Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 110

Thread: Bureaucracy bonanza? Warren’s plans would create plethora of new federal offices

  1. #1
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,524

    Bureaucracy bonanza? Warren’s plans would create plethora of new federal offices

    Holey big government. Here's a few of the 20 new government offices she plans to open:

    "A “Green Marshall Plan” that “includes a new federal office dedicated to selling American-made clean, renewable, and emission-free energy technology abroad and a $100 billion commitment to assisting countries to purchase and deploy this technology."

    "A “labor and environmental enforcement division under the United States Trade Representative,” which would be tasked with ensuring countries the U.S. trades with engage in sustainable environmental practices. "

    "A newly created Department of Economic Development which would replace the Commerce Department and subsume the Small Business Administration and the Patent and Trademark Office. It would run a Small Business Equality Fund dedicated to boosting “black, Latinx, and Native American” small business owners; produce National Jobs Strategies every four years; and oversee trade authorities like the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative. "

    " A "Permanent, Cabinet-Level White House Council on Native American Affairs” like the council that was established under Obama but has "gone dead" under Trump because it was not permanent. "

    "A "New White House Budgetary Office of Tribal Affairs” within the OMB with potentially “a director’s office level Tribal officer,” to "track and advance government-wide progress" in dealings with Native Americans.

    Well, at least she's looking after her native American heritage. pow wow chow anyone?

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...PdIhzq8_4oAO6Y
    Last edited by mrdeltoid; 11-26-19 at 04:09 PM.

  2. #2
    Auslander
    Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    10,595

    Re: Bureaucracy bonanza? Warren’s plans would create plethora of new federal offices

    Warren will never be president, but at least Democrats have policy agendas, unlike Trump.

    Trump's is - well, IDK. He already claims the wall is built, or being built. The republican agenda is essentially "Get rid of anything FDR did."

    There are no ideas coming out of the right wing other than "cut taxes."
    #BDS

    No forgiveness here remains.

  3. #3
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,524

    Re: Bureaucracy bonanza? Warren’s plans would create plethora of new federal offices

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    Warren will never be president, but at least Democrats have policy agendas, unlike Trump.

    Trump's is - well, IDK. He already claims the wall is built, or being built. The republican agenda is essentially "Get rid of anything FDR did."

    There are no ideas coming out of the right wing other than "cut taxes."
    He's going to run on his accomplishments.

  4. #4
    Auslander
    Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    10,595

    Re: Bureaucracy bonanza? Warren’s plans would create plethora of new federal offices

    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeltoid View Post
    He's going to run on his accomplishments.
    So the republicans, as I've always said, have no ideas.

    Got it!

    I definitely know what to NOT vote for.
    #BDS

    No forgiveness here remains.

  5. #5
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,524

    Re: Bureaucracy bonanza? Warren’s plans would create plethora of new federal offices

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    So the republicans, as I've always said, have no ideas.

    Got it!

    I definitely know what to NOT vote for.
    Dang, and I thought you were a sure GOP voter. I'm heart broken.

  6. #6
    Visual Opportunist
    Tanngrisnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    No longer Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,080

    Re: Bureaucracy bonanza? Warren’s plans would create plethora of new federal offices

    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeltoid View Post
    Holey big government. Here's a few of the 20 new government offices she plans to open:

    "A “Green Marshall Plan” that “includes a new federal office dedicated to selling American-made clean, renewable, and emission-free energy technology abroad and a $100 billion commitment to assisting countries to purchase and deploy this technology."

    "A “labor and environmental enforcement division under the United States Trade Representative,” which would be tasked with ensuring countries the U.S. trades with engage in sustainable environmental practices. "

    "A newly created Department of Economic Development which would replace the Commerce Department and subsume the Small Business Administration and the Patent and Trademark Office. It would run a Small Business Equality Fund dedicated to boosting “black, Latinx, and Native American” small business owners; produce National Jobs Strategies every four years; and oversee trade authorities like the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative. "

    " A "Permanent, Cabinet-Level White House Council on Native American Affairs” like the council that was established under Obama but has "gone dead" under Trump because it was not permanent. "

    "A "New White House Budgetary Office of Tribal Affairs” within the OMB with potentially “a director’s office level Tribal officer,” to "track and advance government-wide progress" in dealings with Native Americans.

    Well, at least she's looking after her native American heritage. pow wow chow anyone?

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...PdIhzq8_4oAO6Y
    The Department of Homeland Security called for you to talk about rank conservative hypocrisy. Declined to leave any message.
    Well, he see this one particularly hot chick and not does she bag he slackjawed, but he lets a "Whoa" slip out

  7. #7
    Professor
    eman623's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,402

    Re: Bureaucracy bonanza? Warren’s plans would create plethora of new federal offices

    "...Small Business Equality Fund dedicated to boosting “black, Latinx, and Native American” small business owners..."

    Latinx? Is this another stoopid roll-your-own-gender thing? Are they aware that noun gender is baked right into the Spanish language?

    That single word is enough to not ever vote for Warren.
    "You are free and that is why you are lost." - Franz Kafka

  8. #8
    Sage Trump's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Laguna Beach
    Last Seen
    12-30-19 @ 08:59 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,835

    Re: Bureaucracy bonanza? Warren’s plans would create plethora of new federal offices

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    Warren will never be president, but at least Democrats have policy agendas, unlike Trump.

    Trump's is - well, IDK. He already claims the wall is built, or being built. The republican agenda is essentially "Get rid of anything FDR did."

    There are no ideas coming out of the right wing other than "cut taxes."
    GOP wants great economy....low unemployment....no more wars....DC swamp drained of idiots like Comey McCabe Strzok Brennan Clapper
    According to NBC, “Justice Department officials have said that Durham has found something significant, and that critics should be careful.”

  9. #9
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:32 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,435

    Re: Bureaucracy bonanza? Warren’s plans would create plethora of new federal offices

    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeltoid View Post
    Holey big government. Here's a few of the 20 new government offices she plans to open:
    OK, and...?
    "Everyone should listen to me all the time about everything." - Rosa Diaz

    "When the mistakes fall disproportionately on one side, it is no respect for the notion of truth to pretend that everything is even." - Lee McIntyre

  10. #10
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:32 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,435

    Re: Bureaucracy bonanza? Warren’s plans would create plethora of new federal offices

    Quote Originally Posted by eman623 View Post
    Latinx? Is this another stoopid roll-your-own-gender thing? Are they aware that noun gender is baked right into the Spanish language?
    Yes... They are aware... That's the point of the term.

    "Latino" generally refers to the entire community, but is a male-gendered pronoun. "Latina" refers to women. "Latinx" is gender-neutral.

    There isn't really one single good term for these diverse communities, by the way. Lots of people of South and Central American descent dislike "Hispanic," soe are fine with "Latino," some prefer "Latinx."

    I see no reason to dislike someone who uses "Latinx," as long as the people referred to by the term do not find it insulting.
    "Everyone should listen to me all the time about everything." - Rosa Diaz

    "When the mistakes fall disproportionately on one side, it is no respect for the notion of truth to pretend that everything is even." - Lee McIntyre

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •