Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 256

Thread: Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

  1. #171
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,720

    Re: Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

    Quote Originally Posted by smallvoice View Post
    Are you kidding? It wasn't any of your favorite news sources. Try the various service's "Times".
    Link(s) to a story confirming the claim or just run away while adults laugh.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  2. #172
    Classic Liberal
    smallvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    God's country
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,068

    Re: Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Link(s) to a story confirming the claim or just run away while adults laugh.
    Do you have any idea of what you are speaking? I can't figure out what you think is the truth.
    ...that still, small voice that is in the back of your mind that says: He's right...

  3. #173
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,720

    Re: Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

    The beginning of this little back and forth
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Originally Posted by Fishking
    1. There won't be any personal loyalty oaths. That's just paranoid ramblings demonstrating a thing grasp on reality.

    2. Obama purged the military of nearly 200 top ranking officers. That's a more concerning action that what you're complaining about here.
    Please provide your source for the claim about Obama purging the military. Might it be one of the following: The Blaze, World Net Daily or Breitbart?
    Quote Originally Posted by smallvoice View Post
    Are you kidding? It wasn't any of your favorite news sources. Try the various service's "Times".
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Link(s) to a story confirming the claim or just run away while adults laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by smallvoice View Post
    Do you have any idea of what you are speaking? I can't figure out what you think is the truth.
    I've done a search or two and have not found a source for the claim that "Obama purged the military of nearly 200 top ranking officers". Saying something is true while throwing in a casual denigration or two doesn't advance your's and others' claims about Obama giving the boot to "nearly 200 top-ranking officers".

    No support - then some of us will say the original slur against Obama is little more than political slime. Your choice.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  4. #174
    Sage
    Tangmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Seaview Tower 5 Condo 2602
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    11,590

    Re: Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The enlisted men are the backbone of the service. It's their morale that matters. Any officers who aren't happy should resign their commissions and carry their asses, if they're more willing to place politics ahead of their sworn duty.
    Enlisted are the backbone of the armed forces and the officer corps are the brains of it. Morale and espirit de corps includes all members of the force, ie, junior EP, NCO, officers up and down the ranks.

    The armed force as unitary and whole has always been the case anywhere and during all of history. It's never going to change. EP call officers 'sir' or 'madam' while officers refer to EP by rank and surname.

    So it's a two sided coin yet many only speak of the EP backbone of it. EP have the enlisted oath and officers have the officer oath. Both are to the Constitution only. This constitutes a difference but not a divide. The force is unitary and it remains cohesive. Face it, accept it and get used to it before it begins to look like you came out of the force with less than you carried and brought going into it.
    Against All Enemies Foreign and Domestic

  5. #175
    Sage
    Tangmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Seaview Tower 5 Condo 2602
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    11,590

    Re: Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Meanwhile:

    Military Times poll: 44% of troops support President Trump. If you're in the military, you're more likely to support President Trump than not, according to a new poll. The Military Times poll found that 44% of all troops surveyed had a favorable view of the president, compared to 40% who had an unfavorable view.
    Link to the survey you quoted by Military Times and year plse thx.

    Military Times does surveys and polls in successive years, usually bi-anually.


    The most recent survey by MT that I can find had Trump's approval at 44% and disapproval at 43%. That was in 2018.

    In 2016, a MT poll showed that 46 percent of troops approved of Trump compared with 37 percent who disapproved.





    The headline on the 2018 survey that included the chart above said: "Support for Trump is fading among active-duty troops, new poll shows"


    Support for Trump is fading among active-duty troops, new poll shows
    Against All Enemies Foreign and Domestic

  6. #176
    WatchesLeftiesFlee
    Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Heflin, Alabama
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,058

    Re: Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

    Quote Originally Posted by j brown's body View Post
    The politicization of the military is the work of tyrants. It should be obvious that a divided military is not in our country's best interest.
    So you're calling nearly every president we've ever had, a tyrant... yeah... have fun with that.
    Why do they run?
    Because they have no choice son, such is the way of cowards.
    But even a cornered rat, with no choice, will fight.
    Yes my son, and that should tell you more than you need to know about the coward.

  7. #177
    WatchesLeftiesFlee
    Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Heflin, Alabama
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,058

    Re: Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

    Quote Originally Posted by j brown's body View Post
    Because stability, order, integrity and the rule of law have no place in a military. Chaos, impulsiveness, and partisanship are the orders of the day

    He can get rid of the generals and put Rudy in charge, if he doesn't go to prison.
    So you say, but that doesn't actually make it true.
    Why do they run?
    Because they have no choice son, such is the way of cowards.
    But even a cornered rat, with no choice, will fight.
    Yes my son, and that should tell you more than you need to know about the coward.

  8. #178
    Sage
    Tangmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Seaview Tower 5 Condo 2602
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    11,590

    Re: Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

    Caligula appointed his horse as first consul of the republic.

    Trump appointed as his lawyer a horse's ass named Rudy from New York.

    So while it's true history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme a lot.
    Against All Enemies Foreign and Domestic

  9. #179
    Sage
    Aberration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,282

    Re: Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

    Quote Originally Posted by Tangmo View Post
    You haven't any substantive counter statements to make to three different 4-star officers, an Army one shredding Trump on his being joined at Putin's hip, a Navy one saying Trump is the greatest threat to democracy in his lifetime, and an Air Force one saying an order by Trump to launch nuclear weapons would be illegal. Two of 'em are retired, one is active and just the past summer he became vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

    You are just another discombobulated Putin-Trump Rower.

    The generals and admirals active duty and retired shut Trump up in 2017 when he was running amok initially in military and defense matters of national security and sovereignty.

    Now however Trump is coming back at the military chiefs and commanders as this thread and topic present and discuss. Yet you as a Putin-Trump Rower haven't any reply, answer, response. I will go out on a limb here to say the three of you, ie, Putin-Trump Rowers will end up at the bottom of the drink.
    My substantive counter argument was based on the Wikipedia article you posted.

    Your counter argument is to simply spam that same Wikipedia article. Because you have no argument. And instead petulantly lash out.

    OK boomer. Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

  10. #180
    Sage
    Tangmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Seaview Tower 5 Condo 2602
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    11,590

    Re: Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making

    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    My substantive counter argument was based on the Wikipedia article you posted.

    Your counter argument is to simply spam that same Wikipedia article. Because you have no argument. And instead petulantly lash out.

    OK boomer. Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making
    You're sleep posting.

    You keep referring to a supposed Wiki article I didn't post, quote, use. And then you say from the dark side of the moon that I "span that same Wikipedia article." That would be the Wikipedia article you say I keep using that I know I didn't post or use. And that I haven't any argument so I "petulantly lash out."

    All of which erroneous garble by you makes you just another discombobulated Putin-Trump Rower.

    Your problem is that you absolutely haven't any substantive counter statements to make to three different 4-star officers I have presented to the thread and topic:

    1) An Army 4-star retired shredding Trump on his being joined at Putin's hip
    2) A Navy 4-star retired saying Trump is the greatest threat to democracy in his lifetime
    3) And an Air Force 4-star on active duty saying publicly an order by Trump to launch nuclear weapons would be illegal. That is AF Gen. John Hyten who the past summer became vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff -- the advancement of whom to become the number #2 officer of the armed forces seems to have escaped Trump's attention.

    The three represent and state the profound issues that press on the generals and admirals active duty and retired, ie, Trump is a direct and immediate menace to our national sovereignty, our national security, the defense of the nation and its people, and to the Constitution itself.

    So I hope you don't think Trump will be forgiven to continue on his destructive path for much longer. Especially given the Putin-Trump Rowers know what the generals and admirals say is true and that the 4-star officers I am referencing have now come to their point of no return concerning Putin-Trump & Rowers. The question of the moment is how long they'll be in their holding pattern.
    Against All Enemies Foreign and Domestic

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •