Page 121 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1562

Thread: Facebook Bans Alex Jones, Milo Yiannopoulos, Other Far-Right Figures

  1. #1201
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,161

    Re: Facebook Bans Alex Jones, Milo Yiannopoulos, Other Far-Right Figures

    Quote Originally Posted by 3leftsdoo View Post
    Incorrect nonsense. Irrelevant ad hom.
    Your comment is irrelevant and I accept your concession you have not been able to prove your point. Good day, come back when you are no longer posting amateur comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    Which is greater, the life of the baby or a womans "rights"??????
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas
    Yes, we know that you don't care Trump bragged about walking in on underage girls naked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And that bothers you because????????

  2. #1202
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    47,579

    Re: Facebook Bans Alex Jones, Milo Yiannopoulos, Other Far-Right Figures

    Quote Originally Posted by 3leftsdoo View Post
    Why? That's an incorrect and wildly biased assessment.
    Because it's more accurate than the right is being picked on by Facebook.


    "The Republicans have gone from Abraham Lincoln to Sarah Palin to Donald Trump. No wonder they don't believe in evolution." Andy Borowitz

  3. #1203
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    59,887

    Re: Facebook Bans Alex Jones, Milo Yiannopoulos, Other Far-Right Figures

    Quote Originally Posted by OlNate View Post
    I'm sure this will get figured out in the courts -
    Very likely this will end up in court. Though Facebook being private, they don't have the same expectation to uphold 1A rights. The internet isn't a public utility, it's not some free public space. And while Facebook doesn't charge people to have an account on their site, they still are a business that makes money. They use their membership as ways to sell information/access to other companies so they can advertise or get other forms of access to people using Facebook.

    It's not "free". It is a private company and they can police their content.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #1204
    Sage
    OlNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,659

    Re: Facebook Bans Alex Jones, Milo Yiannopoulos, Other Far-Right Figures

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Very likely this will end up in court. Though Facebook being private, they don't have the same expectation to uphold 1A rights. The internet isn't a public utility, it's not some free public space. And while Facebook doesn't charge people to have an account on their site, they still are a business that makes money. They use their membership as ways to sell information/access to other companies so they can advertise or get other forms of access to people using Facebook.

    It's not "free". It is a private company and they can police their content.
    Zactly… Honestly, I think I inadvertently let myself get trolled in this thread. Can't believe I spent so much time stating the obvious. Gotta own my twitches, I guess... hehe
    Life's too short...

  5. #1205
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,901

    Re: Facebook Bans Alex Jones, Milo Yiannopoulos, Other Far-Right Figures

    Quote Originally Posted by 3leftsdoo View Post
    Yes. Not happening; Facebook must honor free speech.
    Is your baseless opinion for which you provided zero evidence. Where is the proof that they must do anything? It is not a public square, it is a private message delivery system.

    If anything, the current undercurrent in the supreme court indicates that they have no willingness to force private corporations to do anything. As in citizens united, a business is a person with the right to speak and the right to remain silent. Facebook cannot be forced to apply the burden on the government of freedom of speech.
    Ajax 34th National title, We will forever remember Appie Nouri

  6. #1206
    Professor Trump's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Laguna Beach
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,343

    Re: Facebook Bans Alex Jones, Milo Yiannopoulos, Other Far-Right Figures

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Is your baseless opinion for which you provided zero evidence. Where is the proof that they must do anything? It is not a public square, it is a private message delivery system.

    If anything, the current undercurrent in the supreme court indicates that they have no willingness to force private corporations to do anything. As in citizens united, a business is a person with the right to speak and the right to remain silent. Facebook cannot be forced to apply the burden on the government of freedom of speech.
    Monopolies get broken up.

    US Steel, AT&T, Standard Oil

  7. #1207
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,901

    Re: Facebook Bans Alex Jones, Milo Yiannopoulos, Other Far-Right Figures

    Quote Originally Posted by 3leftsdoo View Post
    Read the thread to better understand.

    Then read it again.

    People have read this thread and found your position lacking, sorely lacking in just about anything. No substance, no legal reasons for it and no evidence whatsoever.
    Ajax 34th National title, We will forever remember Appie Nouri

  8. #1208
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,901

    Re: Facebook Bans Alex Jones, Milo Yiannopoulos, Other Far-Right Figures

    Quote Originally Posted by 3leftsdoo View Post
    Nonsensical argument.

    Please read the thread so you can make cogent replies.

    this is hilarious, no, you make a cogent position rather than making non-response responses as to why the first amendment should be something a company that has no government connection has to comply with.
    Ajax 34th National title, We will forever remember Appie Nouri

  9. #1209
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,901

    Re: Facebook Bans Alex Jones, Milo Yiannopoulos, Other Far-Right Figures

    Quote Originally Posted by 3leftsdoo View Post
    You have clearly either not read the thread, or do not understand the concepts being discussed.

    TOS are irrelevant to this issue; Facebook must honor free speech.

    Facebook has to do no such thing, terms and the fact anyone who subscribes/enters into an agreement with Facebook has to confirm that they will comply with the rules. If you then and go and break those rules facebook has the right to terminate your membership/account.
    Ajax 34th National title, We will forever remember Appie Nouri

  10. #1210
    Sage

    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,901

    Re: Facebook Bans Alex Jones, Milo Yiannopoulos, Other Far-Right Figures

    Quote Originally Posted by 3leftsdoo View Post
    You don't understand the basic elements of what's being discussed.

    Oh well - you're not alone.

    But at least we are discussing the subject with facts and valid positions, so far from your end we see comments about other people's positions and facts with nothing more than "incorrect" or things like that. And the biggest fake comment "read the thread" nonsense also gives nobody a position to respond to, you know as to discuss the merits of ones position. If you do not give a position there is nothing to respond to.

    So again, what is the evidence you base your opinions on?
    Ajax 34th National title, We will forever remember Appie Nouri

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •