Page 68 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 831

Thread: Pelosi directs House Democrats to proceed with articles of impeachment against Trump

  1. #671
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    23,084
    Blog Entries
    42

    Re: Pelosi directs House Democrats to proceed with articles of impeachment against Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    The constitutional question is what do we as society tolerate. The democrats are in a bad position, and the GOP is even worse. The dems are trying to hold this together, against essentially two warring factions. The GOP has simply sold itself to the base and is obstructionist to the absolute core. The dems will accept nothing but removal.

    Here's the key.

    No one trusts the legitimacy of 2020's election, and we haven't even had it yet. No one I know - on either side - trusts the outcome.

    That is why we are in a constitutional crisis area here.
    Hmm, I think you're correct. I've been told numerous times by some very good in the know folks that the Russians didn't interfere in our elections in 2016 to get Trump elected. They did so to sow doubt and mistrust in our election process. That is precisely what you hit upon.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  2. #672
    Social Democrat
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    39,189

    Re: Pelosi directs House Democrats to proceed with articles of impeachment against Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    The feeling is mutual my friend. I refuse to be part of the polarized political world filled with ultra high partisanship. My passion right now is directed to my forecasts, not impeachment and removal. But to get my forecasts correct, I must know where the public stands and how impeachment and removal process is effecting the up coming election races.
    Like you, I'm a number's guy. Good luck. It ain't gonna' be easy!
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  3. #673
    Sage
    GDViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    SW Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,444

    Re: Pelosi directs House Democrats to proceed with articles of impeachment against Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And yet over 50% of the Americans don't support this impeachment effort and keep ignoring what Johnathan Turley said in his testimony. Want me to post the video again?

    This is only an issue with you people because it is Trump. You cannot win on the issues, would not support impeachment if a Democrat did the same thing as claimed here showing just how partisan and biased you are. There is no compelling evidence for impeachment as this is purely political, will go nowhere in the Senate but it does set a dangerous precedence for the future. Guess we can count on your support when Republicans try to impeach a Democratic President based on politics?
    Nearly twice as many Americans are in favor of impeachment than at this point in Nixons.

    That number will explode as more and more information becomes general knowledge...

  4. #674
    Sage Trump's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Laguna Beach
    Last Seen
    12-30-19 @ 08:59 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,835

    Re: Pelosi directs House Democrats to proceed with articles of impeachment against Trump

    According to NBC, “Justice Department officials have said that Durham has found something significant, and that critics should be careful.”

  5. #675
    Social Democrat
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    39,189

    Re: Pelosi directs House Democrats to proceed with articles of impeachment against Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    The constitutional question is what do we as society tolerate. The democrats are in a bad position, and the GOP is even worse. The dems are trying to hold this together, against essentially two warring factions. The GOP has simply sold itself to the base and is obstructionist to the absolute core. The dems will accept nothing but removal.

    Here's the key.

    No one trusts the legitimacy of 2020's election, and we haven't even had it yet. No one I know - on either side - trusts the outcome.

    That is why we are in a constitutional crisis area here.
    Well said. In fact, it's classic Putin. But I do not share the blame equally. Putin found a willing shill in President Trump, along with a complicit Republican party. It's what happens when ethics are tossed aside, in favor of greed & power.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  6. #676
    Auslander
    Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    10,938

    Re: Pelosi directs House Democrats to proceed with articles of impeachment against Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    Well said. In fact, it's classic Putin. But I do not share the blame equally. Putin found a willing shill in President Trump, along with a complicit Republican party. It's what happens when ethics are tossed aside, in favor of greed & power.
    Agreed. And that's why this is a constitutional issue.
    #BDS

    No forgiveness here remains.

  7. #677
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    19,780

    Re: Pelosi directs House Democrats to proceed with articles of impeachment against Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    Well said. In fact, it's classic Putin. But I do not share the blame equally. Putin found a willing shill in President Trump, along with a complicit Republican party. It's what happens when ethics are tossed aside, in favor of greed & power.
    The problem is that the ethical foundation of our countries government has been rotted out from within
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  8. #678
    Auslander
    Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    10,938

    Re: Pelosi directs House Democrats to proceed with articles of impeachment against Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Hmm, I think you're correct. I've been told numerous times by some very good in the know folks that the Russians didn't interfere in our elections in 2016 to get Trump elected. They did so to sow doubt and mistrust in our election process. That is precisely what you hit upon.
    Exactly. No one will accept the outcome positive for the other side. This is an egregious destruction of the trust of the public.
    #BDS

    No forgiveness here remains.

  9. #679
    Social Democrat
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    39,189

    Re: Pelosi directs House Democrats to proceed with articles of impeachment against Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by GDViking View Post
    Nearly twice as many Americans are in favor of impeachment than at this point in Nixons.

    That number will explode as more and more information becomes general knowledge...
    We've only had an extremely limited number of impeachments, and each was unique. I do not believe there's enough instances to statistically extrapolate conclusions. That was a wordy way of saying I believe you are wrong in your conclusion. I think the numbers will remain hard and in the current stasis. No offense, intended.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  10. #680
    Auslander
    Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    10,938

    Re: Pelosi directs House Democrats to proceed with articles of impeachment against Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How can there be a legitimate discussion when you ignore the actual words spoken by Sondland and claim his testimony convicted Trump of a crime?

    How can there be a legitimate discussion when you stick to the belief that an impeachable offense based solely on politics will be accepted by the American people?

    How can there be a legitimate discussion when you claim over 53% of Americans support Impeachment when the number is somewhere between 42-48 at Realclear politics?

    I don't think there ever will be a legitimate discussion until you and others admit when wrong and move on to more pressing issues

    Oh by the way if you want to post the Mulvaney video then do so in context regarding the 2016 election and the Ukraine corruption, not anything about Biden
    1. I admitted I erred in posting the 53 percent number, but I guess you missed that.

    2. There won't he a legitimate discussion until you stop using ad hominem and generalizing and have a discussion about it instead of telling me what I think and believe.

    Does that clear it up for you?
    #BDS

    No forgiveness here remains.

Page 68 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •