Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Harvey Weinstein Verdict Is Reached: Live Updates

  1. #21
    Professor
    Michael Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen - Where I cook idiots for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
    Last Seen
    03-25-20 @ 01:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,494

    Re: Harvey Weinstein Verdict Is Reached: Live Updates

    Only in America can a man be imprisoned for having consensual sex because of a disgruntled female's emotions after he left her by the wayside.
    Lying Libs and Feminist Thots are trash. Get over it.

  2. #22
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Seen
    04-04-20 @ 09:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,199

    Re: Harvey Weinstein Verdict Is Reached: Live Updates

    Weinstein probably won't be in 29 years. I doubt he'll get 10-15 years. I will bet he will get only 5 years, but knowing the state of New York, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets out sooner than that. I hope that I'm EXTREMELY wrong on all this and he does due time for 29 years (although he should be locked up the rest of his life), but don't hold your breath on it. I still contend that the people that KNEW that all this was going on should had went to the authorities when they first received the stories (making them accessories to it to one degree), and should had caught all sorts of hell for not doing that, but too late now. Oh well. Either way, I'm not jumping up and down with joy just yet until I know this guy goes away for a LONG time. So, yeah, I'm hoping he gets 29 years.

  3. #23
    Guru
    Stealers Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,688

    Re: Harvey Weinstein Verdict Is Reached: Live Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by JMaximus View Post
    It is hard to imagine what evidence could have actually been available after all these years to prove these matters beyond a reasonable doubt.
    Did you feel the same way when the Bill Cosby verdict came down?

    You don't have to imagine. The trial was public. There were observers present every day, even journalists. Imagine that!

    Apparently, the jurors found the prosecution's witnesses (at least some of them) credible beyond a reasonable doubt.

  4. #24
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,422

    Re: Harvey Weinstein Verdict Is Reached: Live Updates

    Something is better than nothing.

  5. #25
    Guru swing_voter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    'Murica
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,868

    Re: Harvey Weinstein Verdict Is Reached: Live Updates

    Five charges? That means there were dozens of crimes he committed but the victims didn't want to come forward. That's how all these cases are.

  6. #26
    Sage

    OldFatGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,150
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Harvey Weinstein Verdict Is Reached: Live Updates

    Harvey will never do a day of time. Now come the appeals. And more appeals.
    What kind of a man is a man who has not left this world a better place?

    No one is in control.

  7. #27
    Sage


    Trippy Trekker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Tampa Bay area
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    6,337

    Re: Harvey Weinstein Verdict Is Reached: Live Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Harvey will never do a day of time. Now come the appeals. And more appeals.
    He does not remain free while appealing. He faces sentencing March 11th.

    The judge ordered Harvey remanded. He left the courtroom in handcuffs.

    One of the defense attorneys addressed reporters and claimed 1. the judge agreed to hospitalization based on Harvey's current medical status and 2. guaranteed an appeal.

  8. #28
    Professor
    JMaximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Upper Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,596

    Re: Harvey Weinstein Verdict Is Reached: Live Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealers Wheel View Post
    Did you feel the same way when the Bill Cosby verdict came down?

    You don't have to imagine. The trial was public. There were observers present every day, even journalists. Imagine that!

    Apparently, the jurors found the prosecution's witnesses (at least some of them) credible beyond a reasonable doubt.
    Not sure what Bill Cosby has to do with this but I suspect it's nothing.

    Anyway, I didn't watch or really follow either trial too closely. My question could probably apply to both.

    I genuinely cannot imagine what kind of evidence could persist for so long to prove (beyond a reasonable doubt) the crimes in question. From a high level read, I don't know of any being presented.

    But maybe I missed it - hence my question.
    Last edited by JMaximus; 02-24-20 at 05:18 PM.

  9. #29
    Guru
    Stealers Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,688

    Re: Harvey Weinstein Verdict Is Reached: Live Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by JMaximus View Post

    I genuinely cannot imagine what kind of evidence could persist for so long to prove (beyond a reasonable doubt) the crimes in question. From a high level read, I don't know of any being presented.

    But maybe I missed it - hence my question.
    Yeah, apparently you did miss it. Apparently the jury did not.

  10. #30
    Sage

    OldFatGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,150
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Harvey Weinstein Verdict Is Reached: Live Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Trippy Trekker View Post
    He does not remain free while appealing. He faces sentencing March 11th.

    The judge ordered Harvey remanded. He left the courtroom in handcuffs.

    One of the defense attorneys addressed reporters and claimed 1. the judge agreed to hospitalization based on Harvey's current medical status and 2. guaranteed an appeal.
    After he files for the appeal, new bail will be set. His hospital of choice, NY Cornell Columbia Presbyterian. Have you seen their VIP suites? Better than most A class hotels.

    The handcuffs were removed as his limo took him to the hospital. Plus his hands were cuffed in front so he could use his walker. He's definitely a menace to society.
    What kind of a man is a man who has not left this world a better place?

    No one is in control.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •