Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 364

Thread: Memphis's Novel Strategy for Tearing Down Confederate Statues

  1. #21
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    92,077

    Re: Memphis's Novel Strategy for Tearing Down Confederate Statues

    Quote Originally Posted by JacksinPA View Post
    Christopher Columbus lit the fuze that led to genocide of native Americans. Columbus Day should be a day of shame, not celebration.
    Columbus lit the fuze that gave us The United States of America. I don't know about you, I'm damn glad to be a citizen of the greatest nation in human history.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    You people are my problem. You’re a major component of what’s wrong with this country.

  2. #22
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    92,077

    Re: Memphis's Novel Strategy for Tearing Down Confederate Statues

    Quote Originally Posted by JacksinPA View Post
    The portrait of Andrew Jackson that hangs in the Oval Office was an insult to the 3 surviving Navajo Code Talkers that Trump greeted there.
    They were too busy laughing at Elizabeth Warren to notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    You people are my problem. You’re a major component of what’s wrong with this country.

  3. #23
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Blue State America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,604

    Re: Memphis's Novel Strategy for Tearing Down Confederate Statues

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They were too busy laughing at Elizabeth Warren to notice.
    I saw video of the ceremony...They were not laughing...But looked saddened that they agreed to participate in this ceremony with that idiot trump

  4. #24
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Last Seen
    10-15-18 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,569

    Re: Memphis's Novel Strategy for Tearing Down Confederate Statues

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Columbus lit the fuze that gave us The United States of America. I don't know about you, I'm damn glad to be a citizen of the greatest nation in human history.
    Columbus & the people who followed him brought disease, genocide & slavery.

  5. #25
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    20,390
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Memphis's Novel Strategy for Tearing Down Confederate Statues

    Quote Originally Posted by Saladin4 View Post
    The statues are gone and hopefully will be destroyed...Historians did NOT erect those "monuments"...Racist bigots did...They have NO place in modern society
    If you think racist bigots erected those statues to demonstrate their racism/bigotry as virtues, then surely it was homophobes/anti gay/anti gay marriage types who erect statues or monuments of Dr. Martin Luther King who considered homosexuality a 'problem' and who did not advocate for gay marriage.

    But certainly those views were not all that Martin Luther King was, all that his culture was, all that he said, did, promoted, believed in.

    How much would your own views stand up under scrutiny by those who opposed them. Should you be condemned, reviled, and forbidden your place in history because you held an unpopular or unacceptable view to some others?
    Whatever flaws or failings, I can support the sinner who gets it right in the end over the virtuous saint who doesn't have a clue how to get it done--Foxfyre
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  6. #26
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Last Seen
    10-15-18 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,569

    Re: Memphis's Novel Strategy for Tearing Down Confederate Statues

    Quote Originally Posted by Saladin4 View Post
    I saw video of the ceremony...They were not laughing...But looked saddened that they agreed to participate in this ceremony with that idiot trump
    Did you notice him greeting the 3 surviving Navajo Code Talkers under the portrait of Andrew Jackson including the sad Pocahontas ethnic slur? I agree that Trump is an idiot & is definitely is not qualified to be in that office.
    Last edited by JacksinPA; 12-22-17 at 05:06 PM.

  7. #27
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Blue State America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,604

    Re: Memphis's Novel Strategy for Tearing Down Confederate Statues

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    If you think racist bigots erected those statues to demonstrate their racism/bigotry as virtues, then surely it was homophobes/anti gay/anti gay marriage types who erect statues or monuments of Dr. Martin Luther King who considered homosexuality a 'problem' and who did not advocate for gay marriage.

    But certainly those views were not all that Martin Luther King was, all that his culture was, all that he said, did, promoted, believed in.

    How much would your own views stand up under scrutiny by those who opposed them. Should you be condemned, reviled, and forbidden your place in history because you held an unpopular or unacceptable view to some others?
    FACT:...Those statues are being torn down....FACT:...The ones of Martin Luther King are not...Hard to take isn't it?....LOL

  8. #28
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    92,077

    Re: Memphis's Novel Strategy for Tearing Down Confederate Statues

    Quote Originally Posted by Saladin4 View Post
    I saw video of the ceremony...They were not laughing...But looked saddened that they agreed to participate in this ceremony with that idiot trump
    They were laughing their asses off...lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    You people are my problem. You’re a major component of what’s wrong with this country.

  9. #29
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Blue State America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,604

    Re: Memphis's Novel Strategy for Tearing Down Confederate Statues

    Quote Originally Posted by JacksinPA View Post
    Did you notice him greeting the 3 surviving Navajo Code Talkers under the portrait of Andrew Jackson? I agree that Trump is an idiot & is definitely is not qualified to be in that office.
    It was insulting of course...But it is what trump does....Most likely he knew nothing of the code talkers or what they did...He was told to give them a medal so used the moment to bash Elizabeth Warren (whose mother was part Cherokee) to take a cheap shot...and please his base of angry ignorant white men

  10. #30
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    92,077

    Re: Memphis's Novel Strategy for Tearing Down Confederate Statues

    Quote Originally Posted by Saladin4 View Post
    FACT:...Those statues are being torn down....FACT:...The ones of Martin Luther King are not...Hard to take isn't it?....LOL
    Fact: you're paving the way for the MLK statues to be removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    You people are my problem. You’re a major component of what’s wrong with this country.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •