Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 202

Thread: 4 Minneapolis officers fired after arrest of man who later died

  1. #131
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    125,343

    Re: 4 Minneapolis officers fired after arrest of man who later died

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    You are the one lying and everyone sees it.
    No, you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexedgar View Post
    I always got Aunt Jemima and Mrs. Butterworth mixed up!
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Open up the concentration camps! Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Only if there are ovens.

  2. #132
    Guru
    dave8383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Boston Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: 4 Minneapolis officers fired after arrest of man who later died

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    .................. and how much of this crap happened before cell phones?
    I hate to think.

  3. #133
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,411

    Re: 4 Minneapolis officers fired after arrest of man who later died

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Because of that damned Constitution and all those ****ing rights like "due process" and ****.
    A video of you with your knee on the back of another man's neck who dies, will land you in jail.

  4. #134
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    07-09-20 @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,846

    Re: 4 Minneapolis officers fired after arrest of man who later died

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, you!
    You forgot to stomp your feet...
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    It does not in fact bother me that poor people exist. They are supposed to, poverty is the default state of human existence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashmont View Post
    Remember Mashmont's predictions, people. Only 10,400 deaths, max. Only 130,000 COVID cases, max. This wouldn't make a garden variety flu season. Can you say hoax?

  5. #135
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Last Seen
    06-30-20 @ 01:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    8,362

    Re: 4 Minneapolis officers fired after arrest of man who later died

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctorWasIn View Post
    Should have known means quite a lot - it means people can't beat murder raps by pretending they didn't know their actions would lead to someone's death.

    If the cop can convince the jury that a reasonable police officer in his position would not know that choking someone for 7 minutes can kill them, then maybe he can beat it.
    Good luck with that, I don't think anyone that has seen the video will fall for that. I would say he is going to jail for a long time, but I doubt he lasts long inside.

  6. #136
    Guru
    dave8383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Boston Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: 4 Minneapolis officers fired after arrest of man who later died

    Quote Originally Posted by dairyair View Post
    Why isn't the killer in jail?
    Good question.

  7. #137
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    125,343

    Re: 4 Minneapolis officers fired after arrest of man who later died

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctorWasIn View Post
    Should have known means quite a lot - it means people can't beat murder raps by pretending they didn't know their actions would lead to someone's death.

    If the cop can convince the jury that a reasonable police officer in his position would not know that choking someone for 7 minutes can kill them, then maybe he can beat it.
    The cop don't have to prove jack ****...lol. Neither does his lawyer.

    If you shoot someone and they die, that's murder.

    If you punch someone and they die, that's man slaughter.

    In this cop's case, you would have to prove that 1. Floyd was actually choked to death and 2. The cop knew that he was causing death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexedgar View Post
    I always got Aunt Jemima and Mrs. Butterworth mixed up!
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Open up the concentration camps! Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Only if there are ovens.

  8. #138
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    125,343

    Re: 4 Minneapolis officers fired after arrest of man who later died

    Quote Originally Posted by dairyair View Post
    A video of you with your knee on the back of another man's neck who dies, will land you in jail.
    For manslaughter, not murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexedgar View Post
    I always got Aunt Jemima and Mrs. Butterworth mixed up!
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Open up the concentration camps! Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Only if there are ovens.

  9. #139
    Professor
    gulfman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,084

    Re: 4 Minneapolis officers fired after arrest of man who later died

    The black guy wasn't jogging,wasn't bird watching,He commit a crime of some type.Different circumstances this time.

  10. #140
    Guru TheDoctorWasIn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    In the center of it all.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,953

    Re: 4 Minneapolis officers fired after arrest of man who later died

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The cop don't have to prove jack ****...lol. Neither does his lawyer.

    If you shoot someone and they die, that's murder.

    If you punch someone and they die, that's man slaughter.

    In this cop's case, you would have to prove that 1. Floyd was actually choked to death and 2. The cop knew that he was causing death.
    No, this just isn't how it all works.
    Don't believe something just because you want to.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •