Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 243

Thread: Trump attacks ambassador on Twitter as she testifies

  1. #11
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    61,950

    Re: Trump attacks ambassador on Twitter as she testifies

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Yes, it is very poor top management style to criticize in public. Thank folks for their service, accept their resignations or reassignments and move on.
    Yup. I think that with the economy where it's at, if he just wasn't a national embarrassment every single day, his approval numbers would be much different.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #12
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    51,548

    Re: Trump attacks ambassador on Twitter as she testifies

    Quote Originally Posted by W_Heisenberg View Post
    Trump attacks ambassador on Twitter as she testifies that his words in Ukraine call made her feel threatened

    Trump attacks ambassador as she testifies in impeachment hearing

    President Donald Trump on Friday lashed out at former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, as she testified in a public impeachment hearing in the House that his words about her in a phone call with the Ukraine president “sounded like a threat. Everywhere Marie Yovanovitch went turned bad,” Trump claimed in a two-part tweet. “She started off in Somalia, how did that go? Then fast forward to Ukraine, where the new Ukrainian President spoke unfavorably about her in my second phone call with him. It is a U.S. President’s absolute right to appoint ambassadors,” the president wrote.

    --

    Schiff allowed Yovanovitch to respond to the president’s tweets during the hearing Friday, which I thought was pretty awesome.

    Also, I just want to say that Yovanovitch is doing a wonderful job with her testimony today. Yovanovitch's professionalism, sincerity, deep knowledge of Ukraine, and her calm and logical demeanor is such a big contrast with the s*** show that is this administration.
    Trump hating spin is alive and well. Good thing too, since that's all they have.

    The fact is, everything Trump said in that tweet is true. Is the truth intimidating?
    TANSTAAFL
    When I "dismiss" you it only means that I have determined that further discussion is useless or counter-productive. Don't take it personally. Go ahead and have your last word...and move on.

  3. #13
    Social Democrat
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    37,527

    Re: Trump attacks ambassador on Twitter as she testifies

    Quote Originally Posted by Dans La Lune View Post
    Everyone who defends Trump is complicit in his madness.
    Including Pompeo.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  4. #14
    Social Democrat
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    37,527

    Re: Trump attacks ambassador on Twitter as she testifies

    Quote Originally Posted by W_Heisenberg View Post
    Trump attacks ambassador on Twitter as she testifies that his words in Ukraine call made her feel threatened

    Trump attacks ambassador as she testifies in impeachment hearing

    President Donald Trump on Friday lashed out at former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, as she testified in a public impeachment hearing in the House that his words about her in a phone call with the Ukraine president “sounded like a threat. Everywhere Marie Yovanovitch went turned bad,” Trump claimed in a two-part tweet. “She started off in Somalia, how did that go? Then fast forward to Ukraine, where the new Ukrainian President spoke unfavorably about her in my second phone call with him. It is a U.S. President’s absolute right to appoint ambassadors,” the president wrote.

    --

    Schiff allowed Yovanovitch to respond to the president’s tweets during the hearing Friday, which I thought was pretty awesome.

    Also, I just want to say that Yovanovitch is doing a wonderful job with her testimony today. Yovanovitch's professionalism, sincerity, deep knowledge of Ukraine, and her calm and logical demeanor is such a big contrast with the s*** show that is this administration.
    If this doesn't bolster an article of impeachment, nothing will.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    9,119

    Re: Trump attacks ambassador on Twitter as she testifies

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Trump hating spin is alive and well. Good thing too, since that's all they have.

    The fact is, everything Trump said in that tweet is true. Is the truth intimidating?
    She was responsible for Somalia falling apart? Powerful woman.

  6. #16
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    55,514

    Re: Trump attacks ambassador on Twitter as she testifies

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yup. I think that with the economy where it's at, if he just wasn't a national embarrassment every single day, his approval numbers would be much different.
    What I find very scary is (too?) many demorats thinking that since anyone would make a better POTUS than Trump then why not go very far left and run Warren (or even Sanders). IMHO, that would result in Trump (gone wild?) getting another term with no concern whatsoever about being re-elected.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #17
    Professor
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,500

    Re: Trump attacks ambassador on Twitter as she testifies

    Quote Originally Posted by W_Heisenberg View Post
    Trump attacks ambassador on Twitter as she testifies that his words in Ukraine call made her feel threatened

    Trump attacks ambassador as she testifies in impeachment hearing

    President Donald Trump on Friday lashed out at former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, as she testified in a public impeachment hearing in the House that his words about her in a phone call with the Ukraine president “sounded like a threat. Everywhere Marie Yovanovitch went turned bad,” Trump claimed in a two-part tweet. “She started off in Somalia, how did that go? Then fast forward to Ukraine, where the new Ukrainian President spoke unfavorably about her in my second phone call with him. It is a U.S. President’s absolute right to appoint ambassadors,” the president wrote.

    --

    Schiff allowed Yovanovitch to respond to the president’s tweets during the hearing Friday, which I thought was pretty awesome.

    Also, I just want to say that Yovanovitch is doing a wonderful job with her testimony today. Yovanovitch's professionalism, sincerity, deep knowledge of Ukraine, and her calm and logical demeanor is such a big contrast with the s*** show that is this administration.
    That mean old Trump for verbally attacking Yovanovitch.
    After all no one has ever verbally attacked Trump. Never ever.
    Of course Yovanovitch has no bias after being fired.

  8. #18
    Guru
    Keridan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,456

    Re: Trump attacks ambassador on Twitter as she testifies

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    What I find very scary is (too?) many demorats thinking that since anyone would make a better POTUS than Trump then why not go very far left and run Warren (or even Sanders). IMHO, that would result in Trump (gone wild?) getting another term with no concern whatsoever about being re-elected.
    Always beat me to the punch
    Omniscience just sucks without omnipotence!


    Support Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez!

  9. #19
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    10,922

    Re: Trump attacks ambassador on Twitter as she testifies

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Trump must learn when it is best to say nothing at all. Sadly, he is unlikely to ever do so.

  10. #20
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,346
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trump attacks ambassador on Twitter as she testifies

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Trump hating spin is alive and well. Good thing too, since that's all they have.

    The fact is, everything Trump said in that tweet is true. Is the truth intimidating?
    Really? Everywhere she went turned bad? You believe that's a true assessment?
    It's complete and utter bull**** and anyone with any degree of impartiality knows that. How on God's green earth does a rational person blame Somalia on the US ambassador?
    Better a sister in a whore-house than a brother in the Conservative Party.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •