Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 520

Thread: Fact check: Trump says again that Americans need ID to buy groceries. They still don't

  1. #451
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    50,116

    re: Fact check: Trump says again that Americans need ID to buy groceries. They still don't

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    If you write a check to buy groceries, you will be asked for ID.

    Is that fact too difficult to comprehend?
    So... His point was that small percentage of people require ID to buy groceries because of the 19th century method they use to pay for food?

    Well, okay then. I guess we should base policy on that.

    Sent from the Matrioshka in the WH Christmas tree.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  2. #452
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,686

    re: Fact check: Trump says again that Americans need ID to buy groceries. They still don't

    Quote Originally Posted by Nalu View Post
    Trump wasn't talking about spray paint and personal bank checks and credit cards. You made that up after the fact because that's what Trump supporters do every time they're trying to cover for another stupid, false word salad that tumbles out of the president's incompetent mouth. It's not the substantive policy positions like abortion, health care, immigration, and foreign policy that make me think some of you Trump supporters are brain dead. It's the absence of character that enables you to lie, distort, contort, defend, accept, exclude, and generally avoid reality that makes me long for a time when people at least tried to make sense.
    Trump Derangement Syndrome. Outrage over the smallest detail.

  3. #453
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,686

    re: Fact check: Trump says again that Americans need ID to buy groceries. They still don't

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Nope, Trump used a bad example of ID required in daily life, likely because he has never done any grocery shopping. Rather than admit to that simple gaffe and move on, Trump and those wishing to let him get away with that nugget of senseless TrumpSpeak try to make up bizarre situations to make it seem "partly true".
    Trump Derangement Syndrome. Outrage over nothing. As in nothing burger.

  4. #454
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,247

    re: Fact check: Trump says again that Americans need ID to buy groceries. They still don't

    Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    Trump Derangement Syndrome. Outrage over nothing. As in nothing burger.
    Accusing ttwtt of TDS?



    Okay...
    I am the Chosen One


    _____________________________________________

  5. #455
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    54,711

    re: Fact check: Trump says again that Americans need ID to buy groceries. They still don't

    Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    Trump Derangement Syndrome. Outrage over nothing. As in nothing burger.
    That is precisely why there is no reason to try to defend it, yet many are doing just that in this thread.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #456
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,686

    re: Fact check: Trump says again that Americans need ID to buy groceries. They still don't

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Accusing ttwtt of TDS?



    Okay...
    No, that is probably against some forum rule. So consider it a general comment. There's lots of button pushers here. I hate to offend snowflakes. So I'm trying to provide a safe space.

  7. #457
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,247

    re: Fact check: Trump says again that Americans need ID to buy groceries. They still don't

    Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    No, that is probably against some forum rule. So consider it a general comment. There's lots of button pushers here. I hate to offend snowflakes. So I'm trying to provide a safe space.
    Offended snowflakes are the ones trying to twist a stupid comment like "you need ID to buy groceries" into a general comment so the comment doesn't appear as stupid.

    Nobody is "outraged" Trump is so out of touch with common things like grocery shopping that they need a safe space. We are simply pointing out how silly that was and anyone who tries to defend it in anyway.
    I am the Chosen One


    _____________________________________________

  8. #458
    Professor Nalu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,294

    re: Fact check: Trump says again that Americans need ID to buy groceries. They still don't

    Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    Trump Derangement Syndrome. Outrage over the smallest detail.
    I find all the silly catch phrases that the media create to attract low information voters (e.g., TDS, nothingburger, Pizzagate, open borders, etc.) to be insufferable, but there are indeed some people who become outraged by just about everything Trump does. I'm not one of them, so let's try to focus your lazy, overly generalized criticism of people who are left of you.

    I've already said this, but I'll repost it for you. The real problem with this story is not that Trump doesn't know how people buy groceries. That's just par for the course with this moron. The problem is that he already said people use ID to buy groceries. He was universally told at that time that he was wrong. In typical Trump form, he disregarded reality, threw a tantrum about being wrong, and then chose to be the same kind of wrong again as if he could magically become right. That's insane. That's weird. That's pathological, pathetic, embarrassing, and dangerous for the country. The other problem is that Trump supporters, in their infinite quest to be as dumb as he is, stayed up all night spinning incoherent blather about checks, credit cards, alcohol, and cigarettes. In normal times, the president's supporters would smile, shrug, and say, "That's a rich, old New Yorker for you. Doesn't even know how to buy milk and eggs." Now we're faced with a ridiculous cult of people who have dug a hole so deep that they'll throw grenades at the surface knowing full well that the damn things probably won't make it out of the hole but instead will fall right back down into their hopeless faces.

    It isn't "TDS". It's recognizing that adult, educated Americans have abandoned sense, credibility, and honesty to worship a madman.

  9. #459
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    50,116

    re: Fact check: Trump says again that Americans need ID to buy groceries. They still don't

    I dreamt that I visited some of the imaginary lives the posters on this forum pretend to have. I bought a bag of Fritos. Nobody carded me.

    Sent from the Matrioshka in the WH Christmas tree.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  10. #460
    Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,027

    re: Fact check: Trump says again that Americans need ID to buy groceries. They still don't

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Nope, Trump used a bad example of ID required in daily life, likely because he has never done any grocery shopping. Rather than admit to that simple gaffe and move on, Trump and those wishing to let him get away with that nugget of senseless TrumpSpeak try to make up bizarre situations to make it seem "partly true".
    Ok, you say he used a bad example of ID required in daily life,

    Is there a good example?

Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •