Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 181

Thread: As others stand at attention for anthem, Trump fidgets, points, pretend-conducts the band

  1. #101
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    03-17-20 @ 05:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    387

    Re: As others stand at attention for anthem, Trump fidgets, points, pretend-conducts the band

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    It was at the golf club. Since everyone else was standing with their hands over their hearts you would think the President would too.

    Once again he was trying to get all the attention on himself. Simply makes him look like the drunk uncle.
    Not everyone. There are several, even in the narrow view they can be seen.

  2. #102
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,260

    Re: As others stand at attention for anthem, Trump fidgets, points, pretend-conducts the band

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
    Not everyone. There are several, even in the narrow view they can be seen.
    Ok, I stand corrected. Am just surprised he can move around like that with those bone spurs and all.

  3. #103
    Conservatarian Guru
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,511

    Re: As others stand at attention for anthem, Trump fidgets, points, pretend-conducts the band

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Yet you apparently missed the part where I said the instant Sharpie issue wasn't that big a deal in itself but the constant barrage of man-baby BS coming from your boy is the problem. And the behavior a rational person wouldn't tolerate in say a childcare provider, but you cheer and gloss over when it comes from the idiot you elected president.
    Nope, didn't miss that either. Interesting the you resort to a constant barrage to attack Trump's/
    Obama: High unemployment and slow growth are the new normal
    Trump: No they're not

  4. #104
    Sage
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,454

    Re: As others stand at attention for anthem, Trump fidgets, points, pretend-conducts the band

    Quote Originally Posted by Metric Mouse View Post
    Calm down Vern. If you have a problem with hypocritical "conservatives" (whatever that means) take it up with them. I have not mentioned any other presidents in this thread, nor have I made any comments on any other presidential dietary choices or clothing styles. There has been no hypocrisy on my part, nor do you seem to have any inkling of my "standards."

    The only thing that makes Trump's actions (in this particular instance) worthy of discussion is your own obsession with bashing people you perceive to have different political views than yours. The partisan line drawing and demonization of other Americans percieved as "diferent" than oneself is the real problem.

    Trump's distracted fidgeting is objectively a non issue, and only designed to deflect from the other, real problems facing America. And obsessing over it only serves to exacerbate some of those problems. Anyone that would defend one president bowing to the leader of a country that sponsors worldwide terrorism but then attack Trump for being childishly distracted during a private sports event is the one who is displaying hypocrisy.
    MM, you were posting as if trump’s actions were not a big deal. I responded directly your “whats the big deal” post and clearly explained the significance of trumps flamingly gutless hypocrisy. And I clearly explained the flamingly gutless hypocrisy of conservatives also makes it worthy of discussion. You are not responding to my points. You’re flailing and deflecting. And you’re really overworking the dumb routine with “hypocritical conservatives (whatever that means)”.

    Read this slowly, you don’t need to mention “other presidents” for me to explain why trump's (or yours) flaming gutless hypocrisy is worthy of discussion. Again, you and yours obediently ranted and raved whenever President Obama did anything real or imagined. And look, you feel the obedient need to lash out at President Obama bowing to the king of SA. Isnt that you mentioning “other presidents? And “wah wah he bowed” is exactly what trying to make a big deal out of nothing looks like. Read this slowly, Trump made the national athem an issue all by himself. so his flamingly gutless hypocrisy is worthy of discussion. And you still trying to make a big deal about bowing only proves my point about conservative hypocrisy.

    As usual, conservatives cant respond to my points so they deflect and flail. Look how Bullseye, gives up on the flailing and deflecting and goes right to the “whine about vern” post. That’s your future.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    Ah, Vern, my friend, I always enjoy your posts for their slightly off-kilter, unfocused nonsense. Keep it up, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredUSN View Post
    and I turn down more work than I accept to avoid hiring Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    What proof is there Qaddafi ordered or financed that bombing? ......Qaddafi had the integrity to fight with his military. I don't believe he used terrorists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You claim the economy was destroyed when Bush left office

  5. #105
    Educator Metric Mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,096

    Re: As others stand at attention for anthem, Trump fidgets, points, pretend-conducts the band

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    MM, you were posting as if trump’s actions were not a big deal. I responded directly your “whats the big deal” post and clearly explained the significance of trumps flamingly gutless hypocrisy. And I clearly explained the flamingly gutless hypocrisy of conservatives also makes it worthy of discussion. You are not responding to my points. You’re flailing and deflecting. And you’re really overworking the dumb routine with “hypocritical conservatives (whatever that means)”.

    Read this slowly, you don’t need to mention “other presidents” for me to explain why trump's (or yours) flaming gutless hypocrisy is worthy of discussion. Again, you and yours obediently ranted and raved whenever President Obama did anything real or imagined. And look, you feel the obedient need to lash out at President Obama bowing to the king of SA. Isnt that you mentioning “other presidents? And “wah wah he bowed” is exactly what trying to make a big deal out of nothing looks like. Read this slowly, Trump made the national athem an issue all by himself. so his flamingly gutless hypocrisy is worthy of discussion. And you still trying to make a big deal about bowing only proves my point about conservative hypocrisy.

    As usual, conservatives cant respond to my points so they deflect and flail. Look how Bullseye, gives up on the flailing and deflecting and goes right to the “whine about vern” post. That’s your future.
    So your problem isn't with President Trump fidgeting during the anthem at a private party, it is that some imaginary conservatives "ranted and raved whenever Obama did anything real or imagined." Thank you for admitting that. You are clearly engaged in the same "wah wah he fidgeted" crying, making a big deal of nothing that you are accusing others of. (And which I have pointedly not engaged in, which is why you have to point to made up "conservatives" instead of quoting my words. )

    Again, President Trump fidgeting during a private event, while silly when taken out of context, is objectively not a big deal. Only in your head is this some "gotcha" to "hypocritical conservatives" who criticized some other president that you seem to slavishly struggle to protect from criticism. There are real issues facing America, and they can best be solved by "conservatives" and "liberals" joining together to address them; bickering back and forth over mustard choices and chair arrangements is petty and unproductive - and *that* is the behavior that should be called out.

    Again, the fact that you are criticizing one president and not the other, or dismissing one side's actions and not the other, is displaying your hypocrisy and is not actually revealing "conservative's" hypocrisy. It is telling that you attack a group for being hypocritical while offering no evidence, and when challenged label anyone who disagrees with you on *any* point part of that group, even when they are objectively not.

    (By telling, I mean to say it reveals the utter weakness of the argument.)

  6. #106
    Sage
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,454

    Re: As others stand at attention for anthem, Trump fidgets, points, pretend-conducts the band

    Quote Originally Posted by Metric Mouse View Post
    So your problem isn't with President Trump fidgeting during the anthem at a private party, it is that some imaginary conservatives "ranted and raved whenever Obama did anything real or imagined." Thank you for admitting that. You are clearly engaged in the same "wah wah he fidgeted" crying, making a big deal of nothing that you are accusing others of. (And which I have pointedly not engaged in, which is why you have to point to made up "conservatives" instead of quoting my words. )

    Again, President Trump fidgeting during a private event, while silly when taken out of context, is objectively not a big deal. Only in your head is this some "gotcha" to "hypocritical conservatives" who criticized some other president that you seem to slavishly struggle to protect from criticism. There are real issues facing America, and they can best be solved by "conservatives" and "liberals" joining together to address them; bickering back and forth over mustard choices and chair arrangements is petty and unproductive - and *that* is the behavior that should be called out.

    Again, the fact that you are criticizing one president and not the other, or dismissing one side's actions and not the other, is displaying your hypocrisy and is not actually revealing "conservative's" hypocrisy. It is telling that you attack a group for being hypocritical while offering no evidence, and when challenged label anyone who disagrees with you on *any* point part of that group, even when they are objectively not.

    (By telling, I mean to say it reveals the utter weakness of the argument.)
    As expected, you’re having a hard time following a clear point. Let me type this very slowly for you. I clearly stated trump’s actions are worthy of discussion because trump made “showing respect during the anthem” an issue. It shows his hypocrisy. I also stated it was worthy of discussion because you and yours made everything President Obama did (real and imagined) an issue. That shows your hypocrisy. Both of those points address yours and every other conservative’s obedient “what’s the big deal” post.

    I’ve posted several examples where conservatives ranted about insignificant things such as mustard choice, suit color and fist bumping. Digger mentioned saluting with a coffee in his hand and you mentioned the bowing incident. Of course the bowing thing was a big deal to you. Your conservative masters told you it was. Anyhoo, I find it quite odd that you think I should prove a point that you are clearly aware of. But then you’ve already pretended to not know that conservatives literally foamed at the mouth about deficits for 8 years and now sit obediently quiet. Pretending to be dumb is not debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredUSN View Post
    and I turn down more work than I accept to avoid hiring Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    What proof is there Qaddafi ordered or financed that bombing? ......Qaddafi had the integrity to fight with his military. I don't believe he used terrorists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You claim the economy was destroyed when Bush left office

  7. #107
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,310

    Re: As others stand at attention for anthem, Trump fidgets, points, pretend-conducts the band

    Quote Originally Posted by Metric Mouse View Post
    So your problem isn't with President Trump fidgeting during the anthem at a private party
    SO according to you respect has only to be shown when seen by others? How private is that party and what makes it private?

    There are real issues facing America
    None of which are being addressed by the fidgeting asshole.

    Again, the fact that you are criticizing one president and not the other
    WTF? How far back should one go?

    or dismissing one side's actions and not the other, is displaying your hypocrisy and is not actually revealing "conservative's" hypocrisy.
    And you are displaying ignorance and stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    It does not in fact bother me that poor people exist. They are supposed to, poverty is the default state of human existence.

  8. #108
    Educator Metric Mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,096

    Re: As others stand at attention for anthem, Trump fidgets, points, pretend-conducts the band

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    As expected, you’re having a hard time following a clear point. Let me type this very slowly for you. I clearly stated trump’s actions are worthy of discussion because trump made “showing respect during the anthem” an issue. It shows his hypocrisy. I also stated it was worthy of discussion because you and yours made everything President Obama did (real and imagined) an issue. That shows your hypocrisy. Both of those points address yours and every other conservative’s obedient “what’s the big deal” post.

    I’ve posted several examples where conservatives ranted about insignificant things such as mustard choice, suit color and fist bumping. Digger mentioned saluting with a coffee in his hand and you mentioned the bowing incident. Of course the bowing thing was a big deal to you. Your conservative masters told you it was. Anyhoo, I find it quite odd that you think I should prove a point that you are clearly aware of. But then you’ve already pretended to not know that conservatives literally foamed at the mouth about deficits for 8 years and now sit obediently quiet. Pretending to be dumb is not debate.
    Oh Vern, your absolute refusal to offer evidence of your claims is admirable, and you have not broken your streak in this thread!

    Do you have an example of someone "literally foaming at the mouth"? I'm not saying people didn't "literally foam at the mouth" about deficits, I'm just unaware of such an incident and would be fascinated to see it for myself. I was pretty young during the time period you described, so I could have missed it.

    As to the rest of your post, it was as bereft of evidence and filled with generalizations as always. I've not criticized Obama for bowing, fist bumping, mustard tasting or mustard wearing. A president wearing tan was not a big deal. Neither was saluting with coffee. Neither was President Trump fidgeting at a private party. I have never stated otherwise.

    Sure, President Trump engages in behavior very similar to behavior he has criticized in the past; but that's only newsworthy to people who have been under a rock since he was elected. I'm pretty sure there are zero of those people on this political forum. But his hypocrisy on some issues is only reflective of himself, and can't be generalized to others.

    Unless of course you're suggesting "conservatives" were correct to criticize previous presidents, and now wonder why they are not criticizing President Trump?
    Last edited by Metric Mouse; 02-06-20 at 09:10 AM.

  9. #109
    Educator Metric Mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,096

    Re: As others stand at attention for anthem, Trump fidgets, points, pretend-conducts the band

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    SO according to you respect has only to be shown when seen by others? How private is that party and what makes it private?

    None of which are being addressed by the fidgeting asshole.

    WTF? How far back should one go?

    And you are displaying ignorance and stupidity.
    I hold public figures to different standards depending upon the situation. For example: if Trump sings show tunes in the shower, who cares? If he sang show tunes during the State of the Union address, it would be inappropriate.

  10. #110
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,310

    Re: As others stand at attention for anthem, Trump fidgets, points, pretend-conducts the band

    Quote Originally Posted by Metric Mouse View Post
    I hold public figures to different standards depending upon the situation. For example: if Trump sings show tunes in the shower, who cares? If he sang show tunes during the State of the Union address, it would be inappropriate.
    How about answering the question(s) then?
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    It does not in fact bother me that poor people exist. They are supposed to, poverty is the default state of human existence.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •