Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 193

Thread: Lawrence O’Donnell Shreds Donald Trump Over His Most ‘Evil’ Lie About 9/11

  1. #171
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    38,752
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lawrence O’Donnell Shreds Donald Trump Over His Most ‘Evil’ Lie About 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lmao prove a negative is how your start your argument.

    You're new at debating, right?

    Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.
    You made a positive assertion. All that you have to do is prove that he didn't go to any of the funerals that came about due to 9/11.

    If I'm new to debating then you're at the infant level of debating if you don't know the difference between proving a negative and proving a positive assertion.

    I'll also note that you didn't respond to any other part of my post. No surprise there.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang
    Sick Boy This is us.

  2. #172
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    45,692

    Re: Lawrence O’Donnell Shreds Donald Trump Over His Most ‘Evil’ Lie About 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    You made a positive assertion.
    Nope, I made a negative one based on the fact that there is no evidence for the positive claim other than you stretching the definition of "friend" to be literally anyone on the planet. If you are going to straight up lie in front of the DP membership about what I have said, you're going to have a hard time.

    You REALLY should learn the basics of a debate if you are going to call any position pathetic. Here is an example, last week, I took a train, had a short conversation with the ticket guy, and kept walking. His name is John and I will most certainly never see him again.

    Do you think he is my friend? Don't kid yourself, be honest, admit this was a dumb claim to make, move along.

    Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  3. #173
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    38,752
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lawrence O’Donnell Shreds Donald Trump Over His Most ‘Evil’ Lie About 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lmao, that is absolutely absurd and entirely inapplicable to what is being discussed here. This was 2001, long before social media, half a decade before FB, and a time where we have zero evidence that he knew anyone at those towers enough to visit their grave, say some kind words at their funeral or for that matter attending it.

    Keep on dancing to justify your reliance on the dictionary to make an argument.

    Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.
    Pretty sure that no one has disputed that. Instead, since you apparently "do not know", people are using it as an example of people claiming friends even if they don't know them. And while FB might not have started until 2004 (3 years after 9/11, not half a decade) there were still social media platforms that were around before FB. So you not only fail at acknowledging that FB friends was just being used as an example you also fail at remembering that social media was around long before FB.

    And I'm not the one that first provided the dictionary to try and support their argument. You did. I just called you out on using only part of the definition while ignoring the rest of it, on purpose.

    That's 3 fails (technically 4 if I wanted to be an ass and point out that your "half a decade" comment was wrong also, but I'll let that one slide) in one post by you. You should just stop while you're behind.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang
    Sick Boy This is us.

  4. #174
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    38,752
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lawrence O’Donnell Shreds Donald Trump Over His Most ‘Evil’ Lie About 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Nope, I made a negative one based on the fact that there is no evidence for the positive claim other than you stretching the definition of "friend" to be literally anyone on the planet. If you are going to straight up lie in front of the DP membership about what I have said, you're going to have a hard time.
    I did not stretch the definition at all. I simply provided the full definition in response to your failure to do so. And yes, you made a positive assertion. You clearly stated:

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    you do realize he didn't have 100s of friends die anywhere, right?
    That is a positive assertion. You have not provided any evidence that he had none.

    If an atheist says that "God does not exist" then people will rightly call him out to prove his positive assertion. Your statement is no different. In both instances a positive assertion is made.

    "There is no god"

    "Trump had no friends that died on 9/11"
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang
    Sick Boy This is us.

  5. #175
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    45,692

    Re: Lawrence O’Donnell Shreds Donald Trump Over His Most ‘Evil’ Lie About 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Pretty sure that no one has disputed that. Instead, since you apparently "do not know", people are using it as an example of people claiming friends even if they don't know them. And while FB might not have started until 2004 (3 years after 9/11, not half a decade) there were still social media platforms that were around before FB.
    I am going to stop you right there because it's obvious that not only do you stretch the definition of a friend to be anyone the planet, you also have absolutely no idea what social media is based on.

    When exactly do you think the term Web 2.0 appeared? Why do you think FB started in 2004? It was founded in 2004, it wouldn't become public access until 2006. 5 years after 9/11.

    You are being pretty disingenuous in your claim that anyone and everyone is your friend if you've had the slightest of contact with them... But you stepping into social media and telling everyone it existed long before the common denominators for social media were established is pretty funny.

    Talk about delusions and wanting to talk about any subject you have zero knowledge of. Kal, whenever you want to show us even 10 reports of Trump attending funerals, we will believe you.

    Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  6. #176
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    45,692

    Re: Lawrence O’Donnell Shreds Donald Trump Over His Most ‘Evil’ Lie About 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I did not stretch the definition at all. I simply provided the full definition in response to your failure to do so. And yes, you made a positive assertion. You clearly stated:

    That is a positive assertion. You have not provided any evidence that he had none.

    If an atheist says that "God does not exist" then people will rightly call him out to prove his positive assertion. Your statement is no different. In both instances a positive assertion is made.

    "There is no god"

    "Trump had no friends that died on 9/11"
    Kal'Stang ignores the word "didn't" is negative to claim the sentence makes a positive claim. Kind of like if I say there is no spoon, I am actually making a positive claim about the spoon's existence.

    Where is that clock emoji again.

    Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  7. #177
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    45,692

    Re: Lawrence O’Donnell Shreds Donald Trump Over His Most ‘Evil’ Lie About 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I did not stretch the definition at all. I simply provided the full definition in response to your failure to do so. And yes, you made a positive assertion. You clearly stated:

    you do realize he didn't have 100s of friends die anywhere, right?
    That is a positive assertion. You have not provided any evidence that he had none.

    If an atheist says that "God does not exist" then people will rightly call him out to prove his positive assertion. Your statement is no different. In both instances a positive assertion is made.

    "There is no god"

    "Trump had no friends that died on 9/11"
    Just want to point to to everyone who needs reading glasses, just how dishonest Kal'Stang's argument has been from the get-go. If you literally add negatives in your sentences, Kal'Stang will claim these are positive claims. Kind of like if you say 3 - 2 = 1, what Kal thinks you're really saying is that 1 + 2 = 3.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  8. #178
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    21,299

    Re: Lawrence O’Donnell Shreds Donald Trump Over His Most ‘Evil’ Lie About 9/11

    He's suggesting he lost hundreds of friends in the collapse of the Twin Towers. He was friends with what, 5 out of every 10 people killed, 6/10, 7/10.....

    Who buys that? Seriously?

    It always has to be about him.


    Still, let him take center stage and make it all about him and just be grateful that he didn't tweet something idiotic like;

    “Firefighter’s a hero because he got killed? I prefer the ones that escaped.”
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  9. #179
    Sage


    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    14,919

    Re: Lawrence O’Donnell Shreds Donald Trump Over His Most ‘Evil’ Lie About 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    He's suggesting he lost hundreds of friends in the collapse of the Twin Towers. He was friends with what, 5 out of every 10 people killed, 6/10, 7/10.....

    Who buys that? Seriously?

    It always has to be about him.


    Still, let him take center stage and make it all about him and just be grateful that he didn't tweet something idiotic like;

    “Firefighter’s a hero because he got killed? I prefer the ones that escaped.”
    And if he did say that, his sycophants would make excuses for his atrocious behavior AGAIN.

  10. #180
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    45,692

    Re: Lawrence O’Donnell Shreds Donald Trump Over His Most ‘Evil’ Lie About 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    And if he did say that, his sycophants would make excuses for his atrocious behavior AGAIN.
    Just look at this thread, a DP member is telling people that saying something doesn't exist is a positive claim about the existence of that something.

    You can't get more intellectually hackish than that.

    Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •