Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 115 of 115

Thread: Roger Stone Communicated With Russian Hackers, Mueller Indictment Suggests

  1. #111
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,002

    Re: Roger Stone Communicated With Russian Hackers, Mueller Indictment Suggests

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Becaaaauuuuuse ... they were able to.


    Not trying to be patronizing, but do you realize how uniformed that comment sounds, especially considering the attack methods Russia used? There is no such thing as 100% security and with a program like spearphishing, you go after users, not system vulnerabilities.

    "Because they were able to" is not a coherent response to what Russia did.

    It was an utter delight to have my prediction borne out.
    If you predicted there's a difference between old RNC servers and what Russia did to the DNC, the DNCC and Clinton campaign, then why did you ask the question in the first place? Because everyone with a modicum of knowledge understands the incredible difference between what happened to Republicans and Democrats.

    Saying that stealing my old handbag out of the trash and continuously stealing every new wallet you purchase is the same is basically what you're claiming here.

  2. #112
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,006
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Roger Stone Communicated With Russian Hackers, Mueller Indictment Suggests

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    A known Trump advisor who, according to the indictment, had regular conversations with senior Trump campaign officials had an ongoing and active conversation with Russian intelligence officers responsible for hacking Trump's opponent.

    But continue pretending as if that is not incredibly relevant.
    Well, no, the indictment said that Trump's team didn't know that these people were Russian agents. However, the larger question is this: The DNC servers were never looked at, so how can you say this group or that group hacked them?
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  3. #113
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,767

    Re: Roger Stone Communicated With Russian Hackers, Mueller Indictment Suggests

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post


    Not trying to be patronizing, but do you realize how uniformed that comment sounds, especially considering the attack methods Russia used? There is no such thing as 100% security and with a program like spearphishing, you go after users, not system vulnerabilities.

    "Because they were able to" is not a coherent response to what Russia did.

    If you predicted there's a difference between old RNC servers and what Russia did to the DNC, the DNCC and Clinton campaign, then why did you ask the question in the first place? Because everyone with a modicum of knowledge understands the incredible difference between what happened to Republicans and Democrats.

    Saying that stealing my old handbag out of the trash and continuously stealing every new wallet you purchase is the same is basically what you're claiming here.
    You carry a handbag?
    Last edited by bubbabgone; 07-16-18 at 05:36 PM.

    A PARTY THAT DOESN'T DISCOURAGE VIOLENCE SURELY WILL SEE CHARACTER ASSASSINATION AS AN ACCEPTABLE ALTERNATIVE

  4. #114
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,767

    Re: Roger Stone Communicated With Russian Hackers, Mueller Indictment Suggests

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    ...

    July 2016 (before the dates listed in the indictment):

    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ussia-hack-dnc
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russian...d-on-dnc-hack/
    Hacker Guccifer 2.0 claims new DNC data leak | Fox News
    https://www.wired.com/2016/07/heres-...ssia-dnc-hack/
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/27/u...acked-dnc.html
    https://www.cnn.com/2016/07/27/polit...use/index.html


    But you're right, how would a long time political operative like Roger Stone have ever been able to know Russia could possibly have been behind the hack?

    Please don't say stupid things, I've already reached my limit for the week.
    Those are all July 2016 stories (could have been circular reporting too)

    A self-described “dirty trickster” in American politics, Stone has taken credit for persuading President Trump to get into politics. He initially served as an adviser to Trump’s 2016 campaign but left amid controversy in 2015. While Trump told the Washington Post at the time that he “terminated Roger Stone...because he no longer serves a useful function for my campaign," Stone told a different story, explaining on Twitter their falling out was about political messaging.
    Stone for his part has rejected any notion he was part of some grand conspiracy of collusion. When asked by ABC News in June whether he believed that Guccifer 2.0 was an operative of the Russian military intelligence, Stone denied it.
    “I've written a 5,000 word piece you can see it stone cold truth that argues against that,” Stone told ABC News in an interview last month. “But even if he was, my communication with him is ex post facto it happens weeks after the WikiLeaks have already published the Democratic National Committee emails and therefore collusion would have to be, would have to be chronological.”
    “Leaking after the fact,” Stone added, “impossible.”
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/roge...ry?id=56577300

    A PARTY THAT DOESN'T DISCOURAGE VIOLENCE SURELY WILL SEE CHARACTER ASSASSINATION AS AN ACCEPTABLE ALTERNATIVE

  5. #115
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,002

    Re: Roger Stone Communicated With Russian Hackers, Mueller Indictment Suggests

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Well, no, the indictment said that Trump's team didn't know that these people were Russian agents.
    No it didn't. In fact, it strongly insinuated they did know.

    Push lies somewhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    You carry a handbag?
    Opie's Hobo Friend | Mayberry Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia


    That's what was in my head when I posted that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Those are all July 2016 stories
    Exactly. So Stone would have known in August 2016 Russia hacked, which is what jmotivator asked.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •