Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 278

Thread: 'What was that all about?': Donald Trump mocks Oscars winner Parasite

  1. #51
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    04-06-20 @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,025

    Re: 'What was that all about?': Donald Trump mocks Oscars winner Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Non-Americans are finding it increasingly difficult to understand how the man became the "Leader of the Free World" How much pettier and disconnected from serious matters can he wander?


    Nice dig
    Before I finish this thread, wonder if anyone will recall that Trump mentioned not only GWTW but also SUNSET BOULEVARD?

    I'm betting not...

  2. #52
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    04-06-20 @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,025

    Re: 'What was that all about?': Donald Trump mocks Oscars winner Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    True - but the point I was trying to make: Why is he even talking about the Oscars at a political rally? Then, of course, there is the not so subtle reference to the "Good Ol' Days" when he mentions Gone With the Wind
    Is the reference to SUNSET BOULEVARD also an evocation of the Good Old Days?

  3. #53
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    04-06-20 @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,025

    Re: 'What was that all about?': Donald Trump mocks Oscars winner Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas View Post
    I'm sorry where have the Oscars lashed out at Trump specifically? Typical Beta Trump supporters.
    It would be easier to point an Oscar ceremony since 2016 where NO ONE made some acidulous comment about Trump and his regime.

  4. #54
    Guru Pound4abrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Maine
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,248

    Re: 'What was that all about?': Donald Trump mocks Oscars winner Parasite

    My god how snowflakey.

  5. #55
    Sage
    ElChupacabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    The Garden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,732

    Re: 'What was that all about?': Donald Trump mocks Oscars winner Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Non-Americans are finding it increasingly difficult to understand how the man became the "Leader of the Free World" How much pettier and disconnected from serious matters can he wander?


    Nice dig
    Trump and complexity don't mix really well.

  6. #56
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,802

    Re: 'What was that all about?': Donald Trump mocks Oscars winner Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
    It would be easier to point an Oscar ceremony since 2016 where NO ONE made some acidulous comment about Trump and his regime.
    Again oscars is an organization. Feel free to post someone from the organization doing that. Your other trump loving buddies have failed to produce even one from the organization itself. Trump supporters like to whine but they canít produce ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    Which is greater, the life of the baby or a womans "rights"??????
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas
    Yes, we know that you don't care Trump bragged about walking in on underage girls naked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And that bothers you because????????

  7. #57
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    04-06-20 @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,025

    Re: 'What was that all about?': Donald Trump mocks Oscars winner Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by Pound4abrown View Post
    My god how snowflakey.
    You've inadvertently characterized your own post, if you just leave out the word "snow."

    Going back to Somerville's no doubt sincerely meant question, the reason Trump assailed the Oscars could have any number of reasons. He's probably aware that they joke about him, but that by itself wouldn't be enough reason to acknowledge the program. Possibly he realized that a lot of people were stunned that Best Picture, among other categories, went to a foreign film almost no American had seen, and that he could satirize the Hollywood elite by making fun of their choice. That's why Trump specifically mentioned the fact that the film wasn't confined to the "foreign film" category. Certainly "Parasite" isn't the first one to get such a nomination, but at least a couple of "double nominees" were accessible films like LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL and CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON. PARASITE may or may not be a good film in my eyes, but I think Trump was just having fun by poking at the Hollywood liberals.

  8. #58
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    04-06-20 @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,025

    Re: 'What was that all about?': Donald Trump mocks Oscars winner Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas View Post
    Again oscars is an organization. Feel free to post someone from the organization doing that. Your other trump loving buddies have failed to produce even one from the organization itself. Trump supporters like to whine but they can’t produce ****.
    Actually, AlphaOmega implicated "the acting community," not the Oscar organization. You're the one who invented that particular straw man.

  9. #59
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    04-06-20 @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,025

    Re: 'What was that all about?': Donald Trump mocks Oscars winner Parasite

    Also, since others have accused the GWTW remark as evidence of Trump's racism, I'll note that GWTW is not a racist movie just because ultraliberals are comfortable saying so.

  10. #60
    Sage
    j brown's body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    5,505

    Re: 'What was that all about?': Donald Trump mocks Oscars winner Parasite

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Robert Byrd was a dem so was Hillary. Have you been lifelong friends with any KKK members? I have not.
    I must have missed them in Parasite.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •