Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 256

Thread: Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

  1. #41
    Guru
    j brown's body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    3,773

    Re: Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredUSN View Post
    There isn't a screw up.

    Trump can fire a appointee at any moment.
    The act of firing an appointee isn't really the issue here. It is Trump intersecting himself in military justice on the side of criminals for his own political needs and his incoherence and impulsiveness when it comes to policy that guides military planning and strategy.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Fishking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    01-19-20 @ 08:56 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    19,131

    Re: Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

    Quote Originally Posted by j brown's body View Post
    Worry rises in Pentagon over Trump'''s decision making - CNNPolitics

    For his disparagement of ****-hole countries, he certainly aspires to their levels of corruption.

    In a sense, it was only a matter of time.

    If he gets a second term, don't be surprised if he implements personal loyalty oathes among "my warfighters".
    1. There won't be any personal loyalty oaths. That's just paranoid ramblings demonstrating a thing grasp on reality.

    2. Obama purged the military of nearly 200 top ranking officers. That's a more concerning action that what you're complaining about here.
    “There are no self-proclaimed villains, only regiments of self-proclaimed saints. Victorious historians rule where good or evil lies.” ― Glen Cook, Chronicles of the Black Company

  3. #43
    Guru
    j brown's body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    3,773

    Re: Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about. Do you?
    Spencer suggested that Gallagher would be allowed to keep his rank and his Trident pin so long as the president let the proceedings play out. The White House had reportedly told the Navy that its disciplinary review could go ahead without interference before Trump jettisoned the review.

    It's all just a matter of one hand not knowing what the other hand is doing, resulting in the type of chaos Trump enjoys fomenting, and Spencer had to pay for it.
    Last edited by j brown's body; 11-28-19 at 11:15 AM.

  4. #44
    Guru
    j brown's body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    3,773

    Re: Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishking View Post
    1. There won't be any personal loyalty oaths. That's just paranoid ramblings demonstrating a thing grasp on reality.

    2. Obama purged the military of nearly 200 top ranking officers. That's a more concerning action that what you're complaining about here.
    It's clear that the only requirement for a federal employee is that they be devoted to Trump. Nonpartisans who put the nation ahead of Trump's political needs are disparaged and fired. Trump's supporters defend this. Implementing personal loyalty oathes is simply a logical progression in this process.

    Please explain how Obama's moves were done due to a lack of personal loyalty to him and his political needs.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Fishking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    01-19-20 @ 08:56 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    19,131

    Re: Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

    Quote Originally Posted by j brown's body View Post
    It's clear that the only requirement for a federal employee is that they be devoted to Trump. Nonpartisans who put the nation ahead of Trump's political needs are disparaged and fired. Trump's supporters defend this. Implementing personal loyalty oathes is simply a logical progression in this process.

    Please explain how Obama's moves were done due to a lack of personal loyalty to him and his political needs.
    Come back to me when Trump starts purging military officers.
    “There are no self-proclaimed villains, only regiments of self-proclaimed saints. Victorious historians rule where good or evil lies.” ― Glen Cook, Chronicles of the Black Company

  6. #46
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:05 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,714

    Re: Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishking View Post
    1. There won't be any personal loyalty oaths. That's just paranoid ramblings demonstrating a thing grasp on reality.

    2. Obama purged the military of nearly 200 top ranking officers. That's a more concerning action that what you're complaining about here.
    Please provide your source for the claim about Obama purging the military. Might it be one of the following: The Blaze, World Net Daily or Breitbart?
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  7. #47
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    01-19-20 @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    16,905

    Re: Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Taking an oath doesn't mean you have the right to tell the President what to do, just as taking an oath doesn't mean you have a right to tell your company commander what to do.

    Taking an oath doesn't mean you have the right to lie to your direct superior, just as taking an oath doesn't mean you have a right to lie to your company commander.

    It appears that Spencer, during his five years on active duty, never learned that lesson.


    Everyone in the military, from the boot camp recruit to the SecDef, has the right to disagree with the Commander in Chief.

    Nobody in the military, from the boot camp recruit to the SecDef, has the right to act upon that disagreement...

    ...except to remove themselves from the chain of command.
    To an extent you are correct, there is the right to disagreement but not the right to act upon it. However in the military you can literally get away with telling it to high ranking officers faces, I did it quite often, it is not always what you say but how and more importantly where you say it.

    Taking a superior officer into a back room and telling him what is jacked up is one thing while openly calling out his leadership undermines his authority. The proper way to object to any policy verbally is behind closed doors as to not undermine leadership, as undermining leadership and authority can cause a breakdown of leadership down the chain as well as morality and discipline.
    Proposition 65 warning- my posts are known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.

  8. #48
    Sage
    CaughtInThe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,558

    Re: Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

    i like that Republicans put a Mafia crook in charge of our Military. makes sense doesn't it?

    Honor. Integrity.

  9. #49
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    114,474

    Re: Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

    Quote Originally Posted by j brown's body View Post
    Worry rises in Pentagon over Trump'''s decision making - CNNPolitics

    For his disparagement of ****-hole countries, he certainly aspires to their levels of corruption.

    In a sense, it was only a matter of time.

    If he gets a second term, don't be surprised if he implements personal loyalty oathes among "my warfighters".
    Those officers already took an oath to obey the orders of the officers appointed over them. That includes the commander-in-chief.
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Che fought for freedom
    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    Only those indicted and found guilty by the Grand Jury.

  10. #50
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    114,474

    Re: Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

    Quote Originally Posted by j brown's body View Post
    The act of firing an appointee isn't really the issue here. It is Trump intersecting himself in military justice on the side of criminals for his own political needs and his incoherence and impulsiveness when it comes to policy that guides military planning and strategy.
    The president has absolute constitutional authority to issue pardons.

    Don't forget how Obama gave clemency to Bradley Manning.
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Che fought for freedom
    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    Only those indicted and found guilty by the Grand Jury.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •