Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 83

Thread: House Judiciary Republican releases transcript of ex-FBI agent Strzok's testimony

  1. #21
    Educator MauiMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Washington, Minnesota, Hawaii
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    773

    Re: House Judiciary Republican releases transcript of ex-FBI agent Strzok's testimony

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
    Ja, jag är svensk. (You are obviously not as 'svenska' is the plural adjective). And I live in Sweden (to revert to English before the mods are on to me for posting in a dreaded foreign language). So I am able to bore you are great length with all the reasons why I think the aim of Swedish MSM is to only let the public know what it deems good for them.. Btw are you aware that the Swedish state TV and radio broadcasters, STV and Sveriges Radio, are now funded directly from taxation?
    Yes, I am not Swedish. I have relatives on Öland and in Göteborg. You are right—my Swedish is very poor. BTW, your english is excellent.

    I’m not surprised that Swedish state TV is funded by taxation. State socialism is characterized by state ownership of the means of production. Sweden is a socialist country, is it not?
    “Donald Trump was the dumbest goddam student I ever had.” — Professor William T. Kelley, Wharton School of Business. (Emphasis is Dr. Kelley’s)

  2. #22
    Educator MauiMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Washington, Minnesota, Hawaii
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    773

    Re: House Judiciary Republican releases transcript of ex-FBI agent Strzok's testimony

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
    Or one can adopt the Swedish position: that the public should only be given such information that their betters - ie the political, legal and media elites - think is good for them.
    I cannot adopt that position. In a free country, with a free press, it is imperative that the people get factual, unbiased information.
    “Donald Trump was the dumbest goddam student I ever had.” — Professor William T. Kelley, Wharton School of Business. (Emphasis is Dr. Kelley’s)

  3. #23
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    329

    Re: House Judiciary Republican releases transcript of ex-FBI agent Strzok's testimony

    A couple few quick points:

    First, the House voted 420-0 to release the Mueller report. Non-binding, but only 3 votes of "present". McConnell will not take up the measure to avoid embarrassing himself and the President.

    Second, I am against selective releases (like Collins') because he is deliberately skewing perceptions. It's the same thing he did after Whitaker's interview - he claimed something that even the Republican staff indicated was not true - because no one else was there, and there is no transcript.

    Third, there are prudential and legal reasons not to release unredacted transcripts. As noted, there are ongoing investigations, some of which are touched on by Strzok. Second, it is DoJ policy not to release information that does not rise to the level of indictment in criminal cases. DoJ Manual for Prosecutors. Most of Mueller's investigation is not criminal, but counterintelligence. I think we forget that. Also note that "rise to the level of" point. That does not mean "can't be prosecuted against a sitting President." Also, Impeachment is not a criminal matter.

    It'll be interesting to see how AG Barr interprets these rules.

  4. #24
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,954

    Re: House Judiciary Republican releases transcript of ex-FBI agent Strzok's testimony

    Quote Originally Posted by MauiMan View Post
    Yes, I am not Swedish. I have relatives on Öland and in Göteborg. You are right—my Swedish is very poor. BTW, your english is excellent.

    I’m not surprised that Swedish state TV is funded by taxation. State socialism is characterized by state ownership of the means of production. Sweden is a socialist country, is it not?
    I'm a Brit/Swede dual national.

    Depends on one's definition of 'socialist'. I describe Sweden as semi-democratic welfare capitalist, as most industry is not state owned.

    Another amazing fact for you: Approved Swedish newspapers receive government, that is tax-payers, subsidies. Just one of the great ways to ensure a tame press.

  5. #25
    Sage
    TU Curmudgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Lower Mainland of BC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    10,873

    Re: House Judiciary Republican releases transcript of ex-FBI agent Strzok's testimony

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No. The public only needs to see information as to whether a crime was committed. Nothing more.
    So, since the various investigations into Ms. Clinton's activities concluded that no crime was committed, you are 100% satisfied that that is all that should be released and the various matters should be allowed to fade into insignificance, are you?

    [We pause in our broadcast to allow the huge wave of raucous laughter to die down.]
    I was told that the best things for me were to eat healthy foods, walk up hills, stop smoking cigars, and cut out drinking Scotch.
    With my record, I don't deserve the best. What's second best?
    (Retirement Dinner remarks)

  6. #26
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:36 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35,571

    Re: House Judiciary Republican releases transcript of ex-FBI agent Strzok's testimony

    Quote Originally Posted by TU Curmudgeon View Post
    So, since the various investigations into Ms. Clinton's activities concluded that no crime was committed, you are 100% satisfied that that is all that should be released and the various matters should be allowed to fade into insignificance, are you?

    [We pause in our broadcast to allow the huge wave of raucous laughter to die down.]
    Why do you always respond with irrelevancy? Get your malfunction checked out.
    What you are quoting is about the public seeing information that is up to William Barr to decided if it is released.
    Do you see me asking, let alone clamoring, for info about what Clinton has done to be released? Huh? No you don't.
    So stop with your irrational irrelevant absurdity.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #27
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    329

    Re: House Judiciary Republican releases transcript of ex-FBI agent Strzok's testimony

    Quote Originally Posted by TU Curmudgeon View Post
    So, since the various investigations into Ms. Clinton's activities concluded that no crime was committed, you are 100% satisfied that that is all that should be released and the various matters should be allowed to fade into insignificance, are you?

    [We pause in our broadcast to allow the huge wave of raucous laughter to die down.]
    This is the very violation of DoJ rules that Comey committed.

  8. #28
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    329

    Re: House Judiciary Republican releases transcript of ex-FBI agent Strzok's testimony

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Why do you always respond with irrelevancy? Get your malfunction checked out.
    What you are quoting is about the public seeing information that is up to William Barr to decided if it is released.
    Do you see me asking, let alone clamoring, for info about what Clinton has done to be released? Huh? No you don't.
    So stop with your irrational irrelevant absurdity.
    Excon, it is not an irrational irrelevant absurdity, it is a rational relevant absurdity. There are DoJ rules. If you want them to be abided by, there has to be some consistency. I am not accusing you of clamoring, but I am curious about your rejection of Curmudgeon's point. It is directly related - as it is exactly the same set of rules that govern disclosure. IT's a "goose/gander" kinda thing.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:36 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35,571

    Re: House Judiciary Republican releases transcript of ex-FBI agent Strzok's testimony

    Quote Originally Posted by NWRatCon View Post
    Excon, it is not an irrational irrelevant absurdity, it is a rational relevant absurdity. There are DoJ rules. If you want them to be abided by, there has to be some consistency. I am not accusing you of clamoring, but I am curious about your rejection of Curmudgeon's point. It is directly related - as it is exactly the same set of rules that govern disclosure. IT's a "goose/gander" kinda thing.
    Then your thoughts are absurd as his are.
    I pointed out that Barr decides what will be released. The public is not entitled to anything else. Period.
    Clinton has not a damn thing to do with that and has not a damn thing to do with me.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #30
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    329

    Re: House Judiciary Republican releases transcript of ex-FBI agent Strzok's testimony

    I guess that makes you a goose.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •