I know the right likes to say they are not anti science but this issue alone says differently and your post proves the point. It's sad that the right needs a smoking howitzer to believe anything.
    Fossil fuel companies have funded massive disinformation and lobbying campaigns for many decades to delay the transition away from fossil fuels.

    "Growing public evidence demonstrates that Exxon and other oil companies understood climate risks by the 1980s, yet spent millions to sow uncertainty and misinformation about climate science.

    The documents that followóindustry histories, scientific articles, oral testimonies, patentsóspan more than half a century of industry research and industry action. They offer compelling evidence that oil executives were actively debating climate science in the 1950s, and were explicitly warned about climate risks a decade later. Just as importantly, they offer glimpses into why the industry undertook this research, and how it used the results to sow scientific uncertainty and public skepticism."


    Smoke & Fumes

  2. #62
    Guru
    Bergslagstroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,537

    Re: A Huge Climate Change Movement Led By Teenage Girls Is Sweeping Europe. And Itís Coming To The U

    Quote Originally Posted by maxparrish View Post
    I'm sorry, where might we find your argument against a single point that I made? It certainly isn't to be found above, which is little more than an ad hom red herring.

    Whether or not I have studied the climate or environment is irrelevant to the fact that these children, these teen girl hysterics, have done nothing to be sentimentalized as having a worldly collective wisdom, or competence, or a special moral authority. Genuflect before the acting out teen child all you like, but anyone who swoons over a gaggle of screaming teen girls blindly following their school taught zeitgeist is a fool.

    By now we should all be aware of the passions and haze of mobilized youth, so gullible that both Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy used them as their "moral authority" to cleanse their nations of reason - nothing like pig-tailed girls and well ordered boys screaming "The future belongs to us", no? (Google youtube for an illustration).

    And of one thing I am certain, I don't know more about climate change than most climate scientists. I don't know more than much of the talented lay public that follows that science. I don't even know more than some of the people on this forum. But I am 100 percent confident I know more than any of these hormone saturated 15 year old hair-pullers.

    As I stated:

    "You may applaud their antics, cater to their pretentious self-importance, cheer their pseudo independence, and shed tears at their nobility - but some of us are actually serious and thoughtful about our convictions, and decline to do so."
    People should be judge by their actions. There the kids are listen to the scientists and taking action for a better future.

    While adults in charge have for many decades ignored the warnings from the scientists about manmade global warming. There you even up to this day have politicians like Donald Trump that hire and listen to the fossil fuel companies lobbyists instead of taking action on climate change.

    How a Coal Baron’s Wish List Became President Trump’s To-Do List - The New York Times

    Oil companies lobbied for Trump's relaxed auto standards - Autoblog

    Also the kids campaigns have already have result. By increasing the awareness and media coverage of the urgent need for action on climate change in many countries. While also inspire people of all ages to take action and make their voices heard. That they also already made a politician to resign in Belgium.

    Belgian minister resigns over school-strike conspiracy claims | World news | The Guardian

  3. #63
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    39,976

    Re: A Huge Climate Change Movement Led By Teenage Girls Is Sweeping Europe. And Itís Coming To The U

    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    What was it that Prager U released about climate change?
    That there are three groups that concern themselves with it.

    1. Being mainly the scientist who are looking for a way to confirm combat climate change.
    2. Are the skeptics in the scientific community, who recognize that there is currently no way to quantify humanities contribution to climate change.
    3. The silly bastards that just want to profit from pushing their own narrative.

    Everyone really hates group #3.
    1. You can't combat a naturally occurring cycle nor are you supposed to. Your geo-engineering is what is going to screw stuff up more. There is more evidence
    that we can have another ice age more before you will die of a run away global warming event.
    2. Yep humans have an impact but not enough of one that it controls what the climate is going to do.
    3. Yep those are called global warming zealots.

  4. #64
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    39,976

    Re: A Huge Climate Change Movement Led By Teenage Girls Is Sweeping Europe. And Itís Coming To The U

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Indoctrination by government schools at its finest.
    It really is how scary the zealotry is with this thing. It is like a brain washing cult.
    as soon as you drink the coolaid you lose any and all critical thinking ability.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,608

    Re: A Huge Climate Change Movement Led By Teenage Girls Is Sweeping Europe. And Itís Coming To The U

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    It really is how scary the zealotry is with this thing. It is like a brain washing cult.
    as soon as you drink the coolaid you lose any and all critical thinking ability.
    Regrettably, our children have been brainwashed.

  6. #66
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    39,976

    Re: A Huge Climate Change Movement Led By Teenage Girls Is Sweeping Europe. And Itís Coming To The U

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Regrettably, our children have been brainwashed.
    Mine haven't. I teach them to think critically and to ask questions and not just repeat crap they hear at school.

  7. #67
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,059

    Re: A Huge Climate Change Movement Led By Teenage Girls Is Sweeping Europe. And Itís Coming To The U

    Quote Originally Posted by Bergslagstroll View Post
    Full title: A Huge Climate Change Movement Led By Teenage Girls Is Sweeping Europe. And It’s Coming To The US Next.

    Young women are leading the growing global climate movement.



    Europe Climate Change Protests: Teenage Girls Organize Mass School Walkouts And Protests

    That children have to take action then the grown ups fail in their duties and responsibilities.

    The children skipping school aren't ruining the planet – you are | Srećko Horvat | Opinion | The Guardian
    You've been here long enough to know the alarmists argue the subject as persuasively as little girls.
    It mostly consists of "Because everybody says so."

    IF EVERYTHING IS IMPORTANT THEN NOTHING IS

  8. #68
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: A Huge Climate Change Movement Led By Teenage Girls Is Sweeping Europe. And Itís Coming To The U

    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    I see no point in my post where I said that they invented climate change. So right off the bat you've pretty much revealed just how wrong you are about this who thing.

    I'm also not saying that climate change was invented. It's obvious that the climate of the earth is constantly changing, though the effects of humanity on all of this are still very much up in the air. Seeing as we have varied results, I like to stand on the same ground as Richard Lindzen.

    Even the IPCC can only say that the burning of CO2 by mankind "might eventually lead to climate change". I being a skeptic on the issue of man made climate change. Know full well that there are multitudes of reasons that the earths climate actually changes and almost none of them are fully understood and that there is no evidence that CO2 emissions are the actual dominant factor.

    These children, are not in any way, shape, or form. Going to change anything with wishful thinking. Anymore than your pathetic insults are going to actually come close to effecting us in any actual fashion.

    If you have the cold hard facts and the mountains of information that prove you correct. Then I invite you to cite it and a dialogue can be had from that.
    So what if the climate is changing, it's been changing from the birth of our planet. And for thousands of years we've adapted. I guess now we're not able to adapt to any changes. So what is the oceans rise, we adapt. In some places warming will be a good thing and in others not so good but we adapt. And we've been good at adapting until now it's never mentioned because they don't want to adapt.

    I'll bet if the climate was getting colder the non adopters would be calling for burning all the fossil fuel you can get your hand on. They would be setting fire to oil wells and let them burn until the oil runs out.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  9. #69
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,762

    Re: A Huge Climate Change Movement Led By Teenage Girls Is Sweeping Europe. And Itís Coming To The U

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    You've been here long enough to know the alarmists argue the subject as persuasively as little girls.
    It mostly consists of "Because everybody says so."
    ...Everybody who's anybody in the AGW movement, anyway. It's a club that claims an interest in science - kinda like the KKK claims an interest in race relations.

  10. #70
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    02-17-19 @ 02:32 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,317
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: A Huge Climate Change Movement Led By Teenage Girls Is Sweeping Europe. And Itís Coming To The U

    Quote Originally Posted by Bergslagstroll View Post
    Full title: A Huge Climate Change Movement Led By Teenage Girls Is Sweeping Europe. And Itís Coming To The US Next.

    Young women are leading the growing global climate movement.



    Europe Climate Change Protests: Teenage Girls Organize Mass School Walkouts And Protests

    That children have to take action then the grown ups fail in their duties and responsibilities.

    The children skipping school aren't ruining the planet – you are | Srećko Horvat | Opinion | The Guardian
    Have to say, The Westchester Girl and her Full Retard Green Deal just ****ed the **** out of the greenie movement.

    That bit of Green idiocy is epic. Itís 1978 SNL worthy.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •