Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 574

Thread: Prosecutor withdraws from Roger Stone case

  1. #321
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    03-27-20 @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,355

    Re: Prosecutor withdraws from Roger Stone case

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    That's what this thread is about.

    In this memorandum, the government backed away from not only the eight-point enhancement, but the other enhancements as well. While the supplemental memorandum fell short of completely retracting the prior memorandum, its revised sentencing recommendation of a sentence “far less” than 78 to 108 months speaks volumes.

    Why A Nine-Year Prison Sentence For Roger Stone Is Insane
    I know what the thread is about.
    Your saying (previous post) that the DOJ disregarded its own "sentencing guidelines because Trump told it to in order to benefit a friend" is not supported in anything you provided. Not in the OP's article, or in the one you linked to. The article you linked to even [points that out.
    Yet, as per usual, there is no evidence, and the president has denied, that he spoke to anyone at the U.S. Department of Justice about Stone’s sentencing.

    Then we have the tweet from Catherine Herridge at CBS

    #RogerStone Senior DOJ official tells @CBSNews Department was shocked to see sentencing recommendation Stone case. This is not what was briefed to Dept. The Dept. believes recommendation is extreme, excessive, grossly disproportionate to offenses…#DEVELOPING
    — Catherine Herridge (@CBS_Herridge) February 11, 2020

    That makes it seem as though the Prosecutors were trying to get away with bs and were caught.


    So you have no evidence to support your claim.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #322
    Educator Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    NYC, USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    893

    Re: Prosecutor withdraws from Roger Stone case

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I know what the thread is about.
    Your saying (previous post) that the DOJ disregarded its own "sentencing guidelines because Trump told it to in order to benefit a friend" is not supported in anything you provided. Not in the OP's article, or in the one you linked to. The article you linked to even [points that out.
    Yet, as per usual, there is no evidence, and the president has denied, that he spoke to anyone at the U.S. Department of Justice about Stone’s sentencing.

    Then we have the tweet from Catherine Herridge at CBS

    #RogerStone Senior DOJ official tells @CBSNews Department was shocked to see sentencing recommendation Stone case. This is not what was briefed to Dept. The Dept. believes recommendation is extreme, excessive, grossly disproportionate to offenses…#DEVELOPING
    — Catherine Herridge (@CBS_Herridge) February 11, 2020

    That makes it seem as though the Prosecutors were trying to get away with bs and were caught.


    So you have no evidence to support your claim.
    Oh, I don't play that game. If you want to pretend that Trump's indirect mob speak doesn't convey directions, then we don't have a basis for conversation. The DOJ went through a process before it submitted the original memo to the judge. Trump's tweet changed that in two days. There was no other intervening influence. And there is no way that the prosecutors didn't have their memo approved.
    "There was a child went forth every day,
    And the first object he look'd upon, that object he became"
    --Walt Whitman

  3. #323
    Eco**Social Marketeer


    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    PNW
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Prosecutor withdraws from Roger Stone case

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I know what the thread is about.
    Your saying (previous post) that the DOJ disregarded its own "sentencing guidelines because Trump told it to in order to benefit a friend" is not supported in anything you provided. Not in the OP's article, or in the one you linked to. The article you linked to even [points that out.
    Yet, as per usual, there is no evidence, and the president has denied, that he spoke to anyone at the U.S. Department of Justice about Stone’s sentencing.

    Then we have the tweet from Catherine Herridge at CBS

    #RogerStone Senior DOJ official tells @CBSNews Department was shocked to see sentencing recommendation Stone case. This is not what was briefed to Dept. The Dept. believes recommendation is extreme, excessive, grossly disproportionate to offenses…#DEVELOPING
    — Catherine Herridge (@CBS_Herridge) February 11, 2020

    That makes it seem as though the Prosecutors were trying to get away with bs and were caught.


    So you have no evidence to support your claim.
    Here's your support and evidence: Justice Department's updated sentencing memo for Trump ally Roger Stone (CNN). Now, can you please stop pretending what is obviously going on isn't what is happening?

  4. #324
    Educator Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    NYC, USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    893

    Re: Prosecutor withdraws from Roger Stone case

    Quote Originally Posted by NWRatCon View Post
    Here's your support and evidence: Justice Department's updated sentencing memo for Trump ally Roger Stone (CNN). Now, can you please stop pretending what is obviously going on isn't what is happening?
    I gave him an editorial from The Federalist because it actually attempts to support his position. He wouldn't accept that, so I can't imagine the same news reported by CNN is going to sway him..
    "There was a child went forth every day,
    And the first object he look'd upon, that object he became"
    --Walt Whitman

  5. #325
    Eco**Social Marketeer


    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    PNW
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Prosecutor withdraws from Roger Stone case

    Barr takes control of legal matters of interest to Trump, including Stone sentencing (NBC). If people can't recognize what's wrong with this picture, they must have glued their eyes shut with super glue.

  6. #326
    Educator Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    NYC, USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    893

    Re: Prosecutor withdraws from Roger Stone case

    Quote Originally Posted by NWRatCon View Post
    Barr takes control of legal matters of interest to Trump, including Stone sentencing (NBC). If people can't recognize what's wrong with this picture, they must have glued their eyes shut with super glue.
    It's breathtakingly terrifying. Barr is doing exactly what Trump hired him to do. And the Senate confirmed him.
    "There was a child went forth every day,
    And the first object he look'd upon, that object he became"
    --Walt Whitman

  7. #327
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    03-27-20 @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,355

    Re: Prosecutor withdraws from Roger Stone case

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Oh, I don't play that game. If you want to pretend that Trump's indirect mob speak doesn't convey directions, then we don't have a basis for conversation. The DOJ went through a process before it submitted the original memo to the judge. Trump's tweet changed that in two days. There was no other intervening influence. And there is no way that the prosecutors didn't have their memo approved.
    iLOL You are playing a game. A very stupid one at that.
    You are engaged in make believe.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #328
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    03-27-20 @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,355

    Re: Prosecutor withdraws from Roger Stone case

    Quote Originally Posted by NWRatCon View Post
    Here's your support and evidence: Justice Department's updated sentencing memo for Trump ally Roger Stone (CNN). Now, can you please stop pretending what is obviously going on isn't what is happening?
    So you choose to engage in make believe also? Figures.

    That is evidence of a change in sentencing recommendations, not evidence or support for the claims regarding why those changes were made.
    Do you really not understand that?
    Last edited by Excon; 02-13-20 at 03:38 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #329
    Eco**Social Marketeer


    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    PNW
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Prosecutor withdraws from Roger Stone case

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    So you choose to engage in make believe also? Figures.

    That is evidence of a change in sentencing recommendations, not the claims regarding why those changes were made.
    Do you really not understand that?
    If you can't be bothered to read what's in front of you (you can see who signed the sentencing memo), I can't be bothered to read your repeated inanities. A) You don't know what you're taking about, B) You seem more interested in repetitious insults than rational discussion, C) You don't seem inclined to exercise reason, and D) You're incredibly dishonest. I'm done with you. Please don't respond, it will be a waste of everyone's time.

  10. #330
    Educator Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    NYC, USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    893

    Re: Prosecutor withdraws from Roger Stone case

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    iLOL You are playing a game. A very stupid one at that.
    You are engaged in make believe.
    That's what Trump supporters have been saying for four years. I don't care anymore. They can believe whatever they want to believe, but somewhere deep down, I'm pretty sure most of them know that they don't believe what they claim to believe. If you do, that's not my problem nor a correction I intend to undertake.
    "There was a child went forth every day,
    And the first object he look'd upon, that object he became"
    --Walt Whitman

Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •