Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 136

Thread: Trump to send Pelosi a letter 'daring' her to hold impeachment inquiry vote

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Seen
    10-06-19 @ 09:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    631

    Re: Trump to send Pelosi a letter 'daring' her to hold impeachment inquiry vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Torus34 View Post
    Hi! Thanks for the post. This fascinating, complex, paradoxical country of mine, which it has been my honor to serve, never ceases to interest me. That we can produce folks who's political acumen is limited to regurgitating talking points on talk shows and also Nobel Prize recipients in quantity gives but a hint of this nation's capabilities. We remain fertile soil for all manner of people.

    Regards.
    Super. I'm an American veteran, too, not that your aside is relevant to anything. Thanks for your service, but I didn't ask.

    The regurgitation of talking points that you referenced is but a speck of dust in the broader age of anti-intellectualism that I referenced. Not sure what you think the Nobel Prize has to do with my comment, but if you were referring to Obama, then I suggest that you reevaluate and internalize your criticism and realize that no, the US is not fertile soil for all manner of people nor has it ever been, as any objective analysis of American history will show you.

  2. #82
    Educator LosAngelesAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    660

    Re: Trump to send Pelosi a letter 'daring' her to hold impeachment inquiry vote

    Quote Originally Posted by SLC View Post
    Nancy is scared to hold a impeachment vote because it will likely end up costing her speakership.
    ~ I believe if she does the minority will get subpoena power ? A scary thought for Democrats !
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    According to the Democrats, the evidence already exists. Schiff says there are "tons of evidence". What are they waiting for?
    ~THIS ... is a very good question. Someone should ask Schiff ...

    1074238616.jpg
    "In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem."

    January 20, 1981: From Ronald Reagan's Inaugural Address.

  3. #83
    Guru
    slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Nassau County, Long Island
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,731

    Re: Trump to send Pelosi a letter 'daring' her to hold impeachment inquiry vote

    Quote Originally Posted by LosAngelesAngel View Post
    ~ I believe if she does the minority will get subpoena power ? A scary thought for Democrats !

    ~THIS ... is a very good question. Someone should ask Schiff ...

    1074238616.jpg
    'Stretch' Pelosi & 'Plugs Biden' moving their pieces around the chessboard positioning
    Schiff & Nadler, the 'Simp" & the 'Blimp' in favorable positions to pounce.

    Good luck with that!

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Seen
    10-06-19 @ 09:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    631

    Re: Trump to send Pelosi a letter 'daring' her to hold impeachment inquiry vote

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    I work in higher education lately and this seems more of a rejection of the indoctrination pushed by progressives for many decades. Anti-intellectualism is a vacant term used to push the progressive narrative. The whitewashing of history and such to establish control. And votes. Lets not forget votes.
    Hmm. You work in higher education and that's your definition of anti-intellectualism? That's certainly not what I meant. In fact, that's not even a textbook's definition of anti-intellectualism. It doesn't have anything to do with partisan politics. Your premise that it does and even more alarming, that it has something to do with American progressives is exactly what I mean by anti-intellectualism, as that term is more thoroughly defined by . . . you guessed it: Intellectuals.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Seen
    10-06-19 @ 09:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    631

    Re: Trump to send Pelosi a letter 'daring' her to hold impeachment inquiry vote

    Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    'Stretch' Pelosi & 'Plugs Biden' moving their pieces around the chessboard positioning
    Schiff & Nadler, the 'Simp" & the 'Blimp' in favorable positions to pounce.

    Good luck with that!
    This passes for political discourse?

  6. #86
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Staten Island, NY USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    745

    Re: Trump to send Pelosi a letter 'daring' her to hold impeachment inquiry vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarab View Post
    Super. I'm an American veteran, too, not that your aside is relevant to anything. Thanks for your service, but I didn't ask.

    The regurgitation of talking points that you referenced is but a speck of dust in the broader age of anti-intellectualism that I referenced. Not sure what you think the Nobel Prize has to do with my comment, but if you were referring to Obama, then I suggest that you reevaluate and internalize your criticism and realize that no, the US is not fertile soil for all manner of people nor has it ever been, as any objective analysis of American history will show you.
    Hi! I get a bit teary and beery at times.* At bottom, I'm something of a political and sociological realist. Our history, like that of almost any nation, is checkered. Yet, we have had moments of what, for lack of a better term, I call nobility. One occurred at the end of WWII. We were relatively untouched. At war's end, we were a fearsome military power, able to obliterate entire cities with a single bomber sortie. We were in a position to dictate a Pax Americana to the world fro strength. We chose not to do so.

    Regards.

    * Ed.: He's nursing a glass of plonk as he types this.
    "And gladly wolde he lerne and gladly teche." Chaucer, the Canterbury Tales.

  7. #87
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,878

    Re: Trump to send Pelosi a letter 'daring' her to hold impeachment inquiry vote

    Quote Originally Posted by CaughtInThe View Post
    And just like we see no people sporting Nixon avatars or names these days, in a year or so there will be no people with any kind of name or avatar that's related to Donald Trump.
    Absolutely. Whether Trump leaves office before 2021 or in 2025, Republicans will never mention his name. How many times do they remind us of George W. Bush these days, ever?
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't support democracy. Never had. Never will.
    Quote Originally Posted by KLATTU View Post
    Whatever else you can call Trump, he sure ain't no misogynist.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    A child, especially a son, is a man's life partner
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I wish the USA would stay a white majority, but it won't.

  8. #88
    Sage



    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    18,869

    Re: Trump to send Pelosi a letter 'daring' her to hold impeachment inquiry vote

    Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    It's obvious that every idea that is not championed by the NY Times, The WP or CNN in your mind is labeled a conspiracy theory
    There are things called facts and there are things called conspiracy theories with no basis in facts. The WaPo, The Times and CNN strive to provide the best facts. What I read from right-wingers here -- and what Trump Tweets daily, are conspiracy theories.

    Trump's assertion that Hillary's server is in the Ukraine and that the Ukraine was behind the 2016 hacking are both tin-foil hat conspiracy theories with no facts behind them.
    Last edited by MTAtech; 10-04-19 at 10:09 PM.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Seen
    10-06-19 @ 09:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    631

    Re: Trump to send Pelosi a letter 'daring' her to hold impeachment inquiry vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Absolutely. Whether Trump leaves office before 2021 or in 2025, Republicans will never mention his name. How many times do they remind us of George W. Bush these days, ever?
    I'm sorry. Did you say Obama or Hillary?

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Seen
    10-06-19 @ 09:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    631

    Re: Trump to send Pelosi a letter 'daring' her to hold impeachment inquiry vote

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    There are things called facts and there are things called conspiracy theories with no basis in facts. The WaPo, The Times and CNN strive to provide the best facts. What I read from right-wingers here -- and what Trump Tweets daily, are conspiracy theories.

    Trump's assertion that Hillary's server is in the Ukraine and that the Ukraine was behind the 2016 hacking are both tin-foil hat conspiracy theories with no facts behind them.
    Yet every single one of his supporters believe it without a nanosecond of hesitation. I tried to teach a hamster how to jump rope once.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •