Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 98

Thread: The Young Turks founder Cenk Uygur files to run for Katie Hill's House seat

  1. #61
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    37,610

    Re: The Young Turks founder Cenk Uygur files to run for Katie Hill's House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Dans La Lune View Post
    I never claimed your motivations, only responded to another poster who criticized the inclusion of McConnell and the NRA in this topic.
    No, you didn't. You responded to me, and implied that I had engaged in whataboutism, when I hadn't. There was no other reason to have said what you said in response to what I said.



    Cenk created Wolf-PAC (designed to create a Constitutional amendment to uncouple corruption from politics), co-founded the Justice Democrats (giving rise to AOC and the Squad, as well as Ro Khanna and others who are shaping the Democratic party even on a presidential level), endorsed Bernie, is heavily invested in promoting progressive policies like Medicare For All. He's very up front about his motivations. At what point, and from what angle, is the con-job? I'm genuinely asking. Help me spot the lies, the con-artistry, the self-enriching agenda which you clearly suspect.

    Lets expose the con-artist. Help me do it.
    I've already described it several times, as have others. As I said . . . enjoy the warm embrace of confirmation bias. It is a heady elixir.
    The only reason to be anti-libertarian is there are people you want to control that you wouldn't be able to.

  2. #62
    New Killer Star Dans La Lune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,250

    Re: The Young Turks founder Cenk Uygur files to run for Katie Hill's House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    No, you didn't. You responded to me, and implied that I had engaged in whataboutism, when I hadn't.
    I didn't respond to you in this instance, I pointed those upset about the NRA's inclusion in this discussion in your direction. Whataboutism only works if you have no ideological or moral consistency.

    I've already described it several times, as have others. As I said . . . enjoy the warm embrace of confirmation bias. It is a heady elixir.
    No, you made an allegation, you haven't substantiated it. Show me the 'con job'. Show me that Cenk is engaged in a scheme to butter his bread with progressivism. You made the allegation.
    I'm at peace with my lust
    I can kill 'cause in God I Trust, yeah
    It's evolution, baby

  3. #63
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    37,610

    Re: The Young Turks founder Cenk Uygur files to run for Katie Hill's House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Dans La Lune View Post
    I didn't respond to you in this instance
    Well, yes, you did.


    I pointed those upset about the NRA's inclusion in this discussion in your direction. Whataboutism only works if you have no ideological or moral consistency.
    That doesn't make sense, but in any case, what I did wasn't whataboutism. You still seem to be saying it is.


    No, you made an allegation, you haven't substantiated it. Show me the 'con job'. Show me that Cenk is engaged in a scheme to butter his bread with progressivism. You made the allegation.
    It's the exact same con job as Limbaugh and Hannity. I've said it. Others have said it.

    He says the things you want to hear. You lap it up. That's your choice.
    The only reason to be anti-libertarian is there are people you want to control that you wouldn't be able to.

  4. #64
    New Killer Star Dans La Lune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,250

    Re: The Young Turks founder Cenk Uygur files to run for Katie Hill's House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Well, yes, you did.
    Not in the post where I pointed out that YOU brought McConnell and the NRA into this thread.

    That doesn't make sense, but in any case, what I did wasn't whataboutism. You still seem to be saying it is.
    I don't even know which post you are referring to. Did I call you a whataboutist? I must have had a good reason, but I don't remember it.

    It's the exact same con job as Limbaugh and Hannity. I've said it. Others have said it.
    Yes, you said it without proving it in even the slightest capacity. You do realize the difference between an assertion and an argument right?
    I'm at peace with my lust
    I can kill 'cause in God I Trust, yeah
    It's evolution, baby

  5. #65
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    37,610

    Re: The Young Turks founder Cenk Uygur files to run for Katie Hill's House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Dans La Lune View Post
    Not in the post where I pointed out that YOU brought McConnell and the NRA into this thread.
    In response to me calling out the other guy's whataboutism, yes. It was entirely clear what you meant.

    So:

    I don't even know which post you are referring to. Did I call you a whataboutist? I must have had a good reason, but I don't remember it.


    It's either exactly what you meant, or you didn't understand what you were getting into. Intent or incompetence?


    Yes, you said it without proving it in even the slightest capacity. You do realize the difference between an assertion and an argument right?
    It's in exactly the same way Limbaugh and Hannity are con-job self-promoters, and, well, let's face it, spittle-flecked demagogues, just like Cenk. You probably have no problem seeing it with them. You just don't want to accept it's also true of the guy who says what you want to hear.

    In Cenk's case, of course, no one who switches views so radically and so quickly could hold any of those views seriously or sincerely, and will do so again if he thinks it suits him.

    It's true that I can't actually get inside his head. But I can certainly witness what he does and draw appropriate conclusions.
    The only reason to be anti-libertarian is there are people you want to control that you wouldn't be able to.

  6. #66
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,441
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Young Turks founder Cenk Uygur files to run for Katie Hill's House seat

    [QUOTE=Harshaw;1070894898]Yeah, Cenk tweeted just today:



    There's so much stupid in this, it's hard to know where to start unpacking.

    First, not one thing about what the kid did to shoot in that school was legal. He obtained the gun illegally. He carried it illegally. He used it illegally. That he succeeded had nothing to do with a lack of gun control; everything he did with that gun, including obtaining it, was illegal. The gun control was there.

    California already has every bit of gun control that Cenk is blasting McConnell for supposedly blocking, and every bit of "common sense gun control" that advocates insist is all they want.

    The idea that there's "no gun control at all" is completely and entirely detached from reality.

    And the entire diatribe about the NRA and its money is based on the absurd premise that BUT FOR NRA bribe money, there's a whole army of politicians, especially in conservative states and rural areas, who would otherwise be eager to enact strict gun laws, but no, they've got NRA gravy, so they don't.

    Cenk is [B]not a politically serious person ]QUOTE]


    Why, because he lies? Because he says whatever he figures will pander to his partisan fan base?
    Sounds like a recipe for success to me. Hell, if singers and actors and pro rasslers and reality-TV shills can be elected to high office, why not a hyper-partisan rabble-rouser?

    Edit- apparently I screwed up the quote. Can't be bothered to redo it though.
    Better a sister in a whore-house than a brother in the Conservative Party.

  7. #67
    New Killer Star Dans La Lune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,250

    Re: The Young Turks founder Cenk Uygur files to run for Katie Hill's House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    In response to me calling out the other guy's whataboutism, yes. It was entirely clear what you meant.
    I DON'T CARE.

    It's either exactly what you meant, or you didn't understand what you were getting into. Intent or incompetence?
    What I was getting into was point out that you invoked McConnell and the NRA. That's the beginning and ending of my reference to you in this thread.

    It's true that I can't actually get inside his head. But I can certainly witness what he does and draw appropriate conclusions.
    Explain:

    1) Wolf-PAC.
    2) Justice Democrats.
    3) Consistent progressive activism.
    4) Challenging the best conservative intellectuals to debates and winning handily.

    Where is the grift?

    I don't want to hear empty accusations. Give me your argument.
    I'm at peace with my lust
    I can kill 'cause in God I Trust, yeah
    It's evolution, baby

  8. #68
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    37,610

    Re: The Young Turks founder Cenk Uygur files to run for Katie Hill's House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Dans La Lune View Post
    I DON'T CARE.



    What I was getting into was point out that you invoked McConnell and the NRA. That's the beginning and ending of my reference to you in this thread.
    And you found it necessary to "point out" because . . . ?


    Explain:

    1) Wolf-PAC.
    2) Justice Democrats.
    3) Consistent progressive activism.
    4) Challenging the best conservative intellectuals to debates and winning handily.
    No, no Kool-Aid drinking on your part, no way.

    Hannity and Limbaugh fans say that kind of thing all the time.


    Where is the grift?

    I don't want to hear empty accusations. Give me your argument.
    I already did.
    The only reason to be anti-libertarian is there are people you want to control that you wouldn't be able to.

  9. #69
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    37,610

    Re: The Young Turks founder Cenk Uygur files to run for Katie Hill's House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    QUOTE=Harshaw;1070894898]Yeah, Cenk tweeted just today:



    There's so much stupid in this, it's hard to know where to start unpacking.

    First, not one thing about what the kid did to shoot in that school was legal. He obtained the gun illegally. He carried it illegally. He used it illegally. That he succeeded had nothing to do with a lack of gun control; everything he did with that gun, including obtaining it, was illegal. The gun control was there.

    California already has every bit of gun control that Cenk is blasting McConnell for supposedly blocking, and every bit of "common sense gun control" that advocates insist is all they want.

    The idea that there's "no gun control at all" is completely and entirely detached from reality.

    And the entire diatribe about the NRA and its money is based on the absurd premise that BUT FOR NRA bribe money, there's a whole army of politicians, especially in conservative states and rural areas, who would otherwise be eager to enact strict gun laws, but no, they've got NRA gravy, so they don't.

    Cenk is [B]not a politically serious person ]QUOTE]


    Why, because he lies? Because he says whatever he figures will pander to his partisan fan base?
    Sounds like a recipe for success to me. Hell, if singers and actors and pro rasslers and reality-TV shills can be elected to high office, why not a hyper-partisan rabble-rouser?

    Edit- apparently I screwed up the quote. Can't be bothered to redo it though.
    If that's the kind of thing you and the OP are into, then have at it.
    The only reason to be anti-libertarian is there are people you want to control that you wouldn't be able to.

  10. #70
    Sporadic insanity normal.

    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    24,229

    Re: The Young Turks founder Cenk Uygur files to run for Katie Hill's House seat

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Google “The Young Turks” and click the first result that isn’t Cenk’s network.

    Yeah it only took him until 2019 to actually say the Armenian Genocide happened, sorry I wasn’t so up to date when he spent his entire life espousing denial until this year.
    No, as I understand it, he corrected his faulty position years ago.
    Last edited by The Mark; 11-15-19 at 02:07 PM.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •