Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 107

Thread: Trump Sold $35 Million Of Real Estate In 2018

  1. #11
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:32 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    10,929

    Re: Trump Sold $35 Million Of Real Estate In 2018

    We also have this little bit news

    Shutdown Shutters Many D.C. Tourist Attractions — But Not The One In Trump's Hotel

    One of the very few government-owned tourist attractions that's still open is just a few blocks away, in the clock tower of the historic, 1899-vintage Old Post Office building. Three park rangers are on duty, guiding visitors up two elevators and onto an observation deck that provide dramatic views of downtown Washington. There's also a historic set of bells that ring regularly.

    The Old Post Office is owned by the federal government, which leases the building to the Trump International Hotel, itself operated by President Trump's Trump Organization. And once again, Trump's stake in that hotel is controversial.

    A lawsuit making its way through the courts alleges that Trump is violating anti-corruption clauses of the Constitution whenever the hotel does business with foreign and state governments. Lobbyists and political allies frequently hold events at the hotel. And there are questions about whether Trump personally intervened in plans to replace the FBI headquarters, which sits across the street from the hotel, in order to protect his business interests.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  2. #12
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:32 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    10,929

    Re: Trump Sold $35 Million Of Real Estate In 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Airyaman View Post
    Carter wasn't a good cult leader.
    but he does build nice houses for low-income Americans
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  3. #13
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TEXAS
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:45 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,852

    Re: Trump Sold $35 Million Of Real Estate In 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Damn that pesky Constitution. Always gets in the way.

    Too bad people like Trump wipe their ass with it every day, and people like you are OK with it.
    Right. Because free enterprise should never be extended to a president. Cough cough whitewater

  4. #14
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TEXAS
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:45 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,852

    Re: Trump Sold $35 Million Of Real Estate In 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    Of course, you ignore the corrupt implications of selling assets to unknown people. They could be Russian oligarchs -- which would be another violation of the emolument clause of the constitution but IOKIYAR.
    He is hands off. He shouldnt have to give a **** if Che himself arrives at his birthday party.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    38,938

    Re: Trump Sold $35 Million Of Real Estate In 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Much of the $35 million profit came from one sale that fell under the auspices of HUD. Can you say "conflict of interests"?



    Then there is this bit of news, similar to the ways Russians have bought Trump properties in Miami and Palm Beach.
    Besides the fact that you are saying that Trump did these things without knowing if Trump was even involved in any of the transactions, you slyly imply that that a government agency is colluding with the President without any evidence that Trump is involved with that agency's decisions.

    This is worse than fake news...it's dishonest news. Of course, this is par for the course when it comes to the Trump hating media and their useful idiots.
    TANSTAAFL

    Liberal turned conservative David Mamet famously said: In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

  6. #16
    Where Are My Toadies?
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    29,643

    Re: Trump Sold $35 Million Of Real Estate In 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Horn View Post
    Right. Because free enterprise should never be extended to a president. Cough cough whitewater
    Better take something for that cough. Three separate inquiries, two by Republican Ken Starr, found no evidence of criminal wrongdoing. I could almost guarantee that if a Republican could find something on any of the Clintons, they'd prosecute to the hilt.

    Just like those damned emails.





  7. #17
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TEXAS
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:45 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,852

    Re: Trump Sold $35 Million Of Real Estate In 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Better take something for that cough. Three separate inquiries, two by Republican Ken Starr, found no evidence of criminal wrongdoing. I could almost guarantee that if a Republican could find something on any of the Clintons, they'd prosecute to the hilt.

    Just like those damned emails.

    no one wants to be found with an imprint of an f-string at their autopsy.

  8. #18
    Where Are My Toadies?
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    29,643

    Re: Trump Sold $35 Million Of Real Estate In 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Horn View Post
    He is hands off. He shouldnt have to give a **** if Che himself arrives at his birthday party.
    Hands off?

    No. He is certainly not "hands off."

    Just because y'all buy his bull**** doesn't mean Mueller does. Tick, tock.




  9. #19
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TEXAS
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:45 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,852

    Re: Trump Sold $35 Million Of Real Estate In 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Hands off?

    No. He is certainly not "hands off."

    Just because y'all buy his bull**** doesn't mean Mueller does. Tick, tock.
    if he wasn’t handsoff, on this 35 million investment, the SEC would hang him by his ballsack

  10. #20
    Where Are My Toadies?
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    29,643

    Re: Trump Sold $35 Million Of Real Estate In 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Horn View Post
    no one wants to be found with an imprint of an f-string at their autopsy.
    Attachment 67247845




Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •