Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 64

Thread: E.P.A. Plans to Curtail the Ability of Communities to Oppose Pollution Permits

  1. #41
    Educator MauiMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Washington, Minnesota, Hawaii
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    933

    Re: E.P.A. Plans to Curtail the Ability of Communities to Oppose Pollution Permits

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post

    Just one more example of how this administration is Making America Great -- this time, by denying communities the right to stop industry from poisoning their air and water. So let's get this folks, power plants and factory pollution good; wind mill sounds cause cancer and are bad.

    I wonder if Trump voters were bargaining for this in 2016?
    According to the White House, they are doing great!

    Here’s the facts:

    AP FACT CHECK: Trump and an eco legacy not his own

    Bunch of liars.

    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

  2. #42
    Sage
    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    30,751

    Re: E.P.A. Plans to Curtail the Ability of Communities to Oppose Pollution Permits

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    Classic cognitive dissonance: When facts and evidence are contrary to what you want to believe, which induces discomfort, you respond by discounting or dismissing the facts and evidence.

    Ironic that you say we are chanting "The sky is falling, the sky is falling," while you stick your head in a hole in the ground to avoid seeing was is plainly around you.
    LOL

    Really lame.

    You have no proof anything is planned, other than some mention that some unknown ghosts have claimed something might be going on.

    And you talk to me a cognitive dissonance?

    There should be greater concern about intellectual vacancy and terminal gullibility on the part of those who react to this kind of click bait than any thing you can dream up to try and insult me.
    “When you talk about the firm that produced the Steele reporting, the name of the firm that produced that was Fusion GPS. Is that correct?”

    “I’m not familiar with that,” Robert Mueller answered.

  3. #43
    Guru uptower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,645

    Re: E.P.A. Plans to Curtail the Ability of Communities to Oppose Pollution Permits

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Prove it. Prove it's the result of any policy the President has enacted.

    I'll be looking for that proof.

    Thanks.
    Ah we need good old fashioned Internet PWOOFTM! Do we?

    Under Trump, U.S. Doesn’t Have ‘Cleanest Air on Record’ - The Atlantic

    It has been widely reported that since Trump took office and started rolling back EPA protections, pollution is up 14%. While it seems like a cute mental exercise to demand one policy that has definitively raised pollution across the board the logical answer is all of them.

    83 Environmental Rules Being Rolled Back Under Trump - The New York Times

    Rolling back limits on and punishments for polluters, opening new areas to oil and gas exploration, denying climate science and using that as an excuse to block legislation from congress - a veritable gestalt of complete f***ups. So I will not play the 'show me just one' game when the evidence is all out there in front of us: 83 environmental protections removed since trump took office.

    Here's some science from the experts:

    Calculating the Trump Administration’s Threat to the Air We Breathe | Union of Concerned Scientists

    And bear in mind the admin has tried to bury its own climate science reports when they did not suit the corporate agenda.

    So there is no point demanding PWOOFTM! NOW! from me, in the usual internet forum fashion, as if no reality exists outside this page, when the facts are a simple google search away.
    "I had nothing to do with Russia helping me to get elected."

  4. #44
    Sage
    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    30,751

    Re: E.P.A. Plans to Curtail the Ability of Communities to Oppose Pollution Permits

    Quote Originally Posted by uptower View Post
    Ah we need good old fashioned Internet PWOOFTM! Do we?

    Under Trump, U.S. Doesn’t Have ‘Cleanest Air on Record’ - The Atlantic

    It has been widely reported that since Trump took office and started rolling back EPA protections, pollution is up 14%. While it seems like a cute mental exercise to demand one policy that has definitively raised pollution across the board the logical answer is all of them.

    83 Environmental Rules Being Rolled Back Under Trump - The New York Times

    Rolling back limits on and punishments for polluters, opening new areas to oil and gas exploration, denying climate science and using that as an excuse to block legislation from congress - a veritable gestalt of complete f***ups. So I will not play the 'show me just one' game when the evidence is all out there in front of us: 83 environmental protections removed since trump took office.

    Here's some science from the experts:

    Calculating the Trump Administration’s Threat to the Air We Breathe | Union of Concerned Scientists

    And bear in mind the admin has tried to bury its own climate science reports when they did not suit the corporate agenda.

    So there is no point demanding PWOOFTM! NOW! from me, in the usual internet forum fashion, as if no reality exists outside this page, when the facts are a simple google search away.


    That's not proof!

    It's been widely reported that since Trump to office the air is 14% dirtier? Who would take an article from the Atlantic as proof of anything.

    Name the specific regulation, or set of regulations, that made the air in the United States 14% dirtier in 2 years.

    The propaganda the left clings to is astonishing. I can't understand what kind of training can accomplish such blind allegiance to dogma and hyperbole.


    There is only one thing you proved and it had nothing to do with the President.
    “When you talk about the firm that produced the Steele reporting, the name of the firm that produced that was Fusion GPS. Is that correct?”

    “I’m not familiar with that,” Robert Mueller answered.

  5. #45
    Guru uptower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,645

    Re: E.P.A. Plans to Curtail the Ability of Communities to Oppose Pollution Permits

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post


    That's not proof!

    It's been widely reported that since Trump to office the air is 14% dirtier? Who would take an article from the Atlantic as proof of anything.

    Name the specific regulation, or set of regulations, that made the air in the United States 14% dirtier in 2 years.

    The propaganda the left clings to is astonishing. I can't understand what kind of training can accomplish such blind allegiance to dogma and hyperbole.
    It is evidence. The internet fashion of demanding PWOOF! is a childish deflection

    Ridiculous comeback. The Atlantic doesn't make science up just because it doesn't like Trump. It goes to the experts.

    The evidence is all there, provided by experts, and just saying - likely without even clicking on the links 'It's all a hoax!' does not make it so. The jury is in; facts cannot be ignored. Climate change is real, pollution is most certainly real; and curtailing anti-pollution regulations does make it worse. This is third grade science.

    By demanding I 'name a single reg or set of regs' it is moving the goalpost and trying to reframe it as a simple contest between the two of us. It is not. Not when the evidence exists independent of us. There are 83 measures named in there that all contribute to a dirtier environment. I defer to the scientists. I don't ask anyone to believe me, because they have the research. Go read them.
    "I had nothing to do with Russia helping me to get elected."

  6. #46
    Guru
    Sampson Simpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,306

    Re: E.P.A. Plans to Curtail the Ability of Communities to Oppose Pollution Permits

    The amazing thing is how the right just goes along with it. So brainwashed they worship the rich, and having regulations increase cost to companies, so they should just be free to dump their wastes where they want and pollute away. So ridiculous

    Of course, they would throw a fit if their water and surrounding area was polluted, but when it doesn't affect them they don't care. How many fight any green technology, anti-pollution policies and other regulations that protect people from greedy companies that only care about profit is totally unreal. It just goes to show the level of brainwashing of way too many people

  7. #47
    Guru
    Sampson Simpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,306

    Re: E.P.A. Plans to Curtail the Ability of Communities to Oppose Pollution Permits

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post


    "The draft plan was described by three people familiar with the document, who requested anonymity because the proposal is not yet public. The document has been largely completed, they said, and the next step would be to announce the proposed rule change and seek public comment."


    Classic bull**** from the loony left...…


    The sky is falling, the sky is falling.....


    Classic trolling and inability to actually post any argument related to the topic. CLassic right wingers

  8. #48
    Guru
    Sampson Simpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,306

    Re: E.P.A. Plans to Curtail the Ability of Communities to Oppose Pollution Permits

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    Do you have any idea what the air in metropolitan areas looked like before controls of power plant emissions?
    Sounds like they want the air like Beijing, so bad people have to walk around in masks and the sun doesn't really shine through the fog of pollutants. They shut down factories during the Olympics so they wouldn't be embarrassed by the air quality.

  9. #49
    Guru
    Sampson Simpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,306

    Re: E.P.A. Plans to Curtail the Ability of Communities to Oppose Pollution Permits

    Quote Originally Posted by uptower View Post
    It is evidence. The internet fashion of demanding PWOOF! is a childish deflection

    Ridiculous comeback. The Atlantic doesn't make science up just because it doesn't like Trump. It goes to the experts.

    The evidence is all there, provided by experts, and just saying - likely without even clicking on the links 'It's all a hoax!' does not make it so. The jury is in; facts cannot be ignored. Climate change is real, pollution is most certainly real; and curtailing anti-pollution regulations does make it worse. This is third grade science.

    By demanding I 'name a single reg or set of regs' it is moving the goalpost and trying to reframe it as a simple contest between the two of us. It is not. Not when the evidence exists independent of us. There are 83 measures named in there that all contribute to a dirtier environment. I defer to the scientists. I don't ask anyone to believe me, because they have the research. Go read them.
    Not going to get any honest argument, most right wingers on this forum are nothing but trolls that just post intentionally dumb one or two liners just to piss people off.

  10. #50
    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:00 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,838

    Re: E.P.A. Plans to Curtail the Ability of Communities to Oppose Pollution Permits

    What do you expect?

    Trump appointed a lobbyist for the largest US coal company as his EPA Director.



    "You have no choice but to vote for me or the stock market will collapse!" — Famous financial savant Donald Trump who bankrupted four casinos.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •