Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55

Thread: New Zealand shooting: Trump tweets link to Islamophobic website ...

  1. #41
    Sage



    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,146

    Re: New Zealand shooting: Trump tweets link to Islamophobic website ...

    Quote Originally Posted by uptower View Post
    Oh I know, but if Trump hadn't been around he'd just have praised some other right-wing leader. Yes I believe Trump inspired him and still inspires others of that type, but they look for validation of their beliefs and excuses for their crime and not necessarily motivation. I don't think it was Trumpism alone that pushed this clown over the edge.
    Idk, anti-Semetic attacks jumped in 2017. Think of anything else that happened in 2017?
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  2. #42
    Guru uptower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,540

    Re: New Zealand shooting: Trump tweets link to Islamophobic website ...

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    Idk, anti-Semetic attacks jumped in 2017. Think of anything else that happened in 2017?
    As i said a lot of people take the Age of Trump as 'their moment' and they will praise him among other, more genuine right-wing ideologues. However anti semitic and anti minority attacks did not begin the day Trump took office. This particular shooter may well have taken some of his cues from trump and that's bad enough - but he was also no doubt thinking of doing such a thing for a long time. Much of his adult life in fact.

  3. #43
    Sage
    TU Curmudgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Lower Mainland of BC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    13,275

    Re: New Zealand shooting: Trump tweets link to Islamophobic website ...

    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    I don't believe in treating mass murderers in the same manner we treat a gas station robber. There needs to be harsh punishment for hate crimes. Nobody has given those 49 people a choice, their lives were snuffed out in an instant. This is just too horrible to be punished by a life sentence in a prison cell. That sort of sentence will not deter anyone who wants to copycat that crime.
    The "Nut in New Zealand" was an abject failure. He only killed 49 people and that is 10 short of the world record (currently held by an American).
    CLOSED for the Memorial Day Weekend.
    Remembrance EVERY day!


  4. #44
    Sage
    TU Curmudgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Lower Mainland of BC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    13,275

    Re: New Zealand shooting: Trump tweets link to Islamophobic website ...

    Oh come on now, Mr. Trump didn't even know the "Nut in New Zealand" so how could he possibly have "inspired" him.

    It was reading all of that FAKE NEWS in the so-called "main stream media" that poisoned the mind of the "Nut in New Zealand".

    [This post is not OFFICIALLY endorsed by "Trump Supporters International".]
    CLOSED for the Memorial Day Weekend.
    Remembrance EVERY day!


  5. #45
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,447

    Re: New Zealand shooting: Trump tweets link to Islamophobic website ...

    Quote Originally Posted by TU Curmudgeon View Post
    The "Nut in New Zealand" was an abject failure. He only killed 49 people and that is 10 short of the world record (currently held by an American).
    Who thinks that way except a white supremacist?

  6. #46
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,447

    Re: New Zealand shooting: Trump tweets link to Islamophobic website ...

    Quote Originally Posted by TU Curmudgeon View Post
    Oh come on now, Mr. Trump didn't even know the "Nut in New Zealand" so how could he possibly have "inspired" him.

    It was reading all of that FAKE NEWS in the so-called "main stream media" that poisoned the mind of the "Nut in New Zealand".

    [This post is not OFFICIALLY endorsed by "Trump Supporters International".]
    People are 'inspired' by many things and many people. I never knew Abraham Lincoln but I've found the Gettysburg address very inspiring. Trump has most certainly inspired hundreds if not thousands of white supremacists over the past 3 years. Very few Blacks have ever met Martin Luther King but they find inspiration through his words. Millions of Christians have never seen Jesus Christ, yet they've been inspired by the stories about him as told in the Bible. White nationalists don't have to meet Trump to be inspired by the hateful xenophobic and racial speeches at his rallies and appearances like that one at CPAC. That's not by accident, Trump intentionally divides and creates chaos.

    A person is judged by the company they keep. A person is also judged by the quality of those people who claim him or her as their compatriots, role models, guides or heroes. Trump is considered a hero by white supremacists and neo-Nazis. The official Ku Klux Klan newspaper endorsed Trump for president in 2016. Trump's closest advisers have included people with apparent sympathy for white nationalism and the "alt-right," including current White House adviser Stephen Miller and former White House strategist and campaign chair Steve Bannon, along with former advisers Michael Anton and Sebastian Gorka. Other lower-level officials in the Trump administration appear to share similar racist views.

  7. #47
    Sage
    TU Curmudgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Lower Mainland of BC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    13,275

    Re: New Zealand shooting: Trump tweets link to Islamophobic website ...

    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    Who thinks that way except a white supremacist?
    • A bunch of losers who can't get laid.
    • A bunch of losers who don't understand their own religion.
    • A bunch of losers who are "Pro-Life".
    • A bunch of losers who __[fill in the blank]__.


    Can you see the vague hint of some slight, tenuous, connection there?
    CLOSED for the Memorial Day Weekend.
    Remembrance EVERY day!


  8. #48
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,447

    Re: New Zealand shooting: Trump tweets link to Islamophobic website ...

    Quote Originally Posted by TU Curmudgeon View Post
    The "Nut in New Zealand" was an abject failure. He only killed 49 people and that is 10 short of the world record (currently held by an American).
    Quote Originally Posted by TU Curmudgeon View Post
    • A bunch of losers who can't get laid.
    • A bunch of losers who don't understand their own religion.
    • A bunch of losers who are "Pro-Life".
    • A bunch of losers who __[fill in the blank]__.


    Can you see the vague hint of some slight, tenuous, connection there?
    No, I was speaking about you specifically. Your comment was something that a 'hostile' white supremacist would say. Your comment implies that the man that murdered 50 in NZ is a failure because he didn't murder more people. So when I replied rhetorically asking "who thinks that way except a white supremacist?" I was specifically referring to you.

    Then you responded that it would be "a bunch of losers who can't get laid", etc.

  9. #49
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Last Seen
    05-22-19 @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: New Zealand shooting: Trump tweets link to Islamophobic website ...

    Originally Posted by TU Curmudgeon
    Someone should tell Mr. Trump that neither "warmest" nor "best wishes" are quite appropriate when sent as a general "sympathy message".
    Give him a slack!

    Trump's vocabulary range in his native language is narrower than the one of most educated foreigners who speak English as a second language.
    For Trump, things are either "nice" or "bad," "beautiful" or "ugly" and so on...

  10. #50
    Sage



    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,146

    Re: New Zealand shooting: Trump tweets link to Islamophobic website ...

    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    People are 'inspired' by many things and many people. I never knew Abraham Lincoln but I've found the Gettysburg address very inspiring. Trump has most certainly inspired hundreds if not thousands of white supremacists over the past 3 years. Very few Blacks have ever met Martin Luther King but they find inspiration through his words. Millions of Christians have never seen Jesus Christ, yet they've been inspired by the stories about him as told in the Bible. White nationalists don't have to meet Trump to be inspired by the hateful xenophobic and racial speeches at his rallies and appearances like that one at CPAC. That's not by accident, Trump intentionally divides and creates chaos.

    A person is judged by the company they keep. A person is also judged by the quality of those people who claim him or her as their compatriots, role models, guides or heroes. Trump is considered a hero by white supremacists and neo-Nazis. The official Ku Klux Klan newspaper endorsed Trump for president in 2016. Trump's closest advisers have included people with apparent sympathy for white nationalism and the "alt-right," including current White House adviser Stephen Miller and former White House strategist and campaign chair Steve Bannon, along with former advisers Michael Anton and Sebastian Gorka. Other lower-level officials in the Trump administration appear to share similar racist views.
    Pssst, I think TU Curmudgeon was being sarcastic when he said:

    Oh come on now, Mr. Trump didn't even know the "Nut in New Zealand" so how could he possibly have "inspired" him.

    It was reading all of that FAKE NEWS in the so-called "main stream media" that poisoned the mind of the "Nut in New Zealand".

    [This post is not OFFICIALLY endorsed by "Trump Supporters International".]
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •