Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162
Results 611 to 615 of 615

Thread: Elizabeth Warren apologizes for 'harm I have caused' at Native American forum in Iowa

  1. #611
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,377

    Re: Elizabeth Warren apologizes for 'harm I have caused' at Native American forum in Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by 3leftsdoo View Post
    Translation:

    "It's not sleazy when Democrats do it!"

    Lying is always sleazy. Do you see my lean? It's not "undisclosed." I'm a liberal because I believe in the environment, health care for all Americans, restoring the middle class and creating an equitable country for all Americans. I believe in the grandfather teachings of the Native Americans (that's just a coincidence). I've said on this forum before that it's an absolute shame that we have to vote for the lesser of two evils. Warren is a Democrat through and through. I will never associate myself with a political party because the notion that I believe in everything that one party's platform says would mean I've been brainwashed.

    But we do have to vote for the lesser of two evils. And in this case, there is no candidate running on the Democratic side that is less evil than Trump, who is 100% against protecting the environment, providing all Americans with health care, restoring the middle class and creating an equitable country for all Americans. I disagree with his positions on every issue that's very important to me. Do you take issue with anything I just said?
    A working class hero is something to be

  2. #612
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    49,667

    Re: Elizabeth Warren apologizes for 'harm I have caused' at Native American forum in Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Are you aware of Elizabeth Warren's background in academia? It's absolutely astonishing how accomplished she was before she ever had any connection to Harvard. My issue is the absurdity of this being an issue that the right believes is relevant. Harvard says her employment there was not due to claims of ancestry. Do you have proof or a legitimate reason why you consider that claim to be fabricated? Do you want me to give you an example of somebody having to go to Vietnam, presumably because wealthy people could call on doctors who were their friends for a quick diagnosis of a bone spur? I can. My Uncle. He died. In your example, does the person die?
    Yes, I'm aware of Warren's academic background, even the University of Houston. Her accomplishments aren't at issue. And I guarantee you that I understand academia itself far better than you can even imagine, including how the decisions of hiring committees are made.

    This doesn't have anything to do with the "right" or the "left" for me; it's about right and wrong and taking dishonorable and unfair advantage. And it's about cheating. Warren is a plagiarist. This is arguably the greatest of academic sins.

    I don't need for you to give me an example of somebody who went to Vietnam and died or lived.

    I even understand the difference between body death and career death. If you are unable to understand that positions at Harvard (and elsewhere, of course) are coveted and that playing a card you aren't entitled to cost somebody else a plum job that would have been used as a platform for every other academic success--your contacts, invitations to present, publications, future advancements. Harvard Must Set the Record Straight on Elizabeth Warren | RealClearPolitics

    You seem to be saying that unless one physically dies, there is no real consequence. I can't fathom your trying to draw a comparison between Warren and your uncle's death in Vietnam. It's bizarre.

  3. #613
    Sage 3leftsdoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,197

    Re: Elizabeth Warren apologizes for 'harm I have caused' at Native American forum in Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Lying is always sleazy. Do you see my lean? It's not "undisclosed." I'm a liberal because I believe in the environment, health care for all Americans, restoring the middle class and creating an equitable country for all Americans. I believe in the grandfather teachings of the Native Americans (that's just a coincidence). I've said on this forum before that it's an absolute shame that we have to vote for the lesser of two evils. Warren is a Democrat through and through. I will never associate myself with a political party because the notion that I believe in everything that one party's platform says would mean I've been brainwashed.

    But we do have to vote for the lesser of two evils. And in this case, there is no candidate running on the Democratic side that is less evil than Trump, who is 100% against protecting the environment, providing all Americans with health care, restoring the middle class and creating an equitable country for all Americans. I disagree with his positions on every issue that's very important to me. Do you take issue with anything I just said?
    I think you typoed in the second paragraph. But I certainly like Bernie - who would get nothing done in his one term if by some miracle he were elected - and Yang and Gabbard.

    Warren, on the other hand, is mega-sleaze.

    Turbo Trumpahontas.

    A complete & utter criminal phony.
    Bernie or Bang / Go Vote for Yang / Tulsi - Just Dang!

  4. #614
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,377

    Re: Elizabeth Warren apologizes for 'harm I have caused' at Native American forum in Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Yes, I'm aware of Warren's academic background, even the University of Houston. Her accomplishments aren't at issue. And I guarantee you that I understand academia itself far better than you can even imagine, including how the decisions of hiring committees are made.

    This doesn't have anything to do with the "right" or the "left" for me; it's about right and wrong and taking dishonorable and unfair advantage. And it's about cheating. Warren is a plagiarist. This is arguably the greatest of academic sins.

    I don't need for you to give me an example of somebody who went to Vietnam and died or lived.

    I even understand the difference between body death and career death. If you are unable to understand that positions at Harvard (and elsewhere, of course) are coveted and that playing a card you aren't entitled to cost somebody else a plum job that would have been used as a platform for every other academic success--your contacts, invitations to present, publications, future advancements. Harvard Must Set the Record Straight on Elizabeth Warren | RealClearPolitics

    You seem to be saying that unless one physically dies, there is no real consequence. I can't fathom your trying to draw a comparison between Warren and your uncle's death in Vietnam. It's bizarre.
    No my point is that Trump's past lies have been astronomically worse for people than Elizabeth Warren's single lie. And we're going to have to vote for bad or worse, in my opinion. It's bizarre that I'm trying to draw a comparison between Warren and my uncle's death in Vietnam? I wasn't, you took the logical line of debate between us and are editing it nicely to imply I'm making absurd claims. The appearance, correct or not, is that you want to avoid discussing Trump's lies at all costs, zeroing in on Warren's lie instead (I'm assuming she was lying for the sake of argument, we don't even know she was).

    I said Warren's lies didn't hurt anybody, to which you replied:
    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    But they did. You don't think there were equally talented and worthy candidates who didn't get the Harvard gig because they didn't have a minority card to play and Warren did?
    So let's just ask a Harvard professor in response to you and the article from the author - who calls the current Democratic party the most radical in the history of the United States and claims their goal is to allow illegal immigrants to vote. Again, from someone in the know:
    This stuff I hear that she was an affirmative action hire, got some kind of a boost, it is so ludicrous and so desperately stupid and ignorant, it just boggles the mind.
    -Charles Fried, former US Solicitor General under Reagan and part of the committee that put Warren in a tenure position (credentials copied verbatim from Politifact)

    There's no evidence her lie played a role in her hire. She started getting academic scholarships at the age of 16. Do you want to go after Harvard for hiring Elena Kagan because she was a woman? Weren't there men who were equally qualified to get the job? Think of the harm that caused! It's that word. Harm. So I'm glad that you have a problem with lying, cheating, and plagiarism. But what's your point? You obviously don't have proof Warren was chosen by Harvard for her "identity," just an opinion article written by an irrelevant extremist. There's a better candidate for President? I think Warren is the most qualified for the job. More so than Trump, whose entire persona is a lie. But you haven't said a word about Trump or any of his lies, so I don't know what to make of your position on that topic. I agree with Warren on many issues and think any lying/exaggeration in the past on the issue of her heritage are unfortunate and I'm glad she apologized for them. You have to give her credit for releasing the DNA results. She outed herself. I bet she'll even release her tax returns.
    Last edited by Mustachio; 09-07-19 at 02:13 PM.
    A working class hero is something to be

  5. #615
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,377

    Re: Elizabeth Warren apologizes for 'harm I have caused' at Native American forum in Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by 3leftsdoo View Post
    I think you typoed in the second paragraph. But I certainly like Bernie - who would get nothing done in his one term if by some miracle he were elected - and Yang and Gabbard.

    Warren, on the other hand, is mega-sleaze.

    Turbo Trumpahontas.

    A complete & utter criminal phony.
    Thank you for noticing that. Double negative too. I disagree with you on Warren and Gabbard, agree on Bernie and Yang.
    A working class hero is something to be

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •