Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 151

Thread: Michael Flynn moves to withdraw guilty plea, citing 'bad faith' by government

  1. #61
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:37 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,767

    Re: Michael Flynn moves to withdraw guilty plea, citing 'bad faith' by government

    Quote Originally Posted by SLC View Post
    Michael Flynn moves to withdraw guilty plea, citing '''bad faith''' by government | Fox News


    Former national security adviser Michael Flynn moved Tuesday to withdraw his guilty plea for lying to the FBI in the Russia probe, citing "bad faith" by the government.

    The court filing came just days after the Justice Department reversed course to recommend up to six months of prison time in his case, alleging he was not fully cooperating or accepting responsibility for his actions.

    But, in Tuesday’s court filing, his legal team said he moved to withdraw his plea "because of the government's bad faith, vindictiveness and breach of the plea agreement."

    "The prosecution has shown abject bad faith in pure retaliation against Mr. Flynn since he retained new counsel," Flynn’s attorneys wrote in the filing. "This can only be because with new, unconflicted counsel, Mr. Flynn refused to lie for the prosecution."

    The filing continued:"Justice is not a game, and there should be no room for such gamesmanship in the Department of Justice."

    In the court filing, Flynn's lawyers said the Justice Department is attempting to "rewrite history" by withdrawing its recommendation that he be sentenced to probation and by suggesting he had not been forthcoming or cooperative.

    ================================================== =============

    I hope Flynn wins. The state's case is very thin.
    Hilarious. Yet another reason Trump and his clown show are the laughing stocks of the world
    Supporting Trump, but claiming you are against racism...is like eating a Banana Split every day, but claiming you are against ice cream.

  2. #62
    Sage



    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,216

    Re: Michael Flynn moves to withdraw guilty plea, citing 'bad faith' by government

    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Kid View Post
    ...

    Why do you support such widespread corruption at the highest levels of this Administration?
    They're tribal. Prosecuting one of their tribe, no matter how justified the prosecution, is an affront to something. It's a corollary to IOKIYRAR.
    "The ship of democracy, which has weathered all storms, may sink through the mutiny of those on board." -- Grover Cleveland

  3. #63
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,433

    Re: Michael Flynn moves to withdraw guilty plea, citing 'bad faith' by government

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMOSS View Post
    THat is the claim of several far right web sites, and pseudo news organizations. Yet, no charges have been brought as of yet. It's just evaporated.
    You mean evaporated like all those charges against Manafort in 2007? They have a way of condensing and reappearing. It's magic.

  4. #64
    Sage

    RAMOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    40,181

    Re: Michael Flynn moves to withdraw guilty plea, citing 'bad faith' by government

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    You mean evaporated like all those charges against Manafort in 2007? They have a way of condensing and reappearing. It's magic.
    No idea, but I know he definitely went to jail for something.
    No one needs a war more than a politician who is being impeached

  5. #65
    Sage
    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,812

    Re: Michael Flynn moves to withdraw guilty plea, citing 'bad faith' by government

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    1. Please share the list of people including the bogus charges. Thanks in advance.

    Of the people on the campaign, transition team, etc. who were called to testify, how many were forced to work for Trump? I personally know of 2 people who were asked to work for Trump and turned down the offer. Both said in essence that they had no desire to be connected to what they believe(d) is a terribly unqualified and corrupt person. Everyone had and has a choice whether to work for Trump or not.

    The people who made the decision to be connected to Trump should have known the personal risks that they would be taking. Very few people, very few, who work for Trump have not had their reputations, careers, morals, and lives destroyed by and/or because of Trump. Perhaps using the huckster vernacular would be more appropriate: "You pays your money and you takes your chance."



    Not know to whom you refer until you share your list I can only say at this point if they had walked away as the first sign of **** getting thick they'd have had nothing to say and no need of lawyers. Also, you should know that no one is forced to hire top dollar lawyers in DC. Whine and complain about it but no one is forced to hire expensive lawyers. It's a matter of choice. That choice is part of the risk one takes working for Trump.



    It is unclear as to what you are saying ^^^, could you please flesh that out? Again the names of the people to which you are referring are needed otherwise your accusation has no credence. Thanks in advance again.



    Was Comey found to have broken the law regarding Flynn?
    The Mueller investigation encompassed 2,800 subpoenas, 500 search warrants and about 500 witnesses. That's a lot of people that had to hire lawyers to represent them. And in the end he concluded no American was found to have colluded with RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA. A lot of these people are like many working folks getting by but when you add the cost of an attorney that you had to retain for a period of time it sure did put a dent into their finances. Some are probably still paying for it.

  6. #66
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:37 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,168

    Re: Michael Flynn moves to withdraw guilty plea, citing 'bad faith' by government

    Again, no surprise here. The "Orange Man Bad" crowd simply have nothing else, except they don't like "Orange Man" and don't care if another person's life had been destroyed (they actually get joy out of that).

  7. #67
    Sage
    Atomic Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,416

    Re: Michael Flynn moves to withdraw guilty plea, citing 'bad faith' by government

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    See, you didn't say that. As for the prosecution of his son, members of Mueller's team stated it was to put more pressure on Flynn to plea bargain. Mueller employed that process multiple times as an FBI agent as well. The prosecution becomes the punishment because it is designed to ruin you.


    Will Michael Flynn Plead Guilty And Cooperate To Protect His Son?
    Any reasonable person would would been able to infer that without need for specification. I have no idea why you even included Clinesmith in this discussion in the first place. I was just ignored it as being another one your dumb strawman attempts to deflect from the issue at hand. If Flynn jr. got caught up in Flynn sr.'s criminal doings that's on Flynn Sr for allowing that to happen. Not the US government. Now where is your evidence for the claim that they had threatened to "bankrupt" Flynn jr with "endless litigation"?

  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,862

    Re: Michael Flynn moves to withdraw guilty plea, citing 'bad faith' by government

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkamer63 View Post
    Again, no surprise here. The "Orange Man Bad" crowd simply have nothing else, except they don't like "Orange Man" and don't care if another person's life had been destroyed (they actually get joy out of that).
    The hypocrisy of your post would be almost funny if it wasn't so pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    It does not in fact bother me that poor people exist. They are supposed to, poverty is the default state of human existence.

  9. #69
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,862

    Re: Michael Flynn moves to withdraw guilty plea, citing 'bad faith' by government

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    The Mueller investigation encompassed 2,800 subpoenas, 500 search warrants and about 500 witnesses. That's a lot of people that had to hire lawyers to represent them.
    Can you support that or this too is just part of the ignorant lies you spread?
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    It does not in fact bother me that poor people exist. They are supposed to, poverty is the default state of human existence.

  10. #70
    Advisor shades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    01-15-20 @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    343

    Re: Michael Flynn moves to withdraw guilty plea, citing 'bad faith' by government

    Michael Flynn, an American War hero get's treated like a criminal because Hillary lost an election, pretty pathetic to start with.

    Flynn will be out soon enough, all of the phony charges drummed up by the Democrats trying to squeeze people to turn on trump are just bumps in the road, real charges are pending.

    If I was Hunter Biden, or Quid pro Joe his father I'd be hiring some powerful lawyers.

    And never mind what Barr and Durham are about to turn over.

    fun times ahead, payback is a bitch in politics
    I'M VOTING FOR THE WHITE GUY THIS TIME

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •