Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 579

Thread: Franklin Graham blasts Buttigieg for being gay

  1. #171
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rolesville, NC
    Last Seen
    06-15-19 @ 08:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,882

    Re: Franklin Graham blasts Buttigieg for being gay

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post


    How does that interview show anyone, especially Santorum, getting 'owned'? He freely acknowledged the hypocrisy that might be displayed by calling out ones actions and not the others. It didnt look like he was uncomfortable at ALL stating that as his opinion.

    The difference would be this. If Donald Trump ran and said "Im a Christian and a proud adulterer and leftists should just accept that because thats how God made me" then obviously he would be an idiot and full of **** and subject to scorn. That isnt what has happened. What HAS happened and why this became an issue in the first place is because Buttigieg wanted to play the role of victim and fabricated outrage and attack where none existed, KNOWING the idiot leftists would fall for it. And they did. Graham didnt attack him for being Christian. He didnt attack him for being gay. The difference in the two's position is that Buttigieg is proudly proclaiming he is, as a Christian, "sinning". That isnt what I say he is doing and it isnt what Graham says he is doing. Its what God says he is doing and what Buttigiegs own Christian faith says he is doing. But again...who fabricated this whole thing? Who is it that made this whole thing an issue? Buttiegieg...not Graham.
    No. He said that his beliefs, as a Christian and as they are, do not conflict with his sexuality. Not all Christians believe that everything in the Bible is absolute truth. Most Christians have something in the Bible that they see as not really true or to be taken as "allegory", yet when someone only believes in what Jesus said (which was nothing against homosexuality), they aren't "Christian" or they are being hypocrites?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #172
    Guru Airyaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    AL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,683

    Re: Franklin Graham blasts Buttigieg for being gay

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Not all Christians believe in the Trinity or the entirety of the Bible as absolute truth. Some only believe in what Jesus actually said himself as truth. Which would mean his faith as a Christian (with such or similar beliefs) would not conflict with his being gay. They could easily mesh. It is all about what that person believes, not the majority.
    Interesting...
    This Day in Politics <--- Daily political news, with a personal slant

  3. #173
    Chico needed the money...
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    25,466

    Re: Franklin Graham blasts Buttigieg for being gay

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post


    How does that interview show anyone, especially Santorum, getting 'owned'? He freely acknowledged the hypocrisy that might be displayed by calling out ones actions and not the others. It didnt look like he was uncomfortable at ALL stating that as his opinion.

    The difference would be this. If Donald Trump ran and said "Im a Christian and a proud adulterer and leftists should just accept that because thats how God made me" then obviously he would be an idiot and full of **** and subject to scorn. That isnt what has happened. What HAS happened and why this became an issue in the first place is because Buttigieg wanted to play the role of victim and fabricated outrage and attack where none existed, KNOWING the idiot leftists would fall for it. And they did. Graham didnt attack him for being Christian. He didnt attack him for being gay. The difference in the two's position is that Buttigieg is proudly proclaiming he is, as a Christian, "sinning". That isnt what I say he is doing and it isnt what Graham says he is doing. Its what God says he is doing and what Buttigiegs own Christian faith says he is doing. But again...who fabricated this whole thing? Who is it that made this whole thing an issue? Buttiegieg...not Graham.
    Graham is a hypocritical talibornagain. He only condemns those he doesn't like.

    Adultery is a choice. Being gay isn't.

    Your post is just one steaming pile of cognitive dissonance, and you know it. Buttigieg is not playing a victim...every single heterosexual candidate talks about their marriage partner, the right wing guys like to pretend they are moral beacons because they know that the idiot rightists fall for it.

    Buttigieg is showing America that the evangelical right is completely full of crap.

  4. #174
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    06-22-19 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    19,379

    Re: Franklin Graham blasts Buttigieg for being gay

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post


    How does that interview show anyone, especially Santorum, getting 'owned'? He freely acknowledged the hypocrisy that might be displayed by calling out ones actions and not the others. It didnt look like he was uncomfortable at ALL stating that as his opinion.

    The difference would be this. If Donald Trump ran and said "Im a Christian and a proud adulterer and leftists should just accept that because thats how God made me" then obviously he would be an idiot and full of **** and subject to scorn. That isnt what has happened. What HAS happened and why this became an issue in the first place is because Buttigieg wanted to play the role of victim and fabricated outrage and attack where none existed, KNOWING the idiot leftists would fall for it. And they did. Graham didnt attack him for being Christian. He didnt attack him for being gay. The difference in the two's position is that Buttigieg is proudly proclaiming he is, as a Christian, "sinning". That isnt what I say he is doing and it isnt what Graham says he is doing. Its what God says he is doing and what Buttigiegs own Christian faith says he is doing. But again...who fabricated this whole thing? Who is it that made this whole thing an issue? Buttiegieg...not Graham.
    So to summarize, Trump is a better Christian than Buttiegieg because he didn't campaign on being an unrepentant adulterer, he did the good Christian thing and lied about it, paid people off, and asked others to lie for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  5. #175
    May we meet in Valhalla
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,346

    Re: Franklin Graham blasts Buttigieg for being gay

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Graham is a hypocritical talibornagain. He only condemns those he doesn't like.

    Adultery is a choice. Being gay isn't.

    Your post is just one steaming pile of cognitive dissonance, and you know it. Buttigieg is not playing a victim...every single heterosexual candidate talks about their marriage partner, the right wing guys like to pretend they are moral beacons because they know that the idiot rightists fall for it.

    Buttigieg is showing America that the evangelical right is completely full of crap.
    Regardless of your feelings on whether or not you were born gay, does that change the description of homosexuality in both the old and new testament as a sin?

  6. #176
    May we meet in Valhalla
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,346

    Re: Franklin Graham blasts Buttigieg for being gay

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    So to summarize, Trump is a better Christian than Buttiegieg because he didn't campaign on being an unrepentant adulterer, he did the good Christian thing and lied about it, paid people off, and asked others to lie for him.
    Not even close. To summarize...the only reason this is an issue is because Buttigieg MADE it an issue and Graham responded. And of course...you know that...but you lack the integrity to admit it.

  7. #177
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    06-22-19 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    19,379

    Re: Franklin Graham blasts Buttigieg for being gay

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Not even close. To summarize...the only reason this is an issue is because Buttigieg MADE it an issue and Graham responded. And of course...you know that...but you lack the integrity top admit it.
    Shame on Buttiegieg for campaigning on his faith and identity. He should take a page from Trump's book of integrity and pretend to be a straight man, hide his husband under the bed, and tell everyone he is an atheist. That would be how a good Christian does things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  8. #178
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    05-30-19 @ 09:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,200
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Franklin Graham blasts Buttigieg for being gay

    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.cb48b121e6ff

    ‘Not something to be flaunted, praised or politicized’: Franklin Graham blasts Buttigieg for being gay.

    In his effort to push through the crowded room of 2020 Democratic presidential candidates, Pete Buttigieg, the gay mayor of South Bend, Ind., has regularly brought up his Christian faith and his experience balancing scripture with his sexuality.

    “It can be challenging to be a person of faith who’s also part of the LGBTQ community and yet, to me, the core of faith is regard for one another,” the candidate said at a CNN town hall on Monday. “And part of God’s love is experienced, according to my faith tradition, is in the way that we support one another and, in particular, support the least among us.”

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    (mine)

    And yet once more, the self-righteous right Christian conservatives show how utterly ignorant and homophobic they are. It was only a matter of time that someone was going to judge Pete Buttigieg for his sexuality and shouldn't be a surprise that it's the son of Billy Graham to do it first. Franklin Graham actually stated that Pete Buttigieg 'should repent' for being gay.





    Does the Bible approve of some homosexual relationships?

  9. #179
    May we meet in Valhalla
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,346

    Re: Franklin Graham blasts Buttigieg for being gay

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Shame on Buttiegieg for campaigning on his faith and identity. He should take a page from Trump's book of integrity and pretend to be a straight man, hide his husband under the bed, and tell everyone he is an atheist. That would be how a good Christian does things.
    Shame on you for lacking the integrity to be honest. Buttigieg fabricated an attack on Pence for political gain which spawned all of this. That had nothing to do with his 'faith'.

    You people are ****ing hilarious. You fall for the dog whistle every time. You did the same thing with the Rosie O Donell bull****. She out of nowhere attacks Trump, he responds...you **** yourself. This case...no difference.

  10. #180
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    104,018

    Re: Franklin Graham blasts Buttigieg for being gay

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Nope. And that is an opinion, just like saying yes would be.

    Is lying a sin?
    According to the Bible both are a sin and that's a fact. It isn't a matter of opinion. It's the height of hypocrisy to agree with part of the Bible and disagree with the parts you don't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I think Mueller's biggest mistake was not to more clearly explain to the sub-species we have in this country that this is now a matter for Congress to investigate. Oh - and the SDNY. Good thing they're both doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    Only those indicted and found guilty by the Grand Jury.

Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •