Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 218

Thread: White Nationalist Arrested for Alleged Threat Against Ohio Jewish Community Center

  1. #1
    Educator Old 'N Chill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:29 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    739

    White Nationalist Arrested for Alleged Threat Against Ohio Jewish Community Center

    And the beat goes on....


    White nationalist arrested for alleged threat against Ohio Jewish community center

    An Ohio man was arrested on Saturday after allegedly making credible threats against a Jewish community center, according to law enforcement officials and the Anti-Defamation League.
    James Patrick Reardon, 20, a self-identified white nationalist, posted a video to Instagram on July 11, which led to his arrest, according to NBC News affiliate WFMJ.

    “Today’s arrest is a reminder of the continued rise of white nationalism and violent extremism that we are seeing nation wide," James Pasch, regional director of the Cleveland ADL, said in a statement Saturday. "The man whom authorities arrested today appears to have attended the Unite the Right Rally in Charlottesville, where he announced to the world that he was a white nationalist who wanted, ‘a homeland for white people.’"
    White nationalist arrested for alleged threat against Ohio Jewish community center
    "Live and Let Live"

  2. #2
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    217,617

    Re: White Nationalist Arrested for Alleged Threat Against Ohio Jewish Community Center

    CBS, Channel 12, cincinnati just interviewed a LE expert named Paul Viollis and he noted that most of the active shooters had made on line or social media threats prior to their rampages but 54% of those who read these threats don't report them and that is what really needs to change
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  3. #3
    Tricks and Tweets
    Logician Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Magnificent Rocky Mountains
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,113

    Re: White Nationalist Arrested for Alleged Threat Against Ohio Jewish Community Center


  4. #4
    Global Moderator
    Stay Human
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    25,052

    Re: White Nationalist Arrested for Alleged Threat Against Ohio Jewish Community Center

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    CBS, Channel 12, cincinnati just interviewed a LE expert named Paul Viollis and he noted that most of the active shooters had made on line or social media threats prior to their rampages but 54% of those who read these threats don't report them and that is what really needs to change
    The article suggests that Reardon posted a video to Instagram which led to his arrest. Good that it was reported to authorities. I can only speak for myself here, but If I had genuine concerns that someone was a threat to anyones safety, I would have no hesitation in reporting them.

    I've also be slammed for holding that opinion. Free speech and all that crap. Free speech my arse. No right comes wholly without restriction and nor should it. The right to free expression should never extend to allowing and turning a blind eye to any kind of threats or incitement to violence.

    If you see it, report it.
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  5. #5
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    217,617

    Re: White Nationalist Arrested for Alleged Threat Against Ohio Jewish Community Center

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    The article suggests that Reardon posted a video to Instagram which led to his arrest. Good that it was reported to authorities. I can only speak for myself here, but If I had genuine concerns that someone was a threat to anyones safety, I would have no hesitation in reporting them.

    I've also be slammed for holding that opinion. Free speech and all that crap. Free speech my arse. No right comes wholly without restriction and nor should it. The right to free expression should never extend to allowing and turning a blind eye to any kind of threats or incitement to violence.

    If you see it, report it.
    no argument here. If someone says they want to break a record (for mass killings) etc, it should be reported.

    How many times has one of these massacres happened and AFTERWARDS we hear from people that "I figured that guy would do something like this"?
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  6. #6
    Respected on both sides

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    57,006

    Re: White Nationalist Arrested for Alleged Threat Against Ohio Jewish Community Center

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    no argument here. If someone says they want to break a record (for mass killings) etc, it should be reported.

    How many times has one of these massacres happened and AFTERWARDS we hear from people that "I figured that guy would do something like this"?
    Way too often. But police departments would be overburdened if people called them regarding those who would be likely to carry out a terrorist attack versus calls regarding actionable threats. I know people on this forum I strongly suspect are in the fantasizing stage, but is that actionable?

  7. #7
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    217,617

    Re: White Nationalist Arrested for Alleged Threat Against Ohio Jewish Community Center

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Way too often. But police departments would be overburdened if people called them regarding those who would be likely to carry out a terrorist attack versus calls regarding actionable threats. I know people on this forum I strongly suspect are in the fantasizing stage, but is that actionable?
    that's a sound pointing I really don't know a hard and fast rule. If you see someone brandishing weapons and talking about specific targets though-that's past whatever is the line
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    You know that Reagan signed the Brady Bill - right?
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The only "sport" that most gun owners participate in is suicide or murder.

  8. #8
    Respected on both sides

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    57,006

    Re: White Nationalist Arrested for Alleged Threat Against Ohio Jewish Community Center

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that's a sound pointing I really don't know a hard and fast rule. If you see someone brandishing weapons and talking about specific targets though-that's past whatever is the line
    For sure. That’s not a gray territory.

  9. #9
    Sage 3leftsdoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,112

    Re: White Nationalist Arrested for Alleged Threat Against Ohio Jewish Community Center

    The Thoughtcrime Era has arrived.

    R.I.P. Freedom of Speech

    1789 - 2019



    Bernie or Bang / Go Vote for Yang / Tulsi - Just Dang!

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,267

    Re: White Nationalist Arrested for Alleged Threat Against Ohio Jewish Community Center

    Quote Originally Posted by 3leftsdoo View Post
    The Thoughtcrime Era has arrived.

    R.I.P. Freedom of Speech

    1789 - 2019



    Big difference between RFK defending non-violent farmworkers and arresting a guy like the fellow in question here.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •