Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 92

Thread: Key allegations from the Ukraine whistleblower are true, despite what Trump says

  1. #61
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    110,166

    Re: Key allegations from the Ukraine whistleblower are true, despite what Trump says

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    LOL, you're funny when you're bored and just want to argue, no matter how dumb your argument...
    You'e funny when you try to look smart...lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Che fought for freedom
    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    Only those indicted and found guilty by the Grand Jury.

  2. #62
    HoHoHo
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    63,420

    Re: Key allegations from the Ukraine whistleblower are true, despite what Trump says

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Wait a minute, isn't the current claim that Trump asking the Ukraine to investigate Burisma is a campaign finance violation? Isn't that the major premise for this whole "inquiry"? If they are investigated and if Biden is found to have been involved in using his position in the US to influence the outcome of a Ukraine investigation then does that mean Trump needs to be impeached because....uh...because Biden is running for president and you can't investigate a guy that's running for president unless, of course, it turns out that he beats Hillary and then everything is cool?

    Or something like that. Frankly, I'm having a harder and harder time trying to untie the mental knots the "resistance" keeps tying themselves into when it comes to Trump.
    I have no idea what the "current claim" is. You have to ask someone who is talking about campaign finance violations. I missed those words in my post.
    It's disgraceful. I'm going to maybe and I'm looking at it very seriously. We're doing some other things that you probably noticed like some of the very important things that we're doing now. But we're looking at it very seriously because you can't do that. - President Donald J. Trump

  3. #63
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    49,903

    Re: Key allegations from the Ukraine whistleblower are true, despite what Trump says

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    What crimes did Biden commit in this country?
    Why do you ask? I didn't say anything about "in this country"...though there may be a law against a sitting VP using their position for family personal gain.

    That's why it needs to be investigated, don't you think?
    TANSTAAFL
    When I "dismiss" you it only means that I have determined that further discussion is useless or counter-productive. Don't take it personally. Go ahead and have your last word...and move on.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    49,903

    Re: Key allegations from the Ukraine whistleblower are true, despite what Trump says

    Quote Originally Posted by W_Heisenberg View Post
    Oh, come on. Grow up. Get real man. Seriously. Nobody talks like that.

    There doesn't need to be a precise recitation of the words, "I am now using my position as President of the United States to pressure you into investigating Biden, my political rival in the upcoming 2020 election."

    Nobody talks like that.

    Nobody says: "Oh, and I am doing this for my personal benefit and I'm doing this even though I may be violating my oath of office to protect and defend the Constitution. Also, I'd like to point out the precise definition of High Crimes and Misdemeanors, and I am committing just such an abuse of office right now. Did you get that? Transcriber, be sure to write those words down so when I'm accused of committing an impeachable offense there will be no confusion and people like Mycroft won't get that wrong idea! Should I repeat it again for the record?"

    Mycroft... knock it off. Stop defending this crook. What is wrong with you? It cannot be made any more clear? Why do you hate Democrats more than you love our Constitution? It doesn't make sense what you are doing by ignoring the evidence IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE.

    Stop being ridiculous. Wake up. Grow up.

    Trump is screwed 6 ways to Sunday. We have the summary of the transcript. We have his public comments what happened in which he confirmed that he pressured Ukraine over the issue of Biden. We have the texts from Volker.

    The things you and all other Trump supporters are saying about this are just dumb. There's no other word to describe it. It's just dumb.

    You're basically just sticking your fingers in your ears like a kid and saying nanny nanny boo boo. That's how stupid the things you Trump supporters are saying and writing appear to the rest of us back here on Earth.

    And even if he did say those precise words do you know what you'd say?

    SOOOOOO WHAT.

    That's what you'd say. You'd say that because the truth is YOU DO NOT CARE that Trump is a crook.

    The truth is you guys hate the Democrats more than you love our Constitution.
    LOL!!

    Who are you trying to convince? Me? Or yourself?

    Tell you what...instead of all the blather, just show me actual factual evidence. Not this "We know what he meant" nonsense.
    TANSTAAFL
    When I "dismiss" you it only means that I have determined that further discussion is useless or counter-productive. Don't take it personally. Go ahead and have your last word...and move on.

  5. #65
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:35 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,138

    Re: Key allegations from the Ukraine whistleblower are true, despite what Trump says

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Why do you ask? I didn't say anything about "in this country"...though there may be a law against a sitting VP using their position for family personal gain.

    That's why it needs to be investigated, don't you think?
    since that never happened, no it does not.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    31,508

    Re: Key allegations from the Ukraine whistleblower are true, despite what Trump says

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    It now appears that Biden is the backup plan in case Trump is not successfully impeached. If Trump is successfully impeached then it is Warren's turn to be the DNC nominee.
    Biden has been in politics so long that he can't help but have heaping piles of baggage. Sanders apparently has health issues. Warren is the other top candidate in the polls but I really don't think she has the chops to generate much enthusiasm beyond "at least she's not Trump".

    The other Democrat candidates are way back there. Butigeg and Yang don't seem to be totally crazy but they don't have much of a chance and Trump would eat them alive. Harris and Booker have a better chance of pulling in votes but they're both just awful. I mean, can you imagine Trump campaigning against "Spartacus"? Beto? The guy is completely off his rocker. I doubt that even the "anyone but Trump" crowd would have a hard time voting for him.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,569

    Re: Key allegations from the Ukraine whistleblower are true, despite what Trump says

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    That's something YOU imagine. The phone call made no mention of politics.

    In any case, no...Biden isn't a "political rival" until he gets the Dem nomination.
    Quite possibly one of the dumbest responses I've ever heard. Trump has no political rivals apparently then. The gymnastics you go through to defend your god are truly pathetic.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  8. #68
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    53,409

    Re: Key allegations from the Ukraine whistleblower are true, despite what Trump says

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Biden has been in politics so long that he can't help but have heaping piles of baggage. Sanders apparently has health issues. Warren is the other top candidate in the polls but I really don't think she has the chops to generate much enthusiasm beyond "at least she's not Trump".

    The other Democrat candidates are way back there. Butigeg and Yang don't seem to be totally crazy but they don't have much of a chance and Trump would eat them alive. Harris and Booker have a better chance of pulling in votes but they're both just awful. I mean, can you imagine Trump campaigning against "Spartacus"? Beto? The guy is completely off his rocker. I doubt that even the "anyone but Trump" crowd would have a hard time voting for him.
    Warren thrills most of the DNC base, but scares almost everyone else, and will get the hard core anti-Trump vote. Sanders is not even a demorat, but plays one during DNC POTUS primaries. I agree that Beto is just a loon with no other job. Yang has interesting ideas, but is not destined to be POTUS. Booker is just loud much like Harris, but is really about nothing and both will fade away soon.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  9. #69
    Sage
    JasperL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    37,059

    Re: Key allegations from the Ukraine whistleblower are true, despite what Trump says

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Trump's condition for the meeting was that Zelensky showed he was serious about cleaning up corruption and especially that corruption that impacted the US. Trump was clear about that and so was Volker. It was and is an entirely reasonable thing for one nation's leader to ask of another nation which will be receiving financial and military aid from the former.
    You aren't quoting from anything because the ONLY "corruption" Trump was concerned about was Crowdstrike BS to shift the blame for hacking to the DNC from the Russians, and Joe Biden. That's it. Not to mention the idea that Trump cares about 'corruption' as a principle anywhere is laughable. He only cares if cleaning it up helps DJT.

    Further, Trump is too ignorant to know anyone's name over there, so it's not crystal clear which prosecutor he thought was tough and was unfairly pushed out, but we have to assume it was Shokin who was BFFs with the corrupt oligarchs in Ukraine and specifically protected Hunter Biden's boss, and was called out for it by name by the U.S. ambassador in Ukraine, and reformists in Ukraine, and the UK and all or almost all of western Europe, including the IMF. So Trump went to bat for a corrupt prosecutor. Look up the "diamond prosecutors". Here's a story from 2016:

    Ukraine Ousts Viktor Shokin, Top Prosecutor, and Political Stability Hangs in the Balance - The New York Times

    In the final hours before Parliament voted him out, Mr. Shokin had fired his reform-minded deputy prosecutor, David Sakvarelidze, with whom he had been feuding. It was not immediately clear whether that firing would remain in force.

    With the prosecutor’s office in turmoil throughout Ukraine on Tuesday, one of Mr. Sakvarelidze’s appointees in the Odessa regional office was arrested by military prosecutors, assumed to be loyal to Mr. Shokin.

    Foreign donors had complained about rot in the prosecutor’s office, not least because much of the money suspected of being stolen was theirs.

    In one high-profile example, known in Ukraine as the case of the “diamond prosecutors,” troves of diamonds, cash and other valuables were found in the homes of two of Mr. Shokin’s subordinates, suggesting that they had been taking bribes.

    But the case became bogged down, with no reasons given. When a department in Mr. Shokin’s office tried to bring it to trial, the prosecutors were fired or resigned. The perpetrators seemed destined to get off with claims that the stones were not worth very much.
    And as we all know, Trump hired Manafort, who was one of corrupt oligarch Yanukovych's very high paid and influential political advisers. It was Yanukovych who was forced to flee Ukraine for Russia when the population there effectively revolted over the corruption in Ukraine.

    So none of your story fits ANY of the actual facts. It's gaslighting.

  10. #70
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Key allegations from the Ukraine whistleblower are true, despite what Trump says

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    LOL!!

    Who are you trying to convince? Me? Or yourself?

    Tell you what...instead of all the blather, just show me actual factual evidence. Not this "We know what he meant" nonsense.
    It's in the transcript. Read it. Don't let Hannity give his propagandistic interpretation of it to you. He's lying to you.

    And evidence can also be found in the collection of text messages Volker gave to Congress. And more evidence can be found in Trump's public statements. I can't make you comprehend English. I can't make you see past your own biases. What I can do is demonstrate, by way of analogy, the kind of mistake you're making.

    Read the following transcript:

    The Smoking Gun Tape

    Show me where in this transcript Nixon says, "Let's cover-up this Watergate stuff."

    Imagine Jaworski, the special prosecutor, saying, "Whelp folks, nothing to see here. Nixon didn't specifically say he covered up the Watergate break-in on the tape. This so-called smoking-gun tape is just a nothingburger."
    Last edited by W_Heisenberg; 10-09-19 at 07:14 PM.
    I'm the globalist your racist, MAGA-hat wearing uncle warned you about.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •