Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 391

Thread: Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats’ impeachment report

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    48,717

    Re: Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats’ impeachment report

    Quote Originally Posted by Nalu View Post
    Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats' impeachment report | US news | The Guardian

    "The 123-page Republican report was prepared for Devin Nunes, Jim Jordan and Michael McCaul, the ranking members on the House intelligence, oversight and foreign affairs committees, respectively."

    Trying to coordinate partisan talking points is expected. Coordinating them with dishonesty is unfortunate. The strangest thing to me, though, is how Republicans have decided to preempt news with fabricated descriptions of events. They're publishing a dissent before the opinion gets issued, so to speak. It worked well enough with Barr/Mueller, so it looks like they're going to keep running the same play.
    YOu mean facts that you refuse to acknowledge which have been posted to you time and time again.
    you see that is the problem with leftist. all they have is denial fallacies.
    even when given all of the information and what is exactly said they still hand wave and deny.

    The only partisan talking points are from leftist. Their own witnesses blew their up their accusations.
    no one had any evidence of quid pro quo, bribery or extortion.

    it was pretty obvious when they testified to it.
    so why do you ignore facts?
    facts don't care about your feelings.

  2. #32
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    48,717

    Re: Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats’ impeachment report

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    It's disinformation to disrupt democracy. No other way to put it.
    since when are facts disinformation?
    or is it only disinformation when they disagree with your pre-set made up mind?
    facts don't care about your feelings.

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    48,717

    Re: Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats’ impeachment report

    Quote Originally Posted by Torus34 View Post
    [Disclaimer. I have not yet read the Republican's document.]

    President of the United States of America Donald Trump faces at least three specific possibilities of wrongdoing in any future articles of impeachment. There is the 'un-indicted co-conspirator' reference in a court case that has seen the other party sentenced to jail, the 10 or so citations in Part 2 of the Mueller report and the possible misuse of office for personal gain with the government of Ukraine.

    There is evidence for each of these. Much of it is already before the public.

    The Republican document, I would hope, will provide reasoned discussion of the evidence in each area and show why it is not correct. In short, it will, ideally, be an appeal to reason based upon fact.
    what evidence? pretty much all of the people that testified said they had no evidence of any of those accusations.
    facts don't care about your feelings.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Englewood, Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    63,210

    Re: Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats’ impeachment report

    Quote Originally Posted by Nalu View Post
    Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats' impeachment report | US news | The Guardian

    "The 123-page Republican report was prepared for Devin Nunes, Jim Jordan and Michael McCaul, the ranking members on the House intelligence, oversight and foreign affairs committees, respectively."

    Trying to coordinate partisan talking points is expected. Coordinating them with dishonesty is unfortunate. The strangest thing to me, though, is how Republicans have decided to preempt news with fabricated descriptions of events. They're publishing a dissent before the opinion gets issued, so to speak. It worked well enough with Barr/Mueller, so it looks like they're going to keep running the same play.
    I wonder what font size and spacing they had to use to get to 123 pages, lol.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    48,717

    Re: Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats’ impeachment report

    Quote Originally Posted by The AntiDonald View Post
    Everything in this report we already heard in the open hearings and all the media coverage since this all began. The GOP has no real defense of the facts. So they make stuff up and keep pushing conspiracy theories. Given their track record, no one needs to read the GOP report. They have nothing exculpatory. Attack the process, attack the witnesses. End of story. Trump got caught and is guilty as sin.
    the only conspiracy theorists are leftists and schiff.
    no russia
    no obstruction
    no quid pro quo.

    just leftist delusion.
    facts don't care about your feelings.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Greenbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge, MA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,910

    Re: Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats’ impeachment report

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    no one had any evidence of quid pro quo, bribery or extortion.
    Trump released a 'transcript' of himself doing it. Mulvaney admitted on live TV they did it. Trump's bagman in Ukraine testified that they did it. A dozen witnesses saw them do it.

    Everyone has the evidence.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    02-04-20 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    11,484

    Re: Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats’ impeachment report

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    the only conspiracy theorists are leftists and schiff.
    no russia
    no obstruction
    no quid pro quo.

    just leftist delusion.
    Man, saying anything about delusion while pointing it outward is insane.

    Look, I get it; you want to keep "winning." You are so blind. All your narratives are in smoking ruins. The Republicans can't defend this so they're using SMERSH style Soviet propaganda, just complete insanity. The lie is so big you have to believe it.

    At the end of the day you are wrong. FISA - in smoke. Ukraine meddling - in smoke. Aid wasn't witheld - in smoke. IG report will exonerate Trump and show he was spied on - in smoke. Durham will have some impossible hoops to jump through to make this masturbatory, fap conspiracy a real thing, and his credibility as a prosecutor is on the line. Unlike you lot, I don't expect him to sell his soul to AG Barr, the slobbering catholic theocrat, or Donald John Trump, the manchurian.

    You guys have been led around by the nose and you're so blind to how you're being used and abused.

    Seeds from a thousand others, drip down from within....

  8. #38
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    48,717

    Re: Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats’ impeachment report

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    I have no issue with Republicans issuing a defense, but we should all be concerned over how they present "evidence" that are really just talking points.

    Not much effort was made to directly combat the testimony of key witnesses, and in some respects Republicans dance around several false narratives that benefit Russia. Just suggesting this is all a plot by Democrats to nullify the 2016 election results seems more desperation than anything else.
    were you not watching the trial or only what you wanted to?
    they were plenty of direct questions made to combat testimony.

    taylor was specifically asked if he had evidence he said no.
    he was asked if linkage was ever discussed in any of the meetings he was in he said no.
    he was asked if he had any evidence of quid pro quo or anything else he said no.
    Taylor never talked to the president and he was never on the phone call.

    Volker and morrison admitted in open court that they had no evidence of quid pro quo, bribery or treason as some idiot leftists were throwing out there.
    volker testified that there was nothing there that suggest quid pro quo as well.
    Sondland said that he has no evidence of quid pro quo and that he simply assumed it. when he directly asked the president the president said i want nothing.
    it took 30 seconds and two questions for the lady (who was fired before it all began) to admit that she had no evidence of wrong doing, quid pro quo or bribery.
    vindman could not point to quid pro quo either. he had 0 evidence.

    so it would be amazing if you could tell me exactly what they didn't ask when they did?
    i have posted the questions and testimony 1000 times on this forum. including youtube videos of testimony of them admitting they had
    no evidence.
    facts don't care about your feelings.

  9. #39
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    48,717

    Re: Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats’ impeachment report

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    Man, saying anything about delusion while pointing it outward is insane.

    Look, I get it; you want to keep "winning." You are so blind. All your narratives are in smoking ruins. The Republicans can't defend this so they're using SMERSH style Soviet propaganda, just complete insanity. The lie is so big you have to believe it.

    At the end of the day you are wrong. FISA - in smoke. Ukraine meddling - in smoke. Aid wasn't witheld - in smoke. IG report will exonerate Trump and show he was spied on - in smoke. Durham will have some impossible hoops to jump through to make this masturbatory, fap conspiracy a real thing, and his credibility as a prosecutor is on the line. Unlike you lot, I don't expect him to sell his soul to AG Barr, the slobbering catholic theocrat, or Donald John Trump, the manchurian.

    You guys have been led around by the nose and you're so blind to how you're being used and abused.

    Seeds from a thousand others, drip down from within....
    *yawn* facts don't care about your feelings.
    facts don't care about your feelings.

  10. #40
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    48,717

    Re: Republicans issue 123-page defense of Trump ahead of Democrats’ impeachment report

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Trump released a 'transcript' of himself doing it. Mulvaney admitted on live TV they did it. Trump's bagman in Ukraine testified that they did it. A dozen witnesses saw them do it.

    Everyone has the evidence.
    *yawn* debunked already.
    have a nice day there was no testimony of anyone for 2 weeks that had evidence of quid pro quo or bribery.
    in fact at least 3 or so of the witnesses were not even there or had been fired.

    in fact all of the people that testified in fact testified that they had no evidence.
    facts don't care about your feelings.

    i have posted in this forum too many times to count so i am not doing it anymore.
    you want to ignore facts that is your choice. we can simply dismiss your argument.

    there was nothing in the transcript that was quid pro quo.
    facts don't care about your feelings.

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •