Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 391

Thread: Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats’ impeachment report

  1. #41
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    10,975

    Re: Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats’ impeachment report

    Quote Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
    I'm ignoring your idiotic questions


    So you're running away. Again. Not surprised.

    that try to put someone into a false choice
    They are not a false choice, they are the only possible explanations. You have yet to provide any valid alternatives.

    So are you going to answer or run away?

    But read the link you put down there, it CLEARLY SHOWS....(unlike what the Democrats have done) it SHOWS that Trump has had long distrust of Ukraine and foreign aid in GENERAL....but I don't expect you to believe that, it didn't come from CNN.
    There's no need to post lies, I literally quoted that...are you going to address what I said?

    "C'mon, that is just absolutely laughable. If the President of the United States genuinely thought Ukraine was corrupt, why would he ask them to investigate a United States citizen? How unbelievably stupid is that logic and how unbelievably stupid does one have to be to actually believe that?"

    Please address that. If Trump has a long distrust and a "deep-seated" distrust of Ukraine due to "pervasive corruption", why would the President of the United States want them to investigate a United States citizen?

    Please answer that question. Or run away, which is what I suspect you will do.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Greenbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge, MA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,866

    Re: Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats’ impeachment report

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    *yawn* debunked already.
    have a nice day there was no testimony of anyone for 2 weeks that had evidence of quid pro quo or bribery.
    in fact at least 3 or so of the witnesses were not even there or had been fired.

    in fact all of the people that testified in fact testified that they had no evidence.
    facts don't care about your feelings.

    i have posted in this forum too many times to count so i am not doing it anymore.
    you want to ignore facts that is your choice. we can simply dismiss your argument.





  3. #43
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    2,282

    Re: Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats’ impeachment report

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    YOu mean facts that you refuse to acknowledge which have been posted to you time and time again.
    you see that is the problem with leftist. all they have is denial fallacies.
    even when given all of the information and what is exactly said they still hand wave and deny.

    The only partisan talking points are from leftist. Their own witnesses blew their up their accusations.
    no one had any evidence of quid pro quo, bribery or extortion.

    it was pretty obvious when they testified to it.
    so why do you ignore facts?
    Right.

    Every single one of them testified that they were being given every indication from their superiors that the President was withholding aid from Ukraine in order to get a public announcement of investigations into his political opponents. And, the President and their superiors all refused to testify themselves or hand over documents and evidence they claim exonerates them. It doesn't get more obvious than that and if Republican congressmen what to conspire with this President to push false Russian narratives on the American people I say let them. When they're all run out of office next year they can be indicted and tried right along side him.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    02-04-20 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    11,484

    Re: Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats’ impeachment report

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    *yawn* facts don't care about your feelings.
    THAT'S your defense?

    THAT is what you have left? To claim your leader's lies are "facts"?

    Dude, WAKE UP. Open your eyes! You've been meddled with! You've been mislead and fed a lie and now you refuse to accept it. It's alright dude. It's alright to admit what they've done to you and to hold them accountable.

    Holy. ****.

    These people have the blood of a reptile. Do not listen to them any longer!

  5. #45
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,906

    Re: Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats’ impeachment report

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I wonder what font size and spacing they had to use to get to 123 pages, lol.
    A lot of it is backed up with footnotes, references, etc.

    Regardless of what you think about it, they did a damn good job of backing up that paper, more than the Democrats did in the hearing.

    It nails it when it says Demorcrats are relying on how people felt, and are telling people how to feel, while Republicans are laying out the facts through quotes and testimony to back up their positions.

  6. #46
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,906

    Re: Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats’ impeachment report

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post


    So you're running away. Again. Not surprised.

    They are not a false choice, they are the only possible explanations. You have yet to provide any valid alternatives.

    So are you going to answer or run away?

    There's no need to post lies, I literally quoted that...are you going to address what I said?

    "C'mon, that is just absolutely laughable. If the President of the United States genuinely thought Ukraine was corrupt, why would he ask them to investigate a United States citizen? How unbelievably stupid is that logic and how unbelievably stupid does one have to be to actually believe that?"

    Please address that. If Trump has a long distrust and a "deep-seated" distrust of Ukraine due to "pervasive corruption", why would the President of the United States want them to investigate a United States citizen?

    Please answer that question. Or run away, which is what I suspect you will do.
    READ pages 32-36, it explains your questions bud, but again, you won't do it.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Englewood, Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    63,099

    Re: Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats’ impeachment report

    Quote Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
    A lot of it is backed up with footnotes, references, etc.

    Regardless of what you think about it, they did a damn good job of backing up that paper, more than the Democrats did in the hearing.

    It nails it when it says Demorcrats are relying on how people felt, and are telling people how to feel, while Republicans are laying out the facts through quotes and testimony to back up their positions.
    I mean, if the Trump administration hadn't been obstructing this entire time, allowed people with better knowledge to be called, and released documents subpoenaed by Congress, there might be more bite to the deflections.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #48
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    10,975

    Re: Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats’ impeachment report

    Quote Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
    A lot of it is backed up with footnotes, references, etc.

    Regardless of what you think about it, they did a damn good job of backing up that paper, more than the Democrats did in the hearing.

    It nails it when it says Demorcrats are relying on how people felt, and are telling people how to feel, while Republicans are laying out the facts through quotes and testimony to back up their positions.
    Only if you're willing to believe and accept lies which, as a Trump defender, you clearly are.


    Quote Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
    READ pages 32-36, it explains your questions bud, but again, you won't do it.
    I just read them. Nowhere does it answer my question.

    So I'll ask again and watch you run away again:


    There's no need to post lies, I literally quoted that...are you going to address what I said?

    "C'mon, that is just absolutely laughable. If the President of the United States genuinely thought Ukraine was corrupt, why would he ask them to investigate a United States citizen? How unbelievably stupid is that logic and how unbelievably stupid does one have to be to actually believe that?"

    Please address that. If Trump has a long distrust and a "deep-seated" distrust of Ukraine due to "pervasive corruption", why would the President of the United States want them to investigate a United States citizen?

    Please answer that question. Or run away, which is what I suspect you will do.

  9. #49
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    48,528

    Re: Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats’ impeachment report

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Debator View Post
    Right.

    Every single one of them testified that they were being given every indication from their superiors that the President was withholding aid from Ukraine in order to get a public announcement of investigations into his political opponents. And, the President and their superiors all refused to testify themselves or hand over documents and evidence they claim exonerates them. It doesn't get more obvious than that and if Republican congressmen what to conspire with this President to push false Russian narratives on the American people I say let them. When they're all run out of office next year they can be indicted and tried right along side him.
    The only people pushing false russian conspiracies are schiff and leftists.
    that was proven in the mueller report.

    Actually no one that testified provided any evidence to support in fact when they asked if they had any evidence they said no.
    sondland specifically said that no one told him he just assumed. when he did asked he was told nothing.

    and he was the only person that actually asked the president.

    sorry assumptions is not evidence. speculation is not evidence.
    facts don't care about your feelings.

  10. #50
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,906

    Re: Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats’ impeachment report

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I mean, if the Trump administration hadn't been obstructing this entire time, allowed people with better knowledge to be called, and released documents subpoenaed by Congress, there might be more bite to the deflections.
    I dunno how much bite is needed when the is nothing there.....

    I agree, I think you want to hear from Giuliani, Pompeo, Bolton, but, absent that, the Democrats STILL have to make their case on facts, and they simply haven't.

    Democrats say Trump wasn't serious about corruption and Ukraine, but in pages 32-36, they SHOW he was, with witness testimony AND trump's words back in 2016....

    Democrats say there was linkage between aid and investigations, but this report SHOWS that there wasn't, with witness testimony...

    They didn't attack process, or witnesses, they refuted point by point the Democrats case.

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •