Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 107

Thread: Trump Sold $35 Million Of Real Estate In 2018

  1. #21
    Where Are My Toadies?
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    29,643

    Re: Trump Sold $35 Million Of Real Estate In 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Horn View Post
    if he wasn’t handsoff, on this 35 million investment, the SEC would hang him by his ballsack
    Maybe they are letting Mueller take his turn first.




  2. #22
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TEXAS
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:45 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,852

    Re: Trump Sold $35 Million Of Real Estate In 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Maybe they are letting Mueller take his turn first.
    It would’ve been instant nailed to the pavement.

  3. #23
    Sage



    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,361

    Re: Trump Sold $35 Million Of Real Estate In 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Horn View Post
    He is hands off. He shouldnt have to give a **** if Che himself arrives at his birthday party.
    Hands off, as in he's above the law? I am sure you would have felt the same way if Clinton was elected.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  4. #24
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TEXAS
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:45 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,852

    Re: Trump Sold $35 Million Of Real Estate In 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    Hands off, as in he's above the law? I am sure you would have felt the same way if Clinton was elected.
    If Clinton had been elected you’d have 8 dollar gas for the last year. And 28 dollar nat gas.

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,329

    Re: Trump Sold $35 Million Of Real Estate In 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Much of the $35 million profit came from one sale that fell under the auspices of HUD. Can you say "conflict of interests"?



    Then there is this bit of news, similar to the ways Russians have bought Trump properties in Miami and Palm Beach.
    Oh the horror. A company in which President Trump has a 4% interest and in which he has delegated operation responsibility sold the building. And people are buying real estate through LLC's, and still others are buying condo units in condo buildings.

    It seems to be getting more and more difficult to come up with a legitimate Trump bad daily story.

    The author, Danny Boy, seems to have carved himself out a niche writing Trump bad stories.

    "I write about Donald Trump, the people around him, and how they affect business. Before he won the presidency, I covered billionaires, industrial America and sports. My favorite stories focus on the hands-dirty businesses between the coasts that make up the bulk of the U.S. economy yet get relatively little national attention."
    Last edited by jimbo; 01-12-19 at 12:05 PM.

  6. #26
    Sage



    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,361

    Re: Trump Sold $35 Million Of Real Estate In 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Horn View Post
    Right. Because free enterprise should never be extended to a president. Cough cough whitewater
    Article I, Section 9, of the constitution says "No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State." It was put there to prevent corrupting foreign influences on our government.

    If Swampy couldn't abide by that he shouldn't have run. It also isn't optional. It's a requirement of the office and can be removed for violating it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Oh the horror. A company in which President Trump has a 4% interest and in which he has delegated operation responsibility sold the building. And people are buying real estate through LLC's, and still others are buying condo units in condo buildings.

    It seems to be getting more and more difficult to come up with a legitimate Trump bad daily story.
    That 4% interest is millions of dollars.
    Moreover, what part of "any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever," don't you understand?

    Moreover, moreover, the idea that Trump "delegated operation responsibility" is a fiction. He's involved in these decisions.

    Yes, individuals buying real estate must disclose who they are. LLCs hide the identity of those people. Curious, huh?
    Last edited by MTAtech; 01-12-19 at 12:05 PM.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  7. #27
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TEXAS
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:45 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,852

    Re: Trump Sold $35 Million Of Real Estate In 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    Article I, Section 9, of the constitution says "No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State." It was put there to prevent corrupting foreign influences on our government.

    If Swampy couldn't abide by that he shouldn't have run. It also isn't optional. It's a requirement of the office and can be removed for violating it.
    youre wishing to chop down the Statue of Liberty? And no, President Trump needs to have time to liquidate his holdings. That article never said he had to do it before his accession to the throne. Only that he had to do it.

  8. #28
    Sage



    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,361

    Re: Trump Sold $35 Million Of Real Estate In 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Horn View Post
    youre wishing to chop down the Statue of Liberty? And no, President Trump needs to have time to liquidate his holdings. That article never said he had to do it before his accession to the throne. Only that he had to do it.
    Let me hold my head for a minute because of how stupid that comment is. The Statue of Liberty was a gift to the United States, not any president.

    One doesn't have to liquidate assets. Other presidents just set up blind trusts.

    Throne? We know your thinking now.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,599

    Re: Trump Sold $35 Million Of Real Estate In 2018

    [QUOTE=Deuce;1069532759]They wouldn't let Jimmy Carter own a peanut farm.

    Right wingers will excuse anything.[/QUOTE

    That's because Jimmy kept playing with his peanuts.

  10. #30
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    58,972

    Re: Trump Sold $35 Million Of Real Estate In 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Horn View Post
    If Clinton had been elected you’d have 8 dollar gas for the last year. And 28 dollar nat gas.


    Right wingers really do think there's a giant dial in the oval office for gas prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Are you sure? Race is the only difference between Swedish socialism and Venezualan socialism.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •