Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 291

Thread: US makes deal with Mexico on tariffs, immigration, Trump announces

  1. #71
    WE'LL DO IT LIVE!
    MovingPictures's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,332
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US makes deal with Mexico on tariffs, immigration, Trump announces

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    Trump placed his lying sack of **** minions in charge of the involved agencies. He gutted DHS, replacing it with sycophants. Do you think the numbers will be legit?

    No. It's best to ignore anything he and his government says, and simply focus on 2020. It's worthless trying to trust or evaluate this current government.
    Don't think I've seen this kind of anger drip off one of your posts, Chomsky.

    Sounds like you've reached the point of pure disgust.

  2. #72
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Seen
    08-04-19 @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,638

    Re: US makes deal with Mexico on tariffs, immigration, Trump announces

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    The problem isn't Vesper, but the games Trump and his apparatus is playing with the country. A large chunk of the country doesn't know fact from fiction anymore. What we're seeing is unprecedented, in modern-day America.
    I disagree. The problem is the Republican voter base who were deeply radicalized by their parties leaders going all the way back to the Clinton in the 1990's when right wing pundits like Limbaugh were calling the Clinton's murderers. Things got much worse when Democrats dared to elect a half black president for two terms, and which resulted in right wing politicians and pundits telling their base he was a foreign born muslim terrorist sympathethizer/socialist/communist who hated white people and wanted to take away their guns. All of this resulted in Reality T.V. Con man Donald Trump jumping on the birther bandwagon, and using that nonsense to help himself solidify popularity with the radicalized segment of the Republican base. The Republican voters, a large portion at least, ARE the problem, which is why Trump and his thugs in the GOP can pull conspiracy theories out of their ass, and have 95% of their base believe every word.

  3. #73
    WE'LL DO IT LIVE!
    MovingPictures's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,332
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US makes deal with Mexico on tariffs, immigration, Trump announces

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    The problem isn't Vesper, but the games Trump and his apparatus is playing with the country. A large chunk of the country doesn't know fact from fiction anymore. What we're seeing is unprecedented, in modern-day America.
    Not exactly.

    Reagan brainwashed the nation with all kinds of propaganda, he just covered it with a cleaner and more elegant veneer. Both of the Bush regimes were the same way.

    The war on drugs, AIDS, evolution, stem cell research, heavy rock, etc. They spread effective propaganda that was almost impossible to deprogram out of people, but they were more sly about it, and they always did it with a smile on their face. Whereas the buffoon we have now is just not smart enough for that playbook, so he has to use his carnival barker antics.

  4. #74
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,921

    Re: US makes deal with Mexico on tariffs, immigration, Trump announces

    Quote Originally Posted by trixare4kids View Post
    I hope that the Trump opposition is not too proud to concede, and admit that this is a good deal for our country.
    If it prevents people from seeking asylum, it is not a good deal.

  5. #75
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    08-14-19 @ 05:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    34,566

    Re: US makes deal with Mexico on tariffs, immigration, Trump announces

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler View Post
    Sounds good, let's see if it really works.
    I'll give credit where credit's due.
    I don't think it will stem the tide of vitriol any, but I'll still say "good job" if it winds up working properly.

    Attachment 67257839

    As for conceding, I can only ask, "Concede WHAT?"
    What am I supposed to be conceding?
    CS, do you really believe Trump may have gotten the substantive deal he's claiming in a Tweet. The same as he did from NK, China, Canada, Germany? We've seen this Reality Show before, my friend. For three years! Is it possible? Anything's possible, including me winning the Lotto. Is it likely? No. It's as likely as his successes in the aforementioned countries, which is to say not at all.

    What's going to happen is that just like with those other countries, Trump will claim there's a great deal, Mexico will claim there's a great deal, the heads of the departments he placed there to control will cook the books, and his supporters will herald him a God Genius, and they'll admonish us for not believing it.

    S.S.D.D.

    We've had three years of this nonsense. Three_long_years. And I can't wait to place my vote next year to end it.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,921

    Re: US makes deal with Mexico on tariffs, immigration, Trump announces

    Quote Originally Posted by trixare4kids View Post
    Of course you are not going to give him credit now or ever....

    That's a given. You love your politics more than you respecgt our president's attempts to keep America's sovereignty, borders safely in check from some who do wish us harm.
    Our country is overwhelmed right now because of the the influx of those who are claiming political asylum. MX., the first country the central American migrants step foot in should be sharing the burden until the GD Democrats cough up the funds to help us deal with the asylum crisis.

    And don't you dare lecture me that this is not a crisis. I live in a border city...
    The democrats would give him all the money needed to deal with the asylum crisis if he respected law and treaty.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    08-14-19 @ 05:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    34,566

    Re: US makes deal with Mexico on tariffs, immigration, Trump announces

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    It will soon become plain enough - either matters improve on the southern border or they do not. Either the rush of asylum seekers stay in the US or they get sent back into Mexico. It's hard to fake a change in that situation if none actually occurs.
    And how do we know when matters improve? Who will give us the numbers? The agencies Trump gutted and replaced with his sycophants? Do we believe KellyAnne Conway? Sarah Sanders?

    See the problem here?

    There's really nothing we can believe anymore, with this government. That's why I believe none of it, and just wait for the day I can vote.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  8. #78
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    08-14-19 @ 05:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    34,566

    Re: US makes deal with Mexico on tariffs, immigration, Trump announces

    Quote Originally Posted by MovingPictures View Post
    Trump has proven that the power of propaganda is powerful enough, that he could stand in front of a burning building and claim the fire was out, and his fanatics would repeat it along with him.
    No ****! Today Laura Ingrahm on Fox told Trump's supporters that Trump did not say what he said. Can't make it up! But then kellyAnne Conway & Sarah Sanders have been saying the same thing for years!

    (Renato Mariotti) Laura Ingraham tells her viewers not to believe what they just heard Donald Trump say.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  9. #79
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    08-14-19 @ 05:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    34,566

    Re: US makes deal with Mexico on tariffs, immigration, Trump announces

    Quote Originally Posted by MovingPictures View Post
    Don't think I've seen this kind of anger drip off one of your posts, Chomsky.

    Sounds like you've reached the point of pure disgust.
    Absolutely. "Disgust", is a good word. It grows by the day. Along with fears of how it will only get worst. It's beyond hope. The only solution is to get him out of office, and let SDNY and the NY AG have him. Barr will likely take-out SDNY, but I think NY State will get him.
    Last edited by Chomsky; 06-08-19 at 01:43 AM. Reason: spelling
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  10. #80
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    08-14-19 @ 05:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    34,566

    Re: US makes deal with Mexico on tariffs, immigration, Trump announces

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickyjo View Post
    The democrats would give him all the money needed to deal with the asylum crisis if he respected law and treaty.
    You know, that's a fair point. It's no longer about the policies, but about Trump. Trump himself. He simply cannot be trusted. Best to just confine & neuter him, until he can be voted out.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •