Page 58 of 96 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 953

Thread: Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary'

  1. #571
    Sage
    RetiredUSN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Norfolk Virginia area.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,538

    Re: Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary'

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Adam Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary' - CNNPolitics


    Strange. Why would the Dems hide the accuser from cross examination? If the case is so airtight, why not go public with all of it?
    And the liberals on DP support this clown.

    And they can't see why a guy like trump gets elected.

    So much for the party of intellectuals....eh?
    “It’s easier to run for office than to run the office.”
    Tip O'Niell

  2. #572
    Guru
    Cordelier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary'

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    QUOTE=Cordelier;1070875208]

    I already have.

    You claim you've read all the testimony, so you're asking me to tell you what's wrong with it? Are you absolutely certain you've read it, or are you just referring to it when a question about it pops up? I certainly haven't read it all, but I've read enough presumption, conjecture, and opinion, some using those very words, to discount it as non-factual blather.

    So, if you guys are serious, write up articles of impeachment and introduce a resolution. Get Pelosi on the phone, tell her to tighten up those dentures, and get this done. The left has been playing this game with the public for nearly three years now while significant issues before congress languish. Honestly, it looks exactly like the only thing you guys are gonna do is talk about it because you can't actually do anything.
    I think you need to make up your mind, Humbolt.... are you for or against due process here?

    Witnesses have come before the Committee and made depositions. That's all perfectly reasonable. Happens all the time in investigations. Now we're moving toward the public hearings... and all of a sudden you want to skip them and just rush to judgment??!

    What are you afraid of?
    "He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know." --- Lao Tzu

  3. #573
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,429

    Re: Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    If a unhinged mob of looney left true believers go to extremes to deny or discredit something, it's most certainly true.
    False dilemma - Wikipedia

    A false dilemma is a type of informal fallacy in which something is falsely claimed to be an "either/or" situation, when in fact there is at least one additional option.

    The false dilemma fallacy can also arise simply by accidental omission of additional options rather than by deliberate deception. For example, "Stacey spoke out against capitalism, therefore she must be a communist" (she may be neither capitalist nor communist). "Roger opposed an atheist argument against Christianity, so he must be a Christian" (When it's assumed the opposition by itself means he's a Christian). Roger might be an atheist who disagrees with the logic of some particular argument against Christianity. Additionally, it can be the result of habitual tendency, whatever the cause, to view the world with limited sets of options.
    I'm the globalist your racist, MAGA-hat wearing uncle warned you about.

  4. #574
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,354

    Re: Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary'

    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredUSN View Post
    And the liberals on DP support this clown.
    No, the liberals do not support Trump.

    And they can't see why a guy like trump gets elected.
    Becuse there are a lot of low intellect imbeciles.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    It does not in fact bother me that poor people exist. They are supposed to, poverty is the default state of human existence.

  5. #575
    Sage
    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    33,741
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary'

    Quote Originally Posted by W_Heisenberg View Post
    Oh geesh. More Qanon and conservative tree house conspiracy crap. You will believe anything wont you?

    Mifsud is from Malta, so he is a Westerner, so he's going to have some links to Western intelligence agencies. The problem with Mifsud is all the various connections he has with the Russian government.



    Halper is a Western intelligence asset, who worked directly for the U.S. government. He was hired specifically to help learn more about what the Russians were doing, and his involvement came AFTER the FBI launched Crossfire Hurricane.



    Justifiably so. Russian kept trying to infiltrate and manipulate the Trump campaign. They were also engaged in a broader intelligence operation against the U.S. What was the FBI/CIA supposed to do? Just let them spy and do whatever they want?
    Well, that's the question isn't it? Justifiably so or not? Sufficient predicate to open a counter intel spying operation against a political opposition presidential campaign or not. This is what Barr testified to congress and what Durham is investigating. Given that Durham's investigation has been elevated into a criminal investigation certainly brings legitimate question and doubt whether there was sufficient predicate to open the counter intel spying operation.

    Trump and his campaign should have done the wise thing and not entertained any of their offers. This is on them, not the FBI.
    If the Trump campaign would have been found to be 'colluding with the Russians', the 2 1/2+ year, $40M Mueller investigation backed by unlimited FBI investigative resources would have surely found it. They did not, as their report documents.

    On what planet do you live that you think Russia would have been able to acquire these e-mails without hacking Clinton? Seriously have some common sense. These idiotic Qanon conspiracy theories have scrambled your brain.
    The FBI has never forensically examined the hacked DNC servers. Quite likely they would have been able to determine from where the security breech would have come, and who would have perpetrated it. But no. The DNC engaged CrowdStrike for this forensic examination
    "CrowdStrike is connected to the Obama administration and the DNC. After examining the servers for a mere day, CrowdStrike concluded two Russian groups were responsible for the cyberattack. Meanwhile, neither FBI nor any other law enforcement agency has looked at their servers—and still hasn’t to this day."
    Now why is that CrowdStrike was hired to perform this forensic examination and not the FBI? Coming to their conclusion after only a single day, how would you trust a conclusion arrived at so readily after such a sort time, without any validation, no second opinion? Seems almost pre-ordained that it was the Russians. Maybe it was. Maybe it wasn't. Without a second opinion you are putting your faith and trust in CrowdStrike, aren't you? What do you know of them? And wouldn't you trust the FBI's conclusion more?

    Oh, and had you read the Mueller report, after Trump's announcement, you would know Russia DID try to hack Clinton's computer systems.
    All the more reason she was criminal in her handling of classified materials on that server.

    Quote Originally Posted by W_Heisenberg View Post
    Glenn Simpson is an expert on Russia. He was hired by Veselnitskaya for an entirely difference case involving a Russian company, Prevezon, that was being charged by the DOJ. It was in relation to that case that Simpson met with Veselnitskaya. And this wasn't some clandestine meeting. Veselnitskaya and Simpson were meeting as part of a large gathering of people, mostly associated with the law firm, Baker Hostetler. Glenn Simpson testified to this under oath. There is no reason to believe that Simpson and Veselnitskaya were trying to set up Trump or his campaign. But, on the basis of this fact alone, that they were associated with each other, you have constructed an elaborate conspiracy theory that somehow Fusion GPS set up Trump's campaign. This is a ludicrous notion that is not supported by any other piece of evidence. It's merely an assumption on your part. There are no other facts supported this stupid conspiracy theory.
    No indication that Glenn Simpson has any sort of expertise in, or experience with, Russia.
    Glenn R. Simpson - Wikipedia
    Are you sure you aren't mixing up Steele and Simpson? Steele was on UK's MI6 Russia desk.

    As to Russia collusion, pretty apparent that Glenn Simpson wrote the script for this back in 2007.

    How Lobbyists Help Ex-Soviets Woo Washington
    By Glenn R. Simpson and Mary Jacoby, Updated April 17, 2007 12:01 am ET

    Tried the same thing on the McCain presidential campaign as well. Yes, the 'Russian Collusion' political narrative has been tried on previous Republican presidential campaigns.
    Covington Catholic, BuzzFeed Cohen story,
    Beyond BuzzFeed: The 10 Worst, Most Embarrassing U.S. Media Failures on the Trump/Russia Story
    Don't believe the lying leftist 'news' (political propaganda) media! #JournalismIsDead

  6. #576
    Conservatarian Guru
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,534

    Re: Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary'

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Here's the explainer for your question about PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE. It's only been out there since Sept 30, so maybe you missed it.

    https://www.dni.gov/files/ICIG/Docum...Complaints.pdf
    Nice piece of CYA from ICIG. Fact still remains the information the WB provided has to be verified to be of value in an investigation. What someone heard in the break room or the restroom means nothing until verified.
    The more a nation drifts from the TRUTH

    The more it will hate those who speak it

  7. #577
    Sage
    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    33,741
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary'

    Yes, you need to go on with facts, not elaborate conspiracy theories supported by a series of assumptions.

    These idiotic conspiracy theories are silly.



    Lol, seems you've swallowed all this Russian propaganda attacking us, lock, stock and barrel, and all the idiotic pro-Trump conspiracy theories, and pro-Trump political narratives that Trump has been pushing since he got caught trying to conspire with the Russian government. What's amazing is that Trump has lied, mislead, or exaggerated over 13,000 times since assuming office and Trump supporters are still foolish enough to believe him.

    Nearly everything the Democrats and the mass media reported or spoke about concerning the Trump-Russia investigation turned out to be true. Nearly everything. Read the Mueller report.
    Mueller Report, Volume I, page 66, second paragraph:
    [In particular,] the investigation examined whether these contacts involved or resulted in coordination or a conspiracy with the
    Trump Campaign and Russia, including with respect to Russia providing assistance to the Campaign in exchange for any sort of favorable treatment in the future. Based on the available information, the investigation did not establish such coordination.
    After 2 1/2+ years, $40M, unlimited FBI investigatory resources. If it were there, they would have found it. They did not find it, otherwise they would have stated they had found it.

    If the media wanted to regain and restore their credibility, they might want to start holding Democrats as accountable as they are hold Republicans. As it is they've given up reporting on politics and have turned into political activists.

    Are you suggesting that Mueller and his team lied about everything they revealed in the report?
    No. Politically driven decisions as to what to investigate and what not to investigate.

    You are doing the work of the Russian government in their attempts to divide the American people by pushing these idiotic and unfounded conspiracy theories.
    No, that would be the left, leftists and Democrats (although I needlessly repeat myself) and their incessant inability to accept the results of the 2016 election.

    The great irony is:
    Her official Twitter account said later on Oct. 24: "Donald Trump refused to say that he'd respect the results of this election. That's a direct threat to our democracy."
    The left and the Democrats haven't accepted the results of the 2016 election yet.

    If you want to look at Ukrainian collusion to influence US elections, you could start here, for example.

    Ukraine’s top prosecutor divulged in an interview aired Wednesday on Hill.TV that he has opened an investigation into whether his country’s law enforcement apparatus intentionally leaked financial records during the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign about then-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort in an effort to sway the election in favor of Hillary Clinton.The leak of the so-called black ledger files to U.S. media prompted Manafort’s resignation from the Trump campaign and gave rise to one of the key allegations in the Russia collusion probe that has dogged Trump for the last two and a half years.

    Ukraine Prosecutor General Yurii Lutsenko’s probe was prompted by a Ukrainian parliamentarian's release of a tape recording purporting to quote a top law enforcement official as saying his agency leaked the Manafort financial records to help Clinton's campaign.

    The parliamentarian also secured a court ruling that the leak amounted to “an illegal intrusion into the American election campaign,” Lutsenko told me. Lutsenko said the tape recording is a serious enough allegation to warrant opening a probe, and one of his concerns is that the Ukrainian law enforcement agency involved had frequent contact with the Obama administration’s U.S. Embassy in Kiev at the time.
    As Russia collusion fades, Ukrainian plot to help Clinton emerges
    So eliciting foreign influence in US elections is only bad if it's not Democrats doing it?
    Covington Catholic, BuzzFeed Cohen story,
    Beyond BuzzFeed: The 10 Worst, Most Embarrassing U.S. Media Failures on the Trump/Russia Story
    Don't believe the lying leftist 'news' (political propaganda) media! #JournalismIsDead

  8. #578
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,429

    Re: Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary'

    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredUSN View Post
    And the liberals on DP support this clown.

    And they can't see why a guy like trump gets elected.

    So much for the party of intellectuals....eh?
    Why aren't you guys demanding Trump and White House officials testify before Congress?

    So much for adhering to any sort of principles or values...eh?
    I'm the globalist your racist, MAGA-hat wearing uncle warned you about.

  9. #579
    Conservatarian Guru
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,534

    Re: Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary'

    Quote Originally Posted by W_Heisenberg View Post
    False dilemma - Wikipedia

    A false dilemma is a type of informal fallacy in which something is falsely claimed to be an "either/or" situation, when in fact there is at least one additional option.

    The false dilemma fallacy can also arise simply by accidental omission of additional options rather than by deliberate deception. For example, "Stacey spoke out against capitalism, therefore she must be a communist" (she may be neither capitalist nor communist). "Roger opposed an atheist argument against Christianity, so he must be a Christian" (When it's assumed the opposition by itself means he's a Christian). Roger might be an atheist who disagrees with the logic of some particular argument against Christianity. Additionally, it can be the result of habitual tendency, whatever the cause, to view the world with limited sets of options.
    And the point of this meaningless drivel?
    The more a nation drifts from the TRUTH

    The more it will hate those who speak it

  10. #580
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,429

    Re: Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    And the point of this meaningless drivel?
    You asserted an argument based on the logical fallacy called False Dilemma.

    You said, "If a unhinged mob of looney left true believers go to extremes to deny or discredit something, it's most certainly true."

    Well, no, there could be other reasons why an "unhinged mob of looney left true believers go to extremes to deny or discredit something."

    They could just be upset that uneducated and ignorant Trump supporters keep putting forward disingenuous and propagandistic arguments devoid of any sort of logical reasoning.
    I'm the globalist your racist, MAGA-hat wearing uncle warned you about.

Page 58 of 96 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •