Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Coronavirus layoffs disproportionately hurt black and Latino workers: 'It’s almost like doomsday is

  1. #11
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    68,796

    Re: Coronavirus layoffs disproportionately hurt black and Latino workers: 'It’s almost like doomsd

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    That's what I hate about lefties. Anytime a minority gets the short end of the stick it is automatically labeled racist, bigoted, whatever. Unfortunately, the virus thing is what it is.
    You're the first person in this thread to use the words "racist" or "bigoted." Maybe your problem is that you perceive even mentioning race to be "crying racism."
    So nobody forgets, you're welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashmont
    Remember Mashmont's predictions, people. Only 10,400 deaths, max. Only 130,000 COVID cases, max. This wouldn't make a garden variety flu season. Can you say hoax?

  2. #12
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    3,551

    Re: Coronavirus layoffs disproportionately hurt black and Latino workers: 'It’s almost like doomsd

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You're the first person in this thread to use the words "racist" or "bigoted." Maybe your problem is that you perceive even mentioning race to be "crying racism."
    Bingo. Reporting the fact that economic hardship tends to harm minorities and the poor disproportionately isn't about crying racism, it's just recognizing a societal truth. Like how the vast majority of suicides by gun are done by white men. That isn't a racist fact, it's just a fact.


  3. #13
    Sage
    Moderate Right's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    43,706

    Re: Coronavirus layoffs disproportionately hurt black and Latino workers: 'It’s almost like doomsd

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You're the first person in this thread to use the words "racist" or "bigoted." Maybe your problem is that you perceive even mentioning race to be "crying racism."
    The left cry racism every single time a minority gets the short end of the stick and accuse whites of having white privilege. Just being white makes you a disgusting privileged person.

  4. #14
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    3,551

    Re: Coronavirus layoffs disproportionately hurt black and Latino workers: 'It’s almost like doomsd

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The left cry racism every single time a minority gets the short end of the stick and accuse whites of having white privilege. Just being white makes you a disgusting privileged person.
    Aww you poor victim you. Here is a tissue...

  5. #15
    No Shame!
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,550

    Re: Coronavirus layoffs disproportionately hurt black and Latino workers: 'It’s almost like doomsd

    Quote Originally Posted by roberthughey View Post
    Just look at the states where mandatory shut downs have occurred. The economic hurt is far worse for those people of color.

    ---------------------------

    Coronavirus layoffs disproportionately hurt black and Latino workers: 'Its almost like doomsday is coming'

    WASHINGTON Opal Foster went to work last Wednesday at a small printing company in Rockville, Maryland. By lunchtime, the graphic designer had been laid off.

    The companys main customers private schools, entertainment venues and national museums had closed because of the coronavirus outbreak, so business had nearly come to a halt.

    The single mother, who has a son with Down syndrome, will rely on some freelancing to help make ends meet and turn to family and area food banks to help fill her cupboards.

    For the short-term, thats the Band-Aid on the wound, said Foster, 45, who is African American. But that doesnt pay my car note. That doesnt pay my rent.

    Foster is among thousands of employees at small businesses, restaurants, hotels, bars and manufacturing companies who lost their jobs in recent days because of the pandemic. Civil rights groups worry those workers, many of whom are people of color, will be sent in a downward spiral, scraping to pay bills and feed their families.

    Coronavirus unemployment: Job layoffs hurting blacks, Latinos the most
    So democrats by overreacting have hurt the black and Latino workers whove been doing well because of Donald Trump...
    What socialized medicine REALLY means, sometimes the mask slips!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheist 2020 View Post
    I do not see were a woman has the right to take a child to full term.
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  6. #16
    Sage
    RetiredUSN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Norfolk Virginia area.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,014

    Re: Coronavirus layoffs disproportionately hurt black and Latino workers: 'It’s almost like doomsd

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Well this cant hurt poor voters in red trailer park America, theyre immune because they dont have jobs to be laid off from.
    Someone from Chicago talking about trailer trash when the south side of his city is slammed full urban takers.

    Good job Henry!
    Its easier to run for office than to run the office.
    Tip O'Niell

  7. #17
    Sage
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chi-town
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    7,241

    Re: Coronavirus layoffs disproportionately hurt black and Latino workers: 'It’s almost like doomsd

    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredUSN View Post
    Someone from Chicago talking about trailer trash when the south side of his city is slammed full urban takers.

    Good job Henry!
    Yeah? What's the difference between those in the city on welfare and someone in the middle of nowhere Kentucky and Mississippi collecting welfare? I know! Do you?
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

  8. #18
    Sage
    RetiredUSN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Norfolk Virginia area.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,014

    Re: Coronavirus layoffs disproportionately hurt black and Latino workers: 'It’s almost like doomsd

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Yeah? What's the difference between those in the city on welfare and someone in the middle of nowhere Kentucky and Mississippi collecting welfare? I know! Do you?
    But, you went straight to trailer trash with your post.

    It's so typical for you hypocrites that supposedly call for unity.

    You are so full of crap it isn't funny.

    Garbage in, garbage out. You are no better than the average troll.
    Its easier to run for office than to run the office.
    Tip O'Niell

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,505

    Re: Coronavirus layoffs disproportionately hurt black and Latino workers: 'It’s almost like doomsd

    Quote Originally Posted by roberthughey View Post
    Just look at the states where mandatory shut downs have occurred. The economic hurt is far worse for those people of color.

    ---------------------------

    Coronavirus layoffs disproportionately hurt black and Latino workers: 'It’s almost like doomsday is coming'

    WASHINGTON – Opal Foster went to work last Wednesday at a small printing company in Rockville, Maryland. By lunchtime, the graphic designer had been laid off.

    The company’s main customers – private schools, entertainment venues and national museums – had closed because of the coronavirus outbreak, so business had nearly come to a halt.

    The single mother, who has a son with Down syndrome, will rely on some freelancing to help make ends meet and turn to family and area food banks to help fill her cupboards.

    “For the short-term, that’s the Band-Aid on the wound,” said Foster, 45, who is African American. “But that doesn’t pay my car note. That doesn’t pay my rent.”

    Foster is among thousands of employees at small businesses, restaurants, hotels, bars and manufacturing companies who lost their jobs in recent days because of the pandemic. Civil rights groups worry those workers, many of whom are people of color, will be sent in a downward spiral, scraping to pay bills and feed their families.

    Coronavirus unemployment: Job layoffs hurting blacks, Latinos the most
    Unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States can help with this dilemma in a market friendly manner. The infrastructure is already in place in our Republic.
    Last edited by danielpalos; 03-25-20 at 06:27 PM.

  10. #20
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    68,796

    Re: Coronavirus layoffs disproportionately hurt black and Latino workers: 'It’s almost like doomsd

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The left cry racism every single time a minority gets the short end of the stick and accuse whites of having white privilege. Just being white makes you a disgusting privileged person.
    Again, you're the only one actually saying this.
    So nobody forgets, you're welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashmont
    Remember Mashmont's predictions, people. Only 10,400 deaths, max. Only 130,000 COVID cases, max. This wouldn't make a garden variety flu season. Can you say hoax?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •