Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 120

Thread: Maxine Waters Won’t Rule Out All-Black Party

  1. #101
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    34,955

    Re: Maxine Waters Won’t Rule Out All-Black Party

    That she's giving cerebral titan Sheila Jackson Lee a run for her money?

  2. #102
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Seen
    08-19-17 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,468

    Re: Maxine Waters Won’t Rule Out All-Black Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    I really don't see too much of a distinction between the two parties. Seeing as everyone has been making it about race ever since Obama said he would be running back before 08. Its just a tactic now, and unfortunately it seems to be getting worse no matter the side of the isle you sit on.
    Here's the difference: Trump was elected mainly because of race. Trump only became relevant politically in 2011 when he became a birther...and the rest is history.

    There was nothing about Trump's platform (besides race baiting) that was different from your average GOP candidate. Claiming he would repeal and replace Obamacare? Most GOP candidates were saying the same thing. Cutting Taxes? Typical Republican position. Against Abortion? Again, standard GOP position. Now the birther issue, banning Muslims, and the infamous "Wall"...this is what separated Trump from the rest of the GOP candidates. This is what made him immensely popular among the white nationalist crowd. Trump was willing to go where none of the other GOP candidates were willing to go.

  3. #103
    Educator Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Dallas, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    833

    Re: Maxine Waters Won’t Rule Out All-Black Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Puigb View Post
    Here's the difference: Trump was elected mainly because of race. Trump only became relevant politically in 2011 when he became a birther...and the rest is history.

    There was nothing about Trump's platform (besides race baiting) that was different from your average GOP candidate. Claiming he would repeal and replace Obamacare? Most GOP candidates were saying the same thing. Cutting Taxes? Typical Republican position. Against Abortion? Again, standard GOP position. Now the birther issue, banning Muslims, and the infamous "Wall"...this is what separated Trump from the rest of the GOP candidates. This is what made him immensely popular among the white nationalist crowd. Trump was willing to go where none of the other GOP candidates were willing to go.
    The birther issue was already settled, that was just the inability for him to let something go.
    Race baiting was never a real problem, since for some reason I have never seen racial tension in this country more high than through Obama's two terms. Maybe it was how he kept parroting all of that extreme liberal rhetoric, but it severely messed something up with the country. Trump was just another old arguably (orange) white man that ran for the presidential seat. He was toxic, and loud, but that was the political monster as it normally is.

    A wall was no problem, more than a few countries have walls covering one boarder to protect from a certain aspect of the other country, or even to separate them completely. The fact he just said he wanted to build a wall was apparently enough for people to forget walls were a thing. Taxes have been the same old snore, song & dance fest for both sides now. So nothing relevant can be gleamed from that little, well abused nugget.

    Obamacare was its own little nightmare for even Obama, the whole you can keep you're own doctor crap, along with its laughably horrendous startup was enough to kill most peoples hopes for it. Not to mention plenty of people were losing more than they bargained for when it became clear that their premiums were going to rise far more then they expected. The process basically worked best for people who were low income, or even worse off. Many of which are too busy raping the welfare system as is, and that doesn't even keep them from using Obamacare.

    Which I even think is encouraged in most, if not all cases if I am to take my doctors word on it..
    Don't yell at me when I present facts, just concede defeat like a normal person. Or come back with a more viable point of debate.

  4. #104
    Educator Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Dallas, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    833

    Re: Maxine Waters Won’t Rule Out All-Black Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Puigb View Post
    banning Muslims.
    Screwed up and didn't put this back in after my quick edit-

    Everyone griped about the whole banning Muslims fiasco, but no one said a damn thing when Obama issued his own travel restriction during his presidency in 2015. No one even had one gripe when he was rampantly bombing those poor bastards as well. It wasn't even a problem that it was majority Muslim countries, not to mention plenty of those countries have their own bans against other ethnic, and religious groups. So in retrospect he is doing something that was perfectly legal, and perfectly moral if everyone's own bias was to be taken into account.

    The ban was the biggest issue I had within the last few months, you had idiots cramming into airports to protest. Causing trouble nearly beyond measure, not to mention the people assaulting others just for the fact that they voted for Trump in the first place.

    It wasn't even an actual ban, and people lost their minds.
    Don't yell at me when I present facts, just concede defeat like a normal person. Or come back with a more viable point of debate.

  5. #105
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Seen
    08-19-17 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,468

    Re: Maxine Waters Won’t Rule Out All-Black Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    The birther issue was already settled, that was just the inability for him to let something go.
    Race baiting was never a real problem, since for some reason I have never seen racial tension in this country more high than through Obama's two terms. Maybe it was how he kept parroting all of that extreme liberal rhetoric, but it severely messed something up with the country. Trump was just another old arguably (orange) white man that ran for the presidential seat. He was toxic, and loud, but that was the political monster as it normally is.

    A wall was no problem, more than a few countries have walls covering one boarder to protect from a certain aspect of the other country, or even to separate them completely. The fact he just said he wanted to build a wall was apparently enough for people to forget walls were a thing. Taxes have been the same old snore, song & dance fest for both sides now. So nothing relevant can be gleamed from that little, well abused nugget.

    Obamacare was its own little nightmare for even Obama, the whole you can keep you're own doctor crap, along with its laughably horrendous startup was enough to kill most peoples hopes for it. Not to mention plenty of people were losing more than they bargained for when it became clear that their premiums were going to rise far more then they expected. The process basically worked best for people who were low income, or even worse off. Many of which are too busy raping the welfare system as is, and that doesn't even keep them from using Obamacare.

    Which I even think is encouraged in most, if not all cases if I am to take my doctors word on it..
    Dude...you completely are trying to deflect from the fact that Trump won the GOP primaries largely because of his race baiting. That is what made him stand out to Republican voters over the other 16 candidates who were also promising Tax Cuts and getting rid of Obamacare.

  6. #106
    User Former GOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Out west, USA
    Last Seen
    08-19-17 @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32

    Re: Maxine Waters Won’t Rule Out All-Black Party


  7. #107
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    In the Land of Fruits and Nuts
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,048

    Re: Maxine Waters Won’t Rule Out All-Black Party

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Isn't she the one who just got done calling Alan Dershowitz {sic} a racist? Laughable as that is, then she comes out with this tripe....

    So, just so we are straight on this, any other white politician come out and say that they wouldn't rule out an 'all white party' would be run out of town, and rightfully so....

    Maxine Watters should be an embarrassment to democrats.


    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    If you are paying attention, the democrat party is at this point in time, "anti white". When it's election time, "The sins of the White Devils will be forgiven, so come back and vote democrat". (Then we will go back to hating you. At least in public.)
    Clinton Machine will do it's best to **** 63 million voters for not voting for her.
    If everyone had a bull**** meter, would it be as much fun?
    It's hard to match the burning, visceral hate a liberal can bring to bear.

  8. #108
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,511

    Re: Maxine Waters Won’t Rule Out All-Black Party

    Quote Originally Posted by slo1111 View Post
    I'm a little mixed. Let me ask this? Was Martin Luther King a racist because he put a collition of blacks together to protest black issues? I would assume Maxine would similarly allow whites and other races to join like MLK did.

    If the answer is, MLK was not a racist, what would cause MW to be a racist if she put together a black political party?

    I'm not saying it would be the right thing to do, but it rises the question of how much oppression does a race need to be under to justify race centric remedies versus clor blind remedies.

    Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    Excepting the fact the MLK formed a coalition of African Americans, White Christian Congregations and Jewish Congregations that not only provided financial support, but their physical presence at the various marches.
    It was a coalition for justice.
    Having a race eccentric Party is no different then Nazis and White Supremacists. It divides peoples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    The damage to the black community from all this will be devastating.
    Not only on public perception and reputation, but cops simply won't want to police these neighborhoods anymore.
    The shooter was later found to be white.

  9. #109
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Posts
    329

    Re: Maxine Waters Won’t Rule Out All-Black Party

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Excepting the fact the MLK formed a coalition of African Americans, White Christian Congregations and Jewish Congregations that not only provided financial support, but their physical presence at the various marches.
    It was a coalition for justice.
    Having a race eccentric Party is no different then Nazis and White Supremacists. It divides peoples.
    Who were in the churches when he spoke? Who were at the rallies when he spoke? Who participated in the acts of civil disobedience?

    Of course there was support from other races and religions, but it was primarily a black movement by black people for racial justice. That doesn't deminish the whites and others who were beaten or killed supporting the movement or those who supported it in other ways.

    It is also important to note that there were black institutions set up that were originally blacks only. MLK eventually admitted it was a wrong strategy.

    Regardless, one can't extrapolate to Maxine Waters because it is not clear the limited discussion referred to a blacks only party. There are more reasons to assume she would not support such a thing.



    Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

  10. #110
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,511

    Re: Maxine Waters Won’t Rule Out All-Black Party

    Quote Originally Posted by slo1111 View Post
    Who were in the churches when he spoke? Who were at the rallies when he spoke? Who participated in the acts of civil disobedience?

    Of course there was support from other races and religions, but it was primarily a black movement by black people for racial justice. That doesn't deminish the whites and others who were beaten or killed supporting the movement or those who supported it in other ways.

    It is also important to note that there were black institutions set up that were originally blacks only. MLK eventually admitted it was a wrong strategy.

    Regardless, one can't extrapolate to Maxine Waters because it is not clear the limited discussion referred to a blacks only party. There are more reasons to assume she would not support such a thing.



    Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    From the little I know of the civil rights movement in the US, a substantial portion of Christian/Jewish helped MLK.
    We have more to gain, and easier to affect change with inclusion of all like minded, regardless of color.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    The damage to the black community from all this will be devastating.
    Not only on public perception and reputation, but cops simply won't want to police these neighborhoods anymore.
    The shooter was later found to be white.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •