Page 57 of 96 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 953

Thread: Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary'

  1. #561
    Professor
    SkyFox76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Down the street
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,597

    Re: Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    So, your entire argument was summarized in my first post "Ewwwww! Townhall". Thanks for the totally mindlessness, I enjoyed a good laugh out of your miffed "yeah, but . . ."
    You linked to the opinion of a guy who either didn't read the memo, or chooses to flat out lie about Biden's name not being mentioned. Care to explain why you think people shouldn't criticize it?

  2. #562
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,433

    Re: Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    In other words hearing from the WB might destroy Schiff's carefully constructed house of cards.
    If everyone has corroborated what the whistleblower said then what negative impact do you think will occur if the whistleblower is made to testify?

    If you want the whistleblower to testify, then based on the same principle of transparency, you must also insist that WH officials and Trump himself testify.

    You do not make this argument. No Trump supporter makes this argument.

    This is how we know the argument is disingenuous. It's not about transparency, it's about stacking the deck in Trump's favor as much as possible.

    I will give your credit for your carefully constructed, but vapid list of "nuh-uhs".
    Thanks. I like to do my own thinking and my own writing. I don't like to lazily link to random op-eds.

    Funny thing is that having the WB testify openly would probably destroy most, if not all of your "arguments".
    Well, why do you think this is true? Everyone else -- even Trump himself by virtue of releasing the call transcript -- has corroborated the WB's claims.

    Answer one question: What are you afraid of by having him testify openly?
    I'm not. And the Senate will likely call him during the trial.

    Why aren't you asking Trump to testify? What are you afraid of?

    Why aren't you asking for WH officials to testify? What are you afraid of?

    Why aren't you asking for the WH to submit the documents the House requested?

    Do you believe Trump did not intend to hurt Biden when he called for Ukraine to investigate him?
    I'm the globalist your racist, MAGA-hat wearing uncle warned you about.

  3. #563
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,356

    Re: Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    In other words hearing from the WB might destroy
    Bull crap talking point? What can the WB possibly say to change what Trump said in the call and what he did with the aid funds? Why is it that no Trump defender can answer this question?
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    It does not in fact bother me that poor people exist. They are supposed to, poverty is the default state of human existence.

  4. #564
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,167

    Re: Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary'

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I get a lot of that - people unable to defend their statements telling me how obvious it is that I'm wrong. It's boring because it's too predictable. Nuh UHHH!!! YOU'RE WRONG!! Etc..
    You are predictable--and predictably wrong. It is boring, but I can't change you. You need to do that yourself.

  5. #565
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,399
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary'

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Adam Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary' - CNNPolitics


    Strange. Why would the Dems hide the accuser from cross examination? If the case is so airtight, why not go public with all of it?
    Well is wasn't when this started, it only became redundant after we found out the Whistleblower went to the Schiff staff and talked it over before reporting it and the WB may well be a Biden confident, staffer or more. Democrats, and particualrly Schiff are just crooks who will abuse power to gain the White House and then claim someone else did it.

  6. #566
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    277

    Re: Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    So, what this thread boils down to seem to be those on the right want a full and complete investigation, including a detailed examination of what the person that started the whole thing - the whistleblower. BTW I'd like to get the ICIG on the stand to explain how the requirement for PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE from the WB got changed just in time for this scenario.

    The opposite side, aka Trumpopaths seem to want to avoid anything that will destroy their chance to get the thing they desire more than any other thing in this world: Trump's down fall. Truth, fairness, due process, even Constitutionality, must be thrown in the dump, if necessary to achieve that goal. It's a sickness.
    Again, the whistleblower could be Hillary Clinton, how would that change anything considering the multiple testimonies corroborating the claims? We have the transcript. We have the DOJ confirming it. Trump himself said it happened, and that it was fine (his opinion, that's the point, interpretation of what happened, but everyone agrees on the facts because we have the conversation).

    Hillary could be the whistleblower and say she hates trump and wants to destroy the right...wouldn't make the claims any less true. It's not 'falsely' accusing someone, we have the evidence, right wingers agree, they just disagree on what it means. But the facts are facts.
    Last edited by ettoremathedi; 11-11-19 at 04:22 PM.

  7. #567
    Professor
    Jonsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,441

    Re: Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    So, what this thread boils down to seem to be those on the right want a full and complete investigation, including a detailed examination of what the person that started the whole thing - the whistleblower. BTW I'd like to get the ICIG on the stand to explain how the requirement for PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE from the WB got changed just in time for this scenario.

    The opposite side, aka Trumpopaths seem to want to avoid anything that will destroy their chance to get the thing they desire more than any other thing in this world: Trump's down fall. Truth, fairness, due process, even Constitutionality, must be thrown in the dump, if necessary to achieve that goal. It's a sickness.
    If the right actually wanted an open and honest investigation perhaps they can explain why the SUBJECT of the impeachment investigation has ordered his staff to NOT TESTIFY despite the fact that they are some of the principle people who know exactly what truth is in the alleged extortion of a foreign power for the SUBJECT's personal political gain. Nah, that ain't obstructing justice in plain sight now is it?

    But I do agree that trumpopaths are out to get the lying scheming shiftless corrupt lecherous lazy lowlife.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

  8. #568
    Conservatarian Guru
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary'

    Quote Originally Posted by SCrider View Post
    You have a myopic view of what the right wants. Maybe this is what you personally want, but I would wager the right as a whole is not interested in a complete investigation.
    With all due respect I'd submit you don't no **** about what the right wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCrider
    also your premise of the WB needing personal knowledge had been debunked from the start.
    Actually, no, the requirement for personal knowledge was changed JUST PRIOR to this whole scenario.
    The more a nation drifts from the TRUTH

    The more it will hate those who speak it

  9. #569
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,577

    Re: Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    With all due respect I'd submit you don't no **** about what the right wants.

    Actually, no, the requirement for personal knowledge was changed JUST PRIOR to this whole scenario.
    What the right wants is pretty clear by paying attention to the news.
    No the form changed not the law.

  10. #570
    Conservatarian Guru
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Schiff says whistleblower testimony is 'redundant and unnecessary'

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    He's an idiot or a liar (or both), which he demonstrated in the article you posted, so why would anyone care what that hack said about anything?
    Because I can tell from the reactions he's evoking from you guys that he's dead on the money. If a unhinged mob of looney left true believers go to extremes to deny or discredit something, it's most certainly true.
    The more a nation drifts from the TRUTH

    The more it will hate those who speak it

Page 57 of 96 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •